Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58586 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Beremx:
Olori go hear am. Wait let Omotola and Stella Damasus come and take her to the correction table.

She will learn to think before yarning dust.
Omotola that doesn't know where she belongs.

One day she's not a feminist. The next day her husband goes to market for her because of her 'status'. Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by JOYOSITA(f): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
nonjebose:
who is schooling who? Happy wkend
The schooler is Uche while the schoolee is the Ooni's wife. Happy weekend to you too dear.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Wait sef.. Who even cares who pays for who? As long as she has equal opportunities that you enjoy, all well and good. No one cares about the dynamics of your personal relationships.
And why it is difficult to find such women is because of the orientation of the society towards gender issues. And lastly, if I invite a girl on a date, then I should be responsible for expenses
not if she is a genuine feminist she will INSIST on paying her share

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Shym3xx: 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
yeah looking for those women is like looking for a needle in a haystack. i have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than of meeting a woman who wants to buy me lunch

Looool.

I can't wait for these heaux to embrace full feminism, I swear down. Taking them on dates cost a lot of money, especially when you're trying to impress their raggedy arses. At least, a nyggah can spend his money on himself and they can pay for their shyte. And no need to chauffeur their lazy arses around...if they're not driving - they can always jump on a bus or get uber and pay for that shyte. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Yh.. Rwily classy of u. 'Sweet preek'. Fact is poor men beat their wives, this is common and successful women suffer domestic violence though not so common

The women i know personally that are in abusive marriages and staying are sucessful women. in fact one of them is the primary breadwinner, she's the one who even bought the husband his car, pays rent, school fees e.t.c yet even when she was 8months pregnant this man was beating her and she's still there lipsrsealed because she's afraid of people judging her, shes afraid of society discriminating against her as a divorcee so instead she stays

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
i hope when ya man take you out for lunch you insist on paying half of the cheque. nonsense angry

Or all of it. What concern of yours is it?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

i don't know where you live, in mean in this same Country where many women are breadwinners The thing is in Nigeria because of the men's ego the women will pretend to outsiders that he's the one paying. she can give him the money in the car sef just to protect the so called ego undecided
many women are bread winners ? you mean on mars cuz that shytt aint happening on earth. womens ego cant handle that. she will make the guys life a living misery if she is the breadwinner

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by codslic: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Queen makes sense....as for this uche make she go sit down

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Looool.

I can't wait for these heaux to embrace full feminism, I swear down. Taking them on dates cost a lot of money, especially when you're trying to impress their raggedy arses. At least, a nyggah can spend his money on himself and they can pay for their shyte. And no need to chauffeur their lazy arses around...if they're not driving - they can always jump on a bus or get uber and pay for that shyte. grin
hahaha part time feminists everywhere bruv. feminists of convenience grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Etinosajay(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
@ scatterscatter

You spoke beautifully. Your head must be full of wise stuff.

I always like to hear arguments for and against.

Your argument against, is brilliant. Not like some other folks who preferred to attack the personality and tribe of uche jombo.

If it were omotola that said such, they would give her thumbs up.

I'm wondering why you chose scattersca.tter as your moniker. smiley
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:

Omotola that doesn't know where she belongs.

One day she's not a feminist. The next day her husband goes to market for her because of her 'status'. Lol grin

Very true, she's no different from the Olori. women like them and many here just pander to what their men want to hear. they just want to be hailed as good "African" wives whereas many of them are not even practicing what they say. Omotola said she doesn't believe in gender equality and the husband is blah blah and women should take care of their homes and blah yet the same Omotola later revealed that its the husband that goes to the market grin does that sound like something a so called tradition woman would do? The same way Olori says she's not equal to men but she managed to get more divorces than men sef grin if not for women rights would she as a 2ce divorced woman be able to talk in public . is multiple divorces part of the so called African tradition she's selling grin

These women will say whatever they think Nigerian men want to hear . What they practice is another issue grin
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:

Or all of it. What concern of yours is it?
cuz you are a part time feminist. who paying the mortgage on ya crib ?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Maximus85(m): 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
tosin400:
The popular actress, Uche Jombo took to her social media to condemn Ooni Of Ife’s wife, Olori Wurola’s speech which obviously wasnt in support of Gender Equality.

See what she wrote below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/06/18/actress-uche-jombo-blasts-olori-wuraola-over-her-speech-on-gender-equality/

This is why she couldn't get a decent Nigerian man to marry her. Life was sweet and peaceful when our mothers and great grand mothers never fought for equality with their husbands. The moment you try to equalise or question a man's headship.... There will be trouble.

This lady will carry Bible and call on God when she knows nothing written in that book.

Who started all these rubbish? A Woman. A woman who disrespected her husband and made a stupid decision that has landed us all into these problems.

Who ate the forbidding fruit first? A foolish woman who fell for a talking snake. Adam has been living in the garden for a long time and had never disobeyed God. Here comes a woman who wasn't ready to seek the opinion of her husband before making a decision. She wants to have the right to make decisions on her own. See where she has driven us to today.

