Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... (15878 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa And Oba Rasheed & His Wife Strike A Pose / Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) / Senator Ita-giwa At Adaeze Yobo's Birthday Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by ceometromedia: 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
A former Presidential Adviser, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, says she will take part in negotiations for peace in the troubled Niger Delta only if the Federal Government will involve credible Nigerians.

Ita-Giwa spoke against the backdrop of reports that she had agreed to join the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta for a peace talk with the Federal Government.

In a statement on Wednesday, the former presidential aide noted that she would be part of any discussion that would bring lasting peace to the region instead of destruction.

She, however, noted that such negotiations must include the resettlement of the abandoned people of Bakassi that had been displaced for years following the ceding of the oil-rich island to Cameroon.

She said, “Recently, my attention has been drawn to a widespread report in the national dailies that I have agreed to serve in dialogue team with the Federal Government.

“I was, however, contacted by a representative of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta asking if I will be part of an initiative to find ways to end the ongoing attacks through dialogue towards restoring peace in the region.

“In my response, I said that I will consider serving if the Federal Government is willing to engage in discussions with credible Nigerians that have genuine interest and sympathy for the people of the region.

“Again, I said I will serve in order to put in place a lasting solution to the hostility and thereby bring succour to the people of the region. I shall also be willing to be part of the dialogue for the benefit of the people of the region and by extension, the numerous displaced Bakassi indigenes neglected over the years.”

http://www.punchng.com/involve-credible-people-dialogue-avengers/

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by 4reala(m): 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice move

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by StepTwo: 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
some people will soon start shouting " we now know thier sponsors"

9 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Volunteers?

Well who doesn't want to be relevant when your source of income has switched hands to another set of thieves cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by ayindejimmy(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
StepTwo:
some people will soon start shouting " we now know thier sponsors"

we now know their sponsors

20 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by StepTwo: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
ayindejimmy:

we now know their sponsors
Oya go call Arase and Daura

4 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Omudia11: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
oo
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Immunity1(f): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
I am against this move what make govt not have dialogue with boko haram i wonder why federal govt will bargain with criminal group

6 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by RZArecta(m): 1:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Florence should shut up, think of how to get a new boyfriend and get a Cameroonian passport instead of bugging is with her heifer life

7 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by iKarma: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2016
The thieves and sponsors are indirectly coming out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by hucienda: 6:21am On Jun 18, 2016
Thread Title says Niger Delta Avengers.

Reading through topic says MEND.

Why do some journalists like causing confusion?

3 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by wowmenow: 6:35am On Jun 18, 2016
Who will negotiate with Fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by kelvyn7: 7:52am On Jun 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by jargonzboi(m): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Iron Lady.
Typical. wink

2 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by obalove(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2016
na stupid conditions dem go dey voice, my Fod help una
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by VocalWalls: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2016
This is good
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Enkyl(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by gare(f): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2016
RZArecta:
Florence should shut up, think of how to get a new boyfriend and get a Cameroonian passport instead of bugging is with her heifer life

My friend show some respect, she is old enough to be your grandmother, you guys lack manners, I wonder how you were brought up.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Kayendy(m): 7:55am On Jun 18, 2016
I foresee another. Form of amnesty which Will give rıse to more agitation ın the future

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by LieDetector(m): 7:55am On Jun 18, 2016
She gather mind sha

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by BUSHHUNTER: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2016
No peace deal with them!
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2016
The government should not spurn this opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by careercrew1: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Good woman

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by Flyingngel(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2016
Let it be that this Avengers are fighting for the overall benefits of Niger Deltan, because Tompolo and dem gang greed are still fresh in our memories. Be there as it may, i believe if oil dries up next week the northeners will be looking for a way to leave Nigeria if we don't. As a Niger Deltan i support one Nigeria but let it not look as if some tribes or regions want to lord over us.

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by muri4mig(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2016
Cheap popularity seeking fellow on the loss again ! When does the re settlement of the people of bakassi now a problem of this regime? When our son was at the helm of affairs, why does the avengers did not raise their arm against our state to demand for their resettlement? The avengers does not even know what their demand are. It's purely a political rag-tag-head-group of political losers use as a tool to distract this regime. Until the government refuse to negotiate with any group that raise arms against it government, the growth we seek for will continue to be an illusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by OneManLegion(m): 8:08am On Jun 18, 2016
hucienda:
Thread Title says Niger Delta Avengers.
Reading through topic says MEND.
Why do some journalists like causing confusion?
Oga Titus, na Niger Delta Militants I see.

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by folahann(m): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Make them finish their oyel joor.
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by seangy4konji: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2016
They will allocate another 10 million dollars to This one again as transport fare.

NAija.
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by murmee: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Immunity1:
I am against this move what make govt not have dialogue with boko haram i wonder why federal govt will bargain with criminal group
The Niger Delta militants have genuine reasons for their agitations. The destructive approach they have chosen to make their point is what is condemnable. Can you please tell the whole world WHY the Boko Haram militants are killing and destroying? What exactly is the GOAL of Boko Haram?

3 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by psalmsjob: 8:24am On Jun 18, 2016
muri4mig:
Cheap popularity seeking fellow on the loss again ! When does the re settlement of the people of bakassi now a problem of this regime? When our son was at the helm of affairs, why does the avengers did not raise their arm against our state to demand for their resettlement? The avengers does not even know what their demand are. It's purely a political rag-tag-head-group of political losers use as a tool to distract this regime. Until the government refuse to negotiate with any group that raise arms against it government, the growth we seek for will continue to be an illusion.
When she was in government as adviser to GEJ she didn't push for the resettlement of bakasi people until now that PMB is president that she realizes that they have been neglected for long.

Self serving thieves forming patriots overnight.

Anyway if the so-called NDA are now sourcing for people to negotiate with government on their behalf then they don't know what they're doing nor what they hope to achieve with the agitation.

The aim and objective is to distract the government and stop corruption probe simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by emmysam2: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2016
If the Area Mama says she can Negociate with Militants, YES she can!!
After all, She is who she is!!!!!
Re: Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... by anethcharly(m): 9:05am On Jun 18, 2016
wowmenow:
Who will negotiate with Fulani herdsmen

I will

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mile 12: Lagos CP Orders Arrest Of 13 Leaders Of Warring Groups / Obi Congratulates Prof. Ogechi Adeola, On Her Appointment As Deputy VC In Rwanda / Kebbi Governor Idris Distributes ₦12bn Worth Of Ramadan Palliatives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.