Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. (14452 Views)

6 Ways Excessive Use Of Smartphones Can Kill Us / 6 Symptoms Of Android Infection / Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by kunlesufyan(m): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Elxandre:

Lol.
Nigerians don't buy phones actually, as they are generally broke. Go check statistics.

Go to Western countries and see people camp and queue for several days just to get the latest iPhone.

There is something called variety, and that is what Tecno and the likes give you on a budget.

It also depends on what you do with your phone.
If your usage is just checking Nairaland on opera mini, then 512mb ram might be enough, but for those who do any more tasking job on them, then an upgrade to 2gb ram is inevitable.

Isn't the Camon C8 about a year old already sef, so why this thread?
That's TRUE ....its just funny how people would queue for days trying to buy a new iphone...something that will still flood the market...this guys are meant to beg us to buy ...yet with money at hand,they still queue to buy those products
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by BNLR(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Till today Many Nigerian don't really know what they want from Mobile device. I bought my Nokia X2 in April 2011 and still using it very intact. It was the time when whatsapp just introduced and make blackberry user cool down. I was attracted to the phone with a wonderful application, the screen that is comparable to the bb then and the live chat plus amazing picture editor which i don't think i can find anywhere again. Till today, i am still enjoying the phone because of not been intimidated by trending BB palava then. "when last did you hear someone boasting of BB Pin again" whatsapp has taken over.

Anyway, i have been thinking of buying another quality phone with a good camera, picture editor and durability.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by iamtewwy(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
obinna2nv:
Am still using Tecno M7 that I bought almost 3 years ago. And its still working beautifully for me. I don't know why the craze for newer phones, you'll never use them all, if you keep getting a new one every month, you're the loser and the real winners are the phone companies. Get your mind right.

Tecno m7 is a durable fone..i used it.but oboy u need a new phone honestly..dat device charge really slow..i remember charging it fr 8-10hrs just a 2000mah oo pls no dey decieve ursef..u need a new fone with fast charging feature..these new tecno/infinix got them go grab one tnx
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Android phones are flooding the market but let's face it it's because it's really used friendly and much more easier for app creation without breaking the bank.

Our people invested in these products to sell let's not knock their hustle

You buy an iPhone they will target you and steal it from you not knowing how hard you worked for it.

I'm back to Samsung now J5 it's a sweet phone and my battery life is great too never letting this one out of my sight
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by OmoManU: 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
ikbnice:
Nigerians are voracious consumers. We are insatiable. The companies who produce these phones know that we love flashy things so they keep rolling them out and we keep buying. Most of these phones are mere wasteful spending. I have a friend who has Blackberry z10, Samsung galaxy s5, Gionee m5 and three 15000 mAh power banks. He is now clamouring for Cannon c9 again. On top wetin! Just to look like a big boy.
Politicians are not the only ones mismanaging funds, some of us are guilty too.

i love the above quoted "just to look like big boy". that is what is killing many of us, both guys and girls and what ultimately wrecks the lives of many in d end, i will neva join d band-wagon, Never!!
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by martineverest(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Elxandre:

Lol.
Nigerians don't buy phones actually, as they are generally broke. Go check statistics.

Go to Western countries and see people camp and queue for several days just to get the latest iPhone.

There is something called variety, and that is what Tecno and the likes give you on a budget.

It also depends on what you do with your phone.
If your usage is just checking Nairaland on opera mini, then 512mb ram might be enough, but for those who do any more tasking job on them, then an upgrade to 2gb ram is inevitable.

Isn't the Camon C8 about a year old already sef, so why this thread?
pls,remove westerners and replace it with 'oriental'(chinese);americans and europeans no longer cue to buy iphones.only chinese do

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Elxandre(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
martineverest:
pls,remove westerners and replace it with 'oriental'(chinese);americans and europeans no longer cue to buy iphones.only chinese do
Hehe
Bros are you sure?

Happy Sunday smiley
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Elxandre(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
BNLR:
Till today Many Nigerian don't really know what they want from Mobile device. I bought my Nokia X2 in April 2011 and still using it very intact. It was the time when whatsapp just introduced and make blackberry user cool down. I was attracted to the phone with a wonderful application, the screen that is comparable to the bb then and the live chat plus amazing picture editor which i don't think i can find anywhere again. Till today, i am still enjoying the phone because of not been intimidated by trending BB palava then. "when last did you hear someone boasting of BB Pin again" whatsapp has taken over.

