Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

MUST READ- 5 Reasons To Stop Looking For Jobs In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MUST READ- 5 Reasons To Stop Looking For Jobs In Nigeria. (601 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Looking For Job As A Graduate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ- 5 Reasons To Stop Looking For Jobs In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
This post might shock some of you, and I might get some fire over this, after all its Nairaland. But this is something I feel most youth and job seekers should check out.

If you are someone who has been pounding naija job sites like jobberman and ngcareers, hey, I was there too. I know what it was like, pushing CVs up and down. When I finally got the job, it was seriously crappy pay for an IT project manager.

After a couple of years on the inside of the job market, even at senior manager level, I woke up one day and decided I was tired of the rat race. The dream we were sold on "go to school, get a safe secure job and the company will take care of you" is dead.

Now, I am not bashing jobs or anything, but here are some reasons I think people need to stop depending on jobs in Nigeria and look within

1. Jobs In Nigeria Are Now Scarce- Lets face it. The economy has changed. Foreign policy and economic changes have forced many institutions to close shop, or outsource or leave Nigeria. We open the papers and see that bank x has sacked Y number of staff. The so called well paying jobs are FEW. E.g The Telecoms and Oil money jobs, and as a former recruiter, I can tell you its mostly based on connections. So how do you survive?

To find out more on this, and what I think most job seekers should adopt, do click the link below and read the full article.

http://www.adebusoye.com/5-reasons-stop-looking-jobs-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Reputable Schools Massive Teachers Recruitment In Lagos / Job Opening At Main One / Interns And Marketers In A FMCG Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.