Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58575 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
bluestone2015:
All my life, I had always been privileged to be ahead of men of my age.

In the University, I had lots of men asking to sit with me to copy my answers.

At Work, I often have lots of men as subordinates.

In life generally, most of my male friends and colleagues come to me for investment advice because they are impressed with my performance.

I am trying to understand the issue of gender equality because it seems that I am superior to a lot of men of my age. I rather think the men are trying to catch up with me.

From my experience, I concluded that the most intelligent remains the most superior.

So fellow women. Try to enhance yourselves and strive for the best. Remain at the top of anything you are doing. You will see that people will give you a lot of respect. Males and females alike.

I am writing from experience.

That because you were given the opportunities so you are actually supporting Uche. If your father had not sent you to school but only sent your brothers instead because" afterall you are a girl" will you have had those opportunities? thats the reality of many girls in this country. Gender equality is about equal opportunities which you had but unfortunately many girls out there do not have that and thats what the bill is for. laws are to protect the weak and disadvantaged in the society. The little girl who cant fight for herself so its our duty to fight for her just like someone fought for your right to vote, go to school, drive and such.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by LizBae(f): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
God bless Uche 4 me smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Bgorgeous: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sweetheart educate the less privileged in brain Biko . feminist ko feminist ni

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijamakossa:
stop quoting the bible,you are not a true christian

go to every home with a successful marriage,you will find out that the woman is submissive to her husband

it is because of this equal right that we have many broken

I no blame you because Satan have been using women to destroy the world right from time of Adam and eve

I pity your marriage

I still pray that God to give me someone like my mom to marry.

I am not a true Christian? Wow, you have taken the place of God who knows a real christian. Don't pity my marriage, pity yours, cause you don't know who you'll end up with. And no woman can be like your mum, you for kuku marry your mama.

Where did I say a woman should not submit to her husband?

Awoni buni eyan. Sha carry ur wahala go front.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:
Men and women have no business being, no matter how the argument is twisted. Not even Uche can equalise men and women without first finding out from God why he decided to make woman a help mate.
The problem with bringing God into this is we are trying to run a society on laws so it is either we make our own laws or we use God's laws and run a theocracy.
If my Senator is a woman should her vote count as much as that of men? No one is seeking to make laws governing the operation of families or the home but PUBLIC LIFE. Should women be allowed to become Judges Senators etc. Should women have the same work opportunities with men who have the same qualifications and so on .That is what this is about not who washes plates of cooks food in the home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by amtaken(f): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
And who says women are paid less than their male counterparts?

All these wannabes won't let us rest.

I am not a feminist.

I am a learned woman who is happy to keep her home. I also know that I am to submit under my husband, giving him much respect and care while he showers me with love.

Can all these feminists stop spoiling our young girls please!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by neocortex: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
I think you are repeating dogma without thinking it through. As your assertion is examined you will start to make all kinds of caveats and exemptions. I think for me to form an opinion that is rational and logical I should start with an open mind.

So Men and women are not equal but then you go on to talk about homes .

So are men and women equal if they do not belong to the same household?
e,g are men and women equal in school, the work place etc .
Should women be allowed to be governors,Ministers presidents? Does inequality apply there?

Let us go back to the home are brothers and sisters not equal? If they are not equal how does this inequality manifest exactly.
What really is the basis of this inequality

I think the main issue lies in the meaning of "gender equality" and
the dictionary meaning isn't worth the salt.

Equal opportunity and equal rights is universally accepted(at least in
civilised non-theocratic countries) and is being promoted. So any discrimination
in social , legal or career circle based on gender is immoral and totally wrong.

What usually cause disagreements is the home front especially husband
and wife relationship. I admit that there are many backward culture which
restricts and even dehumanise women in certain situations but they are the
exceptions not the rule.

Gender equality as being promoted by feminists is equal(even superior in some cases) role for husband and wife
in the family for example if the wife washes plates in the morning , the husband must
cook in the evening so as not to violates their right. If any woman wants such , it is better she marries a husband
who have the same understanding as herself.

Marriage is a choice not a right as you cannot force someone into a union they don't want.

If someone hates cigarettes, he/she have no business marrying a smoker only to cry
foul that their right is being trampled on.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Aderupoko2: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Equal rights mean we abolish anything gender. No male or female footballers, everybody will fight for shirt for the National teams and football clubs. Same goes for other sports, boxing, weightlifting, athletics, etc. No employment quota should be reserved for women, including other appointments, there shall be no gender in any questionare or form. No female or male prison, etc. Until, they all agree to all these and more, then we know they are all serious about gender equality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

Actually, you are the one who made an a*** of yourself... In most parts of the world even developed countries, women are generally paid less for doing d same work. Pls carry out a little research

MY dear where in Nigeria does that happen? what happens in other countries is not our business!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by seangy4konji: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche jombo.

I can't laugh.

Go and Sidon somewhere jorr

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Aderupoko2:
Equal rights mean we abolish anything gender. No male or female footballers, everybody will fight for shirt for the National teams and football clubs. Same goes for other sports, boxing, weightlifting, athletics, etc. No employment quota should be reserved for women, including other appointments, there shall be no gender in any questionare or form. No female or male prison, etc. Until, they all agree to all these and more, then we know they are all serious about gender equality.
With due respect to you sir, this is the most stupid thing I have read here. And that's no little achievement. No body is saying we shouldn't acknowledge biological differences in men and women but the social and psychological limitations imposed on the female gender should be removed... BTW, ask any sociologist, gender is different from sex.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by naijamakossa(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

I am not a true Christian? Wow, you have taken the place of God who knows a real christian. Don't pity my marriage, pity yours, cause you don't know who you'll end up with. And no woman can be like your mum, you for kuku marry your mama.

Where did I say a woman should not submit to her husband?

Awoni buni eyan. Sha carry ur wahala go front.
I know you will quote me,because you don't respect

keep forming whatever u are forming now but jus knw that there is time for everything

time to marry and time to form a hardcore feminist
my piece of advice.
and also don't ever play this shiiit with the man u gonna marry because we have many undertaker ladies who don't give a f uuck to all this u are claiming

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by oshaosha2014(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pls, so many women in our society are already doing what so many men cannot do. Not talking about the aspects where you need the superior physical strength of a man. We have women who head organisations. We have women who are the breadwinners of their family. We have women who come tops in our educational institutions, we have women who are leaders in so many areas of life, giving men a run for their money.

Now, tell me what you people really want. Because as far as I know, women are not disenfranchised in Nigeria. You may say it is not about the marriage, trust me, this is exactly what will make divorce attractive for the women folk.

Do you have any idea what it feels like leaving a marriage at will and having to get paid upon leaving because I have two breast and a pussy Man, I will just keep marrying and getting out at will, in the end, I will become a millionaire.
Tolatutu:

you people should take time to read about the bill. its not about marriages but the generally society e.g office, school and such. why should a woman not be allowed to inherit property from her father? those are the things we are talking about. the law is not interested with who wears the pants in your house
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.
hmmmm. all these weak men who wear tight trousers we see nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
And who says women are paid less than their male counterparts?

All these wannabes won't let us rest.

I am not a feminist.

I am a learned woman who is happy to keep her home. I also know that I am to submit under my husband, giving him much respect and care while he showers me with love.

Can all these feminists stop spoiling our young girls please!

please try and educate yourself on gender equality. Gender equality is not about marriage, no one is going to pass a law to see who washes the plates or cooks. Gender equality is talking about the larger society, equal rights to education, equal pay for the same job, not discriminating based on gender e.g saying a woman can't inherit property.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
If I marry a woman and she start forming gender equality, omo na to divorce her straight oooo.... No time

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Excellentmind: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
foladara777:

A helpMATE, shez a mate not a slave..

Just look up for the meaning of the word slave, then we will take up from there.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
rotimileke:
If at all Uche Jombo is married, how stable is her marriage? They want to turn Nigeria to America where everyone have a mother but no father. foolish feminist. Give her two years from now and she will be divorced.
Smh
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.
ahan!! So from her writeup, u still can't understand? shocked shocked. Lmaooo.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by icedstone: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
what else do u expect from a career woman... for the records women are never equal to men. once u understand that as a woman your relationship with men will be better and your marriage will be successful.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

MY dear where in Nigeria does that happen? what happens in other countries is not our business!
U also want me to educate you. Dis is getting stressful jawe.. Even by mere logic, if US that have more accommodation for gender equality are struggling with gender pay gap, itz logically worse in Nigeria. I refer you to my reply to the other nigga

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Araoluwa005:
Uche, remember say shoe get sizes o. the Olori(Queen) can never come so low to answer you
lmaooo.. so olori that was a "nobody" this time last year suddenly is more lofty than a veteran that has paid her dues in her profession because she has a differing opinion? Nigerians ehen.. too funny

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

she don manage go marry mexican
she is now the role model for our naija girls.

u need to look at ur culture and adjust accordingly , this internet era has done more evil than good.

if u marry a good man that loves u, u wont need all this equal rubbish, because no one will be treated as a sub.

i am not equal to my husand and my kids are not equal to me.

my hubby wears the crown, so wen i say to my my oga say '' NO,i cant go to that party '' i say it with pride.

he is the head.
smh angry

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
oshaosha2014:
Pls, so many women in our society are already doing what so many men cannot do. Not talking about the aspects where you need the superior physical strength of a man. We have women who head organisations. We have women who are the breadwinners of their family. We have women who come tops in our educational institutions, we have women who are leaders in so many areas of life, giving men a run for their money.