God was angry with Adam for "listening" to his wife and disobeying him. He cursed men. He said we will sweat before we eat. We no object oooo. We men dey serve our punishment jejestically. God also cursed women. He said because you have done this, your husband will dominate you. Other translation used the words "Lord over you."

So why are these women not ready to serve their own punishment even when they are the cause of the curse in the first place? If we want to dominate you, don't fight us, go fight God.

I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Shym3xx: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
hahaha part time feminists everywhere bruv. feminists of convenience grin grin

Lol, have you ever met a feminist in ya life cos I'm yet to meet one? grin These heifers always deny that shyte like Judas denied Jesus and they sit their arses there expecting you to pay for everything and provide them with comfort. What part of gender equality is that? grin

We've to be equal in everything lool.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
cuz you are a part time feminist. who paying the mortgage on ya crib ?
still none of your concern.

If I happen to do should that make me the head of the family? Since that's what you guys' understanding of equality is all about.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
grin grin as in.

Tolatutu:

Very true, she's no different from the Olori. women like them and many here just pander to what their men want to hear. they just want to be hailed as good "African" wives whereas many of them are not even practicing what they say. Omotola said she doesn't believe in gender equality and the husband is blah blah and women should take care of their homes and blah yet the same Omotola later revealed that its the husband that goes to the market grin does that sound like something a so called tradition woman would do? The same way Olori says she's not equal to men but she managed to get more divorces than men sef grin if not for women rights would she as a 2ce divorced woman be able to talk in public . is multiple divorces part of the so called African tradition she's selling grin

These women will say whatever they think Nigerian men want to hear . What they practice is another issue grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
many women are bread winners ? you mean on mars cuz that shytt aint happening on earth. womens ego cant handle that. she will make the guys life a living misery if she is the breadwinner

you're joking right? The Bayelsa State Governor came out to say himself that 90% of their women are breadwinners and you'll be suprised that it cuts across the whole country. Which man will tell you his wife is teh breadwinner, even the ones here that their wives feed and cloth will be here making noise grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Alpharezz(m): 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
"Watch as they break the glass ceiling, reaching straight for the moon...and beyond...in their Louboutins."

And that, my dear, is how to end an argument. Slay Bae!

If you like don't ga'an learn how to cook. Be forming gender equality.
lol lwkmd i been think say you wan praise am you con do am smackdown.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

see your mouth like tradition lipsrsealed was killing of twins not justified as tradition go and kill twins now and say its tradition and see if you won't go to jail was female genital mutation not excused as tradition? those traditions were put in place to cheat women and this bill will change all that. Laws supersede your yeye evil traditions . once a law is in place that you must not discriminated based on gender anyone trying to keep a woman away from her share of her fathers property will be dealth with by the law.

in some places male children don't inherit their fathers properties? really then who inherits it? k have never heard of such please mention the place

see how you are happy that women are being cheated out of their fathers properties lipsrsealed so you can cheat your sisters abi the so called stronger sex always trying to take advantage of the supposedly weaker sex

all those ones you mentioned are crimes against humanity, in other words barbaric, and they didn't get abolished through the passage of a bill bit through enlightenment.

well when the man rights a will and is 6ft already, who are you going to sue?
the girl inheritance comes from the mother not from the father. same way her daughter will inherit her properties too.

its only a lazy woman who doesn't have ambition that will leave nothing for her daughter to inherit.

yes there is a place where the male child doesn't inherit his father's properties buy rather his mother's . You can ask any Abiriba guy.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Maximus85:

This is why she couldn't get a decent Nigerian man to marry her. Life was sweet and peaceful when our mothers and great grand mothers never fought for equality with their husbands. The moment you try to equalise or question a man's headship.... There will be trouble.

This lady will carry Bible and call on God when she knows nothing written in that book.

Who started all these rubbish? A Woman. A woman who disrespected her husband and made a stupid decision that has landed us all into these problems.

Who ate the forbidding fruit first? A foolish woman who fell for a talking snake. Adam has been living in the garden for a long time and had never disobeyed God. Here comes a woman who wasn't ready to seek the opinion of her husband before making a decision. She wants to have the right to make decisions on her own. See where she has driven us to today.

God was angry with Adam for "listening" to his wife and disobeying him. He cursed men. He said we will sweat before we eat. We no object oooo. We men dey serve our punishment jejestically. God also cursed women. He said because you have done this, your husband will dominate you. Other translation used the words "Lord over you."

So why are these women not ready to serve their own punishment even when they are the cause of the curse in the first place? If we want to dominate you, don't fight us, go fight God.

I rest my case.

Gender equality is not about marriage! Can't you people read you don't even know what gender equality is about yet you're attacking her. all we are saying is the only man a woman is asked to submit to is her husband and not every man out there. in society everyone is equal and must have equal rights irrespective of gender.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Kimoni: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
This feminist ideas are contradicting. To me feminism is the right of a woman to choose who she wants to be and how she wants the society to perceive her.
If you want to be a prostitute, fine...its your choice
If you want to be career woman, great, if you want to be a house wife, your choice.
It just means a woman does not have to be what the society expects her to be, to me, its just being true to yourself.
That's my own two kobo. But another woman enforcing her view and perception on another woman is not feminism but what the society is already doing.