Anyway, i have been thinking of buying another quality phone with a good camera, picture editor and durability.

Bros you are a funny man o grin

There are better picture editors everywhere Na.
Which camera x2 even get sef wey you dey edit... cheesy
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by buchisom1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pple jus come here and type rubbish ...u no lik tecno fone is nobdy business why spoil pple mind bcoz u don't lik smtin so evry nigeria will join u in ya hate abi...see. Dis life we live is create by God and he made it so swt by givin us chioce to choose...me choose to by c9 coz I ve d money and is my choice u choose to dead with ua old fone ya choice ...wat u pple don't knw is dis life keep movin u ve to move with it ....pls let us learn to mind our own business and always knw dat der is smtin callled choice....
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by martineverest(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Elxandre:

Hehe
Bros are you sure?

Happy Sunday smiley
absolutely sure.....iphone sales has fallen generally...the fuss and brouhaha is dieing gradually
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by buchisom1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pple jus come here and type rubbish ...u no lik tecno fone is nobdy business why spoil pple mind bcoz u don't lik smtin so evry nigeria will join u in ya hate abi...see. Dis life we live is create by God and he made it so swt by givin us chioce to choose...me choose to by c9 coz I ve d money and is my choice u choose to dead with ua old fone ya choice ...wat u pple don't knw is dis life keep movin u ve to move with it ....pls let us learn to mind our own business and always knw dat der is smtin callled choice....and bfor I forget samsung tecno and co alll na asian country pple get am so mak una dey tink well
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by wilsonboy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
That is why we nigerians can't go beyond the level we're into now...they keep producing rubbish and we're buying it
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Judeoxide(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
HyDef:

Thank you my brother. You have spoken the truth.

I didn't eventually get a Z series. I wanted each Z as the next came out cuz I loved Sony's devices. I had a Tecno S5 until the Xperia Z5 came out. The Tecno did well, but 512mb of ram made me replace the phone after 2 years. That wasn't fun. Now the Zs are dead, and Sony is in with the X.

I have a Gionee M5, and I agree with you. Best MTK phone. I mean, they were at MWC this year. They are no longer comparable to Tecno. They don't re-release the same devices with different names and low-range internals. I love this phone and it's gonna last longer than 2 years. Great device.

Tecno shills should chill. We aren't gonna ALL buy the C9.
you soo on point...

1 Like

Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Judeoxide(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
RZArecta:
OS wise, Apple and Windows 10 are even better than Android. Even blackberry 10 is better
I deal on phone and computer softwares... I fix had and soft were... And I can categorically say that you have no idea about OS...

You failed when you mention windows... The worst bb10... Haba bross...just help me name one thing outstanding about iPhone apart from its price
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by brojoshua: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yes wicked and insatiable people are swayed around by their lusts as Adam in Eden, looking around for new, good, better and uncommon fruit and eventually he ate the one that would kill him and his family and worse he gave to all his family members.
But me and you let us live simply and ordinary life even if we have plenty of things, let us not misuse anything but give to others who are seriously in need
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by obinna2nv(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
iamtewwy:

Tecno m7 is a durable fone..i used it.but oboy u need a new phone honestly..dat device charge really slow..i remember charging it fr 8-10hrs just a 2000mah oo pls no dey decieve ursef..u need a new fone with fast charging feature..these new tecno/infinix got them go grab one tnx

hahaha. Am not in a hurry for a new phone sha, i will do that eventually. My phone doesn't really take that long to charge. Something must've been fundamentally wrong with your battery.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by BNLR(m): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pls can somebody tell me why i won't regret buying Itel Tablet.

Check it's features and was impressed with only the camera at that price. Is there any other thing i need to know about this Tablet and the current price.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by oluwaskulboy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by oluwaskulboy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by kowalsky: 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
RZArecta:
OS wise, Apple and Windows 10 are even better than Android. Even blackberry 10 is better

shsssh.
adults are talking angry
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Mlk441: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
That is the reason why i will always go for iphone any time any day. Latest apple inventions are featured acrossed all their devices with lastest OS version. For inatance, iphone 5 released 2012 is still supported by the lastest IOS 10 just like iphone 6 variants: So there will be no tangible reason to be changing iphone at all times. But in the case of android, devices released 2015 are finding it difficult to get the lastest android OS.
Re: Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. by Norman4real(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
My main problem is when manufacturers make us buy phones with excessive features, like 6GB ram, 4K resolutions, 10-core processors... Like come on, is this a phone or a laptop...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook / Opsson D1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.