Now, tell me what you people really want. Because as far as I know, women are not disenfranchised in Nigeria. You may say it is not about the marriage, trust me, this is exactly what will make divorce attractive for the women folk.

Do you have any idea what it feels like leaving a marriage at will and having to get paid upon leaving because I have two breast and a pussy Man, I will just keep marrying and getting out at will, in the end, I will become a millionaire.

Gender equality bill is not the same as divorce laws. No one is talking about who gets what in divorce here and in Nigeria women don't get zilch not even child support most divorced women here take care of the children single handedly so its not even relevant here.

examples of gender discrimination; do you know in many parts of Nigeria a woman is not allowed to inherit property from her father simply because shes a woman angry so her brothers will share and even if the woman helped her father build it while alive she will not be given a dime. is that fair?

Do you know that many landlords do not rent to single women? they will be asking her to go and bring a man! will they ask a single man to go and bring a woman? when teh gender equality bill is passed people will be able to sue such landlords.

in many parts of Nigeria parents will still choose to send the son to school first over the daughter simply because shes a girl?

There are so many instances where women are discriminated against based on gender

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Beremx(f): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
lmaooo.. so olori that was a "nobody" this time last year suddenly is more lofty than a veteran that has paid her dues in her profession because she has a differing opinion? Nigerians ehen.. too funny
can you imagine?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
icedstone:
what else do u expect from a career woman... for the records women are never equal to men. once u understand that as a woman your relationship with men will be better and your marriage will be successful.
So the millions of women who get beaten by their drunk husbands, forced to engage in sexual intercourse with unfaithful husbands have successful marriages. I carry yansh for you. Itz a pity, Nigerians have deluded themselves into believing that the more inferior the woman, the better the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijamakossa:
I know you will quote me,because you don't respect

keep forming whatever u are forming now but jus knw that there is time for everything

time to marry and time to form a hardcore feminist
my piece of advice.
and also don't ever play this shiiit with the man u gonna marry because we have many undertaker ladies who don't give a f uuck to all this u are claiming

Now you are claiming I'm disrespectful whiled you disrespectfully insinuated I'm not a true Christian?

Hahahaha, you're funny, because I'm a woman I'm spos to just take your insults like a "submissive woman" abi?

Just carry ur wahala dey go.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
bluestone2015:
All my life, I had always been privileged to be ahead of men of my age.

In the University, I had lots of men asking to sit with me to copy my answers.

At Work, I often have lots of men as subordinates.

In life generally, most of my male friends and colleagues come to me for investment advice because they are impressed with my performance.

I am trying to understand the issue of gender equality because it seems that I am superior to a lot of men of my age. I rather think the men are trying to catch up with me.

From my experience, I concluded that the most intelligent remains the most superior.

So fellow women. Try to enhance yourselves and strive for the best. Remain at the top of anything you are doing. You will see that people will give you a lot of respect. Males and females alike.

I am writing from experience.
your arrogance is breath-taking. how does the air feel up there where you reside ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by cstr9: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
The so called olori must be very dumb who will probably give birth to dumb children as successors to the throne.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
one thing that is clear from the comments here is that the Nigerian educational system is very lacking angry if so called educated women and men don't even know what gender equality is about how do we then want to explain to the villagers.

Black people try and read and educate yourself before commenting on an issue. The Olori should have done that and she would have realized no one is talking about her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Excellentmind:

Just look up for the meaning of the word slave, then we will take up from there.
The women who get beaten because the food is not ready on time, the ones who must be ready to have sex with their husbands irrespective of their conditions... How are they not slaves??
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

I think the main issue lies in the meaning of "gender equality" and
the dictionary meaning isn't worth the salt.

Equal opportunity and equal rights is universally accepted(at least in
civilised non-theocratic countries) and is being promoted. So any discrimination
in social , legal or career circle based on gender is immoral and totally wrong.

What usually cause disagreements is the home front especially husband
and wife relationship. I admit that there are many backward culture which
restricts and even dehumanise women in certain situations but they are the
exceptions not the rule.

Gender equality as being promoted by feminists is equal(even superior in some cases) role for husband and wife
in the family for example if the wife washes plates in the morning , the husband must
cook in the evening so as not to violates their right. If any woman wants such , it is better she marries a husband
who have the same understanding as herself.

Marriage is a choice not a right as you cannot force someone into a union they don't want.

If someone hates cigarettes, he/she have no business marrying a smoker only to cry
foul that their right is being trampled on.
This is not about the home front I am sorry. The Gender Equality bill is not about the home front.THAT is what we are talking about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian & Pete Davidson End Relationship After Nine Months / Olajumoke Orisaguna In South Africa, On Her First International Trip (Photos) / Whitemoney Prank: EKSU Students Pranked By Bbnaija Winner Lookalike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.