Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready (49268 Views)

Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) / How Is Your Experience With Abuja Kaduna High Speed Fast Train? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by nickxtra(m): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
PRYCE:
God bless Dr Goodluck Jonathan GCFR!
It was started by OBJ
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by owanedo: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Coldfeets:
People are very funny.

What does it matter if it was completed by GEJ or by PMB?

Whether it is the fish that swallowed Jonah or Jonah that swallowed the fish, all I know is that there's swallow in it.

People should always strive to look at the big picture.

The main thing is that the project has been successfully completed
my broda, e be like say dem swear for some people. all these politicians thier juju dey work for our youths body well well. God go help us.

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Joarams(m): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
tempest01:
Watch how they will soon go to sleep on this project, not knowing that there should be long term investment in human capacity and technological transfer, so that we can carry out maintenance and also update the process as time goes. Our steel industry also needs to be developed in order to provide raw materials for this transport sector.

I see some bigots praising OBJ. Im not against that, but going back 8 years to praise OBJ and leaving out the key player that was around during the most part of the project reeks of hypocrisy and bigotry.

Good initiative from OBJ, Better from GEJ for the implementation, Kudos to PMB for completing the project from the past administration.

The energy people put into trivial points of view is much more than what we need for the strategic planning to make this sustainable.

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by mrgreen4real(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Goddex:
That project was long completed by GEJ govt.

This fraudulent and incompetent Buhari/APC govt keeps delaying it's take-off to give impression as if they had any input in it
Why can't pple like u appreciate good things without sentiment? Jona started Baba finished they all tried. In the past we usually have abandoned projects but now shows there is continuity. What if Baba decided to takeoff his brand new project and abandon the existing ones?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by iswallker(m): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Goddex:

This fraudulent and incompetent Buhari/APC govt keeps delaying it's take-off to give impression as if they had any input in it

if it was long completed by gej, why didnt he commission it and put it to use for goodness sake... ....also since you know so much, you could have given us the date it was completed rather than "long completed"... sad

nigerians sha... undecided
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by fortune1968: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
If the clueless jona had remained the president ;looting and corruption wouldnt have allowed its completion.SAI BABA !
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by mexite: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't understand why every topic on nairaland is painted with political, tribal and religious colours. Can't we just be happy that something good is now on the plate ready to serve the people?

This is a project that has lasted three administrations, and now getting delivered in the fourth administration. It is our first high speed train.

I'm expecting this government to work assiduously, dust its hat and deliver landmarks.

God bless and preserve Nigeria.

Amen

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Olamadueke(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ballotelle:
during d the testrun d train moved at 80km/hr but it has a max design speed of 120km/hr, which in reality when operation starts it would probably travel at 100km/hr.. it has beautiful stations ,but i fault the locations of d stations, like not passing through major developed routes,it wd take time for development to get there, again the final station at rigasa should have been d old narrow gauge station in kaduna... all said and done,something as been done, lets see how it goes. atall atall na him bad

You have said it all. Just that you need to know that Railways are usually far away from where people stay. Houses are built one after the other till every where close the track becomes densely populated. Any Railway line you are seeing has been laid far before any house or building you are seeing around

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by lebete3000: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
DisGuy:

About 1hr30mins

minus distance to city centre

How you take know?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Kingkamal(m): 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
This project is UMARU MUSA yaradua initiative go and search abeg
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by abiambo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Started and finished procured all equipment just some last minute finishing touches made by this adm ... But u can't take it away from dem dat they did finish it doh.
kunlesufyan:
Nice ......we'll PmB should at least give credit to the past administration that started it...
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by brightleave(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Nice ......we'll PmB should at least give credit to the past administration that started it...
past administration cannot complete a project.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Chuksemi(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
BobUg28:
Thats a good one.

Hello bro. How are you today? Please check out this article I wrote. www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates I need your thoughts on it.. Thank you
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by ademate(m): 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
What I can tell my fake brothers from south east and south south people is that if u are not comfortable wit PMB govt and APC.
D only solution to ur pains is to waiting till 2019 and beyond organised yourself and with best mumu governors among u to register a Biafra/Ijaw political party and present araridokubo or ur drunkard president GEJ again for presidential election or u position ur party as opposition party to present govt.
Your agitation on facebook, nairaland, and phone calls to radio stations can't solve ur pain. Be with your sorrow till next election biko!

Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by teebell999(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
chudionu58:
PMB completed it with which budget?

why didn't GEJ commission it if he had truly completed it before his departure?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Ochife(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Niger delta money
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by wealth123: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
So we still have some illiterate Nigerians who are still backing mr stealing is not corruption. I pity all of you. Only God can deliver you.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:
I don't get how some people here reason.

GEJ started it, so what? How many projects did the IB inherit from Yar'Adua?

Kudos to PMB for seeing this to completion. A project is only useful when completed. We have so many abandoned projects scattered all over the country. What benefits have they served?
When was money for the completion budgeted by PMB?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Magnitki: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Goddex:

What stopped Jonathan from commissioning?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by adimsmt: 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Inova:

But why is this paining you now. Were you part of the team GEJ gave the contract to?

Let me answer you NO i'm not team GEJ nor PMB I'm team Nigeria and not everything in our country need to be politicized. I'm sure you want to be a good patriot, but you can never be if all you do is calling people you has different opinions names.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
DaBullIT:
A little drop of shyt on the side of a plate of delicious rice, even if you close your eyes, your mind will remain open

If it's GEJ's doing , we are happy

But we can't forget not more than 30 people stole 3.3 Trillion naira under his watch , that's why i voted against GEJ in the first place

but if this is Buhari's doing or if Buhari completed it

Then SAI BABA
Tell em bro.. haters can relocate to Ghana
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by jsb(m): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
They finished it from which budget...under 1 year without a budget yet they were able to start and finish this...lies
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by chyket(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2016
koboko69:

Keep quite. Obj started that project. YaraDua left it half done before he died. Contractors left the site afterwards and came back later 2012. Still Jonathan could not finish it. Cos if he did, he would have hurriedly commissioned it to boost is elections campaign. This is the same noise made about Benin Ore road, which was already done to Okada, b4 Jonathan took over. See u glorified Jonathan for completing it, Buhari is glorified for any project he finishes irrespective of who started it. cool
I didn't know I was responding to all these kids that can't make contributions without indecency.I also guess you meant quiet and not quite
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by datigbogirl: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
mrvitalis:
Believe it or not, OBJ and Abacha had good vision for Nigeria.... They may be corrupt yes. But there vision was very good.. . Far better than what we have today

Thank GOd it is completed... .
Next should be Abuja- lagos (that's was supposed to be the first even)
Lagos- Port Harcourt
Then Port Harcourt - Kano through Abuja

If this can be done, they'll be a drasric reduction in occurrence of road accidents as more people will stay off the road and get on track to their various destinations. I just pray it doesn't spoil business of road transport workers cos they can start vandalizing railwaytracks and setting them up for failure and accidents! God forbid!
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready by iambic(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2016
don't get how some people here reason.
GEJ started it, so what? How many projects did the IB inherit
from Yar'Adua?
Kudos to PMB for seeing this to completion. A project is only
useful when completed. We have so many abandoned
projects scattered all over the country. What benefits have
they served?
(Quote) (Report) 169 Likes (Like) 10 Shares (Share)
Re: Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway

It was already completed before PMB came into power so talk with fact not like ur APC fool

Obiano Commissions Anambra International Airport (Pictures) / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge