Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. (14442 Views)

6 Ways Excessive Use Of Smartphones Can Kill Us / 6 Symptoms Of Android Infection / Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by abdeiz(m): 5:16am On Jun 19, 2016
My dear fellow nairalanders I hail una. Dont you all think that android phones are too over glorified here on nairaland, I mean we can't possibly use all the advertised phones even if we can buy them. A few months ago it was tecno W4, boom J8 and L8 that was in vogue now its C9 next month what would the next phone to be over glorified ehn undecided. Its becoming too much, these guys sell phones to us that have very little difference to their other models and keep on releasing more in the future.
Most surprising thing is that these phones aren't made to last, they are made to become obsolete within a short period of time yet we gulp up everything they five us to consume and still that wouldn't be enough to satiate our appetite.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by ikbnice(m): 5:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Nigerians are voracious consumers. We are insatiable. The companies who produce these phones know that we love flashy things so they keep rolling them out and we keep buying. Most of these phones are mere wasteful spending. I have a friend who has Blackberry z10, Samsung galaxy s5, Gionee m5 and three 15000 mAh power banks. He is now clamouring for Cannon c9 again. On top wetin! Just to look like a big boy.
Politicians are not the only ones mismanaging funds, some of us are guilty too.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Tunechi1(m): 5:46am On Jun 19, 2016
I must belong attitude

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Breadmaker: 5:58am On Jun 19, 2016
I don't blame the companies that produce useless phones, I blame the silly buyers.

12 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2016
shey na their fault,shebi na Nigerians wey like to dey show demselves say na dem sabi to buy latest fone dey cause am...even if d latest is jst a little improvement on d one they are using currently..

6 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by LieDetector(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2016
T

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by looseweight: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by edetcliff: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Pick what u want and leave the rest

8 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by NigerianSHA: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2016
When we talking Android you here mentioning Techno and Chinese low IEM Phones...Are you okay?

What about HTC, Samsung?

But it's bad marketing policies, releasing a phone every 6 months when the average cycle is 2-3 years with lots of phone updates in between

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Kennitrust(m): 6:27am On Jun 19, 2016
I bought my S3 since 2013 and I'm still using it today. so whatever ad come up about phone, I don't care not now that our economy is in shambles.

22 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by deeplow: 6:27am On Jun 19, 2016
How about you attack Tecno directly and their family friends (itel and the other over-chinko phones). They are the ones that have to release a new model every month like menses.

Samsung runs on android and they dont release new phones every other month.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by phransix147(m): 6:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Proudly #TEAMiPhone, andriod is still a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by eleojo23: 6:28am On Jun 19, 2016
As long as my current phone is in good working condition, if they like, they can release 10 new models within a month, I will not buy.
It simply doesn't make economic sense.

33 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by searchng4love: 6:29am On Jun 19, 2016
the Op is making sense.
HarkymTheOracle:
OP,if you want d android,come and collect it grin

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by DavidTheGeek: 6:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Well not really. That it is advertised does not mean you should buy it if you don't need it.

Happy Sunday guys. Use Thoughtsry to jot notes in church (Android users only)... http://www.getjar.com/categories/productivity-apps/more/Thoughtsry-874002

4 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Paramount01(m): 6:35am On Jun 19, 2016
K
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by ORACLE1975(m): 6:36am On Jun 19, 2016
Next
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by ameezy(m): 6:37am On Jun 19, 2016
angry Exactly what i was complaining about yesterday
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by yungryce: 6:40am On Jun 19, 2016
another tecno thread. i have never liked tecno, i will never like tecno. d moment i found out tecno is not african but built for africans. i knew it will always be trash. but we r our own nemesis. if after all d hype on c9 dey decide to release c10 tomorrow 20th, sm1 will b here on 21st doin hand on unboxing for us. we as a people never aspire for better things cuz all we hv ever known is dat quality has to b expensive. if instead of praising these phone makers, we start demanding more & more from them, then maybe dey will stop selling trash to people 50k. i rather buy a uk used fone 100 times b4 i waste my money like dat

4 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by talk2alabama: 6:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Phones are not investments... be wise

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2016
The target is the gullible ones,and not me.

Why buy same thing different names.

9 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by obinna2nv(m): 6:54am On Jun 19, 2016
Am still using Tecno M7 that I bought almost 3 years ago. And its still working beautifully for me. I don't know why the craze for newer phones, you'll never use them all, if you keep getting a new one every month, you're the loser and the real winners are the phone companies. Get your mind right.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Tberry01(f): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2016
cool
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by truthalways(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2016
The painful thing is that most of them don't do trade-in

Where you bring an old model of a phone, add money and get a new one

8 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Abeyjide: 6:57am On Jun 19, 2016
You 've said it all.I bought my nokia E5 in 2011 and still using it till dis year May 2016 with the follow come battery intact. what made me bought the samsung j5 was because my office and personal mail wasn't dropping again since Microsoft took over nokia.if not I would have stayed glued to my nokia. the nokia phone is still new ,never Chang the case and ba3

16 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Judeoxide(m): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2016
IThank you very much Op...
I made this similar comment on the c9 topic and almost got roasted...

People see tecno as the phone Messiah..but they are silently wreking them with there inferior rubish and non lasting phone... There UI are all the same... They just add eye scan and one usless speaker that's all and my funny people are all hailing them... Just check the useless speck abeg... At this jet age when even gionee now have phones that counter Samsung and Sony tecno is still releasing... Outdated. Product...

Its not even cheap..
I know those I bought my phone with them but none are using there's now even those that bought this year... I bought mine since 2014 and uptill now no tecno phone can beat it... I love gionee.. Best MTK phone as far as am concern..
Xperia Z2 rocks... Hoping one day for Z5... And that will last me like 4 to 5 years before considering another...

They say Sony is expensive.. Ok let's look at it.
Z2 95k.. And Tecno R7 45k that was there highest phone then.. And it is now useless no second hand value... Spoils in water and have no spare part... You sell and get another one phantom z.. Another expensive rubbish... Am still using the Sony ohh..they changed like 6 phones since 2014 and yet none can stand the Z2... And its now totaling almost 200k... And you say Sony is expensive... Uptill now even after 2years... People still price it for 60 to 70k...

And pls op.. They are not talking about android but tecno.. Its two different thing...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Akjr(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Abeyjide:
You 've said it all.I bought my nokia E5 in 2011 and still using it till dis year may with the follow come battery intact. what made me bought the samsung j5 was because my office and personal mail wasn't dropping again since Microsoft took over nokia.if not I will still stay glued to my nokia. the nokia phone is still new ,never Chang the case and ba3
oboi u can murder som1 o. 2011-16 mehnn, dats a commit

6 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by RZArecta(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2016
OS wise, Apple and Windows 10 are even better than Android. Even blackberry 10 is better

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by MrErudite(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2016
I only blame some stupid Nigerians not D foolish company dat produce dump Phones every month....... cry
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by chimajii: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Review And Unboxing Of Zealot 'Sparkle' B570 Headphones / NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook / How To Increase Android Phones RAM Up To 4gig(UPDATED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.