Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. (14451 Views)

6 Ways Excessive Use Of Smartphones Can Kill Us / 6 Symptoms Of Android Infection / Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by oodua1stson: 7:17am On Jun 19, 2016
ikbnice:
Nigerians are voracious consumers. We are insatiable. The companies who produce these phones know that we love flashy things so they keep rolling them out and we keep buying. Most of these phones are mere wasteful spending. I have a friend who has Blackberry z10, Samsung galaxy s5, Gionee m5 and three 15000 mAh power banks. He is now clamouring for Cannon c9 again. On top wetin! Just to look like a big boy.
Politicians are not the only ones mismanaging funds, some of us are guilty too.
if your doesn't steal to buy his phones then 500x better than any politician alive
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by dprince042(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Android is the popular choice of the phone users grin grin[/size]
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by macaranta(m): 7:36am On Jun 19, 2016
I'd people don't buy ,they won't produce

Visit [url]macaranta.com[/url] for E-Learning.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by kunlesufyan(m): 7:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Its because of this reason that target africans, and mostly Nigerians....I'm pretty sure if a survey was carried out,Nigerians will carry first in the aspect of buying phones
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Weezyclan(m): 7:39am On Jun 19, 2016
okay oh
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by menxer: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2016
OP na wa

You are generalizing because Android is an os, and from the comments so far, it's Tecno phones that are getting the knocks.

I have not read where Sony, Samsung, LG, or other big names are over rated.

Besides, my trusty BlackBerry Z10 is still very much in active service 3 years and counting.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Aniwhyte(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Abeyjide:
You 've said it all.I bought my nokia E5 in 2011 and still using it till dis year May 2016 with the follow come battery intact. what made me bought the samsung j5 was because my office and personal mail wasn't dropping again since Microsoft took over nokia.if not I will still stay glued to my nokia. the nokia phone is still new ,never Chang the case and ba3
Gbammmmmmmmmmmm
999,000,000,000,000 likes for you
I bought my Nokia E5 in March 2012 and am still using it till date with the follow come battery, although all my frnds are using android but i never envy them one day. Nothing in this life will ever make me sell it, and i mean nothin. Never.

3 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by shadeyinka(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Is their an all-round phone?
They are all designed with an expiry date..except the Nokia3310 brands tongue
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by seunt4ut(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Yeah Nigerians love to be seen with flashy things. I've never owned more than one mobile phone in my life. I use iPhone and I don't change for newer model until the one am using is dead and can't be revived.however, I can afford to own more than a pair but it's off no use to me. If you know how to use smart phone very well you can get almost everything done on just one phone.

5 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by kelvyn7: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2016
Abeyjide:
You 've said it all.I bought my nokia E5 in 2011 and still using it till dis year May 2016 with the follow come battery intact. what made me bought the samsung j5 was because my office and personal mail wasn't dropping again since Microsoft took over nokia.if not I will still stay glued to my nokia. the nokia phone is still new ,never Chang the case and ba3

that j5 sef na very good phone. it will last u wella

3 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by aiyzikilomz: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2016
My friend go and sit down... how will u knw d differences when you use chinko phones that last 1 year for years... imagine boom, w4..very funny names...phone is as local as dat nigerian artiste called w4. Use the big budget android phones like samsung for the big boys (The Galaxy NOTE series). My frnd stp callin dise chinko phones android... i call dem chinese android replicas (CAR)..Plus sharap with your illegitimate broke ass! grin

3 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Horlufemi(m): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2016
If you are not a tech person I don't see reason for buying a big phone.

I'll rather buy UK used Note 3 or 4 phone than buy a tecno infinix. if I don't have the money I'll look for an Mtk device with 2gb ram and be ok.

You can save for the better option later.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by aiyzikilomz: 7:56am On Jun 19, 2016
menxer:
OP na wa

You are generalizing because Android is an os, and from the comments so far, it's Tecno phones that are getting the knocks.

I have not read where Sony, Samsung, LG, or other big names are over rated.

Besides, my trusty BlackBerry Z10 is still very much in active service 3 years and counting.

Tell the local man o

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by bodmas119(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
MrErudite:
I only blame some stupid Nigerians not D foolish company dat produce dump Phones every month....... cry
, I guess ur phone must b Nokia 5510 wit d way u're sounding
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Osemond123(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Am telling you, very painfull my case is even they worst when samsung S4 came out newly i got mine for 95k and without using it up to 1year self sold it out. And i but a samsung E5 April last year still rocking it till next year, the way samsung released phones this time around. A series, E series S series J series all with the same features. You even see J7 2016 style with the same features with the normal J7.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by joey150(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Nawa oh! They advertise phones and did not force you to buy.country of over 180 million people.. You are sure to always find some in need of the phone.

Apple and Samsung and lg..release almost 4 different phone versions every year.
You all just want to pick on local companies.