May God bless your intelligence
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
No I did not call it "tales" I said "The tale" . I am not here to teach you English but the two have different meanings a tale is a narrative or story while "tales" could mean lies as in "telling tales". Telling tales and telling a tale are different things. People who grew up on kerosene cooked food will struggle with these nuances but how is that my problem??

That's your problem Oga. I grew up on kerosene cooked food. Actually you promoted me. Because I did grew up in firewood cooked food.

But that's how you people claim rich behind keyboards, only to be seen flooding topics about N-Power.

The trend here, I have observed, is to term others poor in order to score cheap points. Yet we all scream hardship. Who is the poor then.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Charly68: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche! uche!! very soon u will tell your husband to be sharing the kitchen duties with u at home ..This stupid White mentality that u people are dragging to Africa in the name of human right should better be stopped..It can not work in this side of the world
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Topestbilly(m): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.

Correct woman.... 10 bottles of origin for u..
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

all those ones you mentioned are crimes against humanity, in other words barbaric, and they didn't get abolished through the passage of a bill bit through enlightenment.

well when the man rights a will and is 6ft already, who are you going to sue?
the girl inheritance comes from the mother not from the father. same way her daughter will inherit her properties too.

its only a lazy woman who doesn't have ambition that will leave nothing for her daughter to inherit.

yes there is a place where the male child doesn't inherit his father's properties buy rather his mother's . You can ask any Abiriba guy.

no one is talking about when theres a will but when there no will and the family wants to cheat the female children. in the absence of a will inheritance must be shared among all the children. No all children must be able to inherit from both parents. That so called custom is just to cheat the women because the men tended to have more properties seeing that many sef won't even allow the wife to do any substantial work so which property. If there's no ulterior motive nothing stops all children from inheriting from both parents. Yes the law does way in on inheritance especially when theres no will and once the gender equality bill is in place it will further help women to fight for their right.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Fkforyou(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm not really concerned about this feminism brouhaha.... what I find disgusting is when some silly things start to attack and be forming intellectual on those who doesn't fancy their course, especially their fellow woman....where is it written that all women are to become feminist and they shouldn't have a different opinion?

Another thing I find annoying about this naija feminist is the assumption that all feminist are smart, enlightened and successful and all those who are not feminist are otherwise. And that's when you'll see everybody forming "I belong".

I can bet my allawee that this Uche "Dumbo" and some of this online she goats are not half as smart as this queen.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Maximus85(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

Gender equality is not about marriage! Can't you people read you don't even know what gender equality is about yet you're attacking her. all we are saying is the only man a woman is asked to submit to is her husband and not every man out there. in society everyone is equal and must have equal rights irrespective of gender.

Did you read what she said? Didn't she mention husband in the home? I pity all of una. U girls started it all. Thank God you didn't dispute that.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by kennycalls(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
I pray her marriage last long if not separated already..gender bullshit

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by freeman67: 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
I do not see any inequality between men and women except where women physical strength can not carry them around. As a person I have primary school mates that are women same with secondary and tertiary institution. I have sisters that went to same schools too. Majority of the Jobs in Nigeria as much as I know pay with grade level and not gender or sex. Even when women get to enjoy more holidays in the name of maternity leave. I know a govt worker ( a woman) that gave birth to three children in four years and in each of the Year she had six months maternity leave and in all the months she was earning the same salary as a man in her grade level in that office.

In military and paramilitary agencies women work in less risky units and department but still get the same pay and some in the risky and hazard prone units work mostly as administrative staff instead of being operative yet they all get the same pay.

As colleagues in the office going for lunch together the women hardly pay, paying for cab boarded together is seen as a man's responsibility yet they earn same salary. At home some women even earn more than their husbands but it is man that is meant to cater for the home. Some will never accept they have money even when the house is in need. They will only spend the money for their parents and siblings.

If you say politically women are at the disadvantage I will agree and that is because lots of them does not have the physical ability to withstand the violent politics played around here. infact some men avoid politics for same reason too...

So what equality are you clamoring for Madam Uche?

That your Dad should share in the Omugwo with your mum?

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

you're joking right? The Bayelsa State Governor came out to say himself that 90% of their women are breadwinners and you'll be suprised that it cuts across the whole country. Which man will tell you his wife is teh breadwinner, even the ones here that their wives feed and cloth will be here making noise grin
yes but you dont know the misery and torture the men are going through in the hand of these women. just the other day omotola announced to the whole world that she has being sending her husband to the market to buy tatashe and atarodo for the past 18 years. basically she said he is her houseboy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by pussyeater(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche Jombo Forming IDIOTWOMAN since the begining on Nollywood undecided

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
still none of your concern.

If I happen to do should that make me the head of the family? Since that's what you guys' understanding of equality is all about.
if you happen to do then that will make you a real GENUINE feminist. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Mr. Eazi Thanks Temi Otedola, His Girlfriend "For Making Everything Special" / Dj Cuppy Celebrates Nigeria At 60 With Cute Photo / Zubby Michael & Chizzy Alichi Fight Over "A Woman Being King Of Boys"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.