Baseless accusation if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Abeyjide: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2016
kelvyn7:

that j5 sef na very good phone. it will last u wella
thanks
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by waley007(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
I don't know why people clamour for techno and infinix phones,I have been using my Motorola driod ultra and I must say that's the best phone anyone can go for...switching to Motorola turbo soon,what else would you want in a phone that this phone doesn't have
Slimmest phone ever

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by mrMeen(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Aniwhyte:

Gbammmmmmmmmmmm
999,000,000,000,000 likes for you
I bought my Nokia E5 in March 2012 and am still using it till date with the follow come battery, although all my frnds are using android but i never envy them one day. Nothing in this life will ever make me sell it, and i mean nothin. Never.
multiplied likes for you ma bro i have a nokia x2-02 since its debut and i have never let go of it since then it has a long lasting battery and saves data too ican write on and on about this phone really.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by touchplay(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2016
my Q10 rocks......fvck android !
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by jboixxx: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2016
I've got a friend who was ridiculed by his colleagues for still using a Nokia XpressMusic as backup phone! Was like, what d heck! The phone is still intact and d guy has Huawei P8 (UK used) as main device. No be by carelessly wasting resources abeg.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Chrisx1x(m): 9:32am On Jun 19, 2016
Have been using my nokia C1 since God knows when.infact,na person use d phone dash my sister,she come dash me,the phone no gree spoil.i changed almost everything changeable yet the phone no one gree leave me....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by ilyas26(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2016
deeplow:
How about you attack Tecno directly and their family friends (itel and the other over-chinko phones). They are the ones that have to release a new model every month like menses.

Samsung runs on android and they dont release new phones every other month.
Guy you are something else lol, must you compare it to menses?
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by HyDef(m): 9:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Judeoxide:
IThank you very much Op...
I made this similar comment on the c9 topic and almost got roasted...

People see tecno as the phone Messiah..but they are silently wreking them with there inferior rubish and non lasting phone... There UI are all the same... They just add eye scan and one usless speaker that's all and my funny people are all hailing them... Just check the useless speck abeg... At this jet age when even gionee now have phones that counter Samsung and Sony tecno is still releasing... Outdated. Product...

Its not even cheap..
I know those I bought my phone with them but none are using there's now even those that bought this year... I bought mine since 2014 and uptill now no tecno phone can beat it... I love gionee.. Best MTK phone as far as am concern..
Xperia Z2 rocks... Hoping one day for Z5... And that will last me like 4 to 5 years before considering another...

They say Sony is expensive.. Ok let's look at it.
Z2 95k.. And Tecno R7 45k that was there highest phone then.. And it is now useless no second hand value... Spoils in water and have no spare part... You sell and get another one phantom z.. Another expensive rubbish... Am still using the Sony ohh..they changed like 6 phones since 2014 and yet none can stand the Z2... And its now totaling almost 200k... And you say Sony is expensive... Uptill now even after 2years... People still price it for 60 to 70k...

And pls op.. That are not talking about android but tecno.. Its two different thing...

Thank you my brother. You have spoken the truth.

I didn't eventually get a Z series. I wanted each Z as the next came out cuz I loved Sony's devices. I had a Tecno S5 until the Xperia Z5 came out. The Tecno did well, but 512mb of ram made me replace the phone after 2 years. That wasn't fun. Now the Zs are dead, and Sony is in with the X.

I have a Gionee M5, and I agree with you. Best MTK phone. I mean, they were at MWC this year. They are no longer comparable to Tecno. They don't re-release the same devices with different names and low-range internals. I love this phone and it's gonna last longer than 2 years. Great device.

Tecno shills should chill. We aren't gonna ALL buy the C9.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Unfortunately you have fallen into the rabbit hole that gets deeper and deeper and deeper.

You gave the marketers work buy buying version 2 of the product.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by MrErudite(m): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2016
bodmas119:
, I guess ur phone must b Nokia 5510 wit d way u're sounding

Lolzzz bro am using wiko slide 2
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2016
I have been using my Tecno M5 for close to three years and I'm still enjoying it and see no need of changing it. I am even thinking of getting another M5 should this one eventually fail.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Elxandre(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Its because of this reason that target africans, and mostly Nigerians....I'm pretty sure if a survey was carried out,Nigerians will carry first in the aspect of buying phones
Lol.
Nigerians don't buy phones actually, as they are generally broke. Go check statistics.

Go to Western countries and see people camp and queue for several days just to get the latest iPhone.

There is something called variety, and that is what Tecno and the likes give you on a budget.

Isn't the Camon C8 about a year old already, so why this thread?
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Elxandre(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Lol.
Nigerians don't buy phones actually, as they are generally broke. Go check statistics.

Go to Western countries and see people camp and queue for several days just to get the latest iPhone.

There is something called variety, and that is what Tecno and the likes give you on a budget.

It also depends on what you do with your phone.
If your usage is just checking Nairaland on opera mini, then 512mb ram might be enough, but for those who do any more tasking job on them, then an upgrade to 2gb ram is inevitable.

Isn't the Camon C8 about a year old already sef, so why this thread?
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Handsomecole(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2016
Bought my BBQ10 and still rocking it since 2014.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Ayomideen(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2016
some people and d way dey buy phones sef...na tru say everybody wan upgrade Buh dah doesn't mean u have to keep changing fones likes under wears..especially now dah boys aren't smiling

Still rocking my Gionee P2S since last yr April and notin do am..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook / Opsson D1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.