Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It (697 Views)

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / Long, Brown Snake Crept Out Of Lady Car's While She Was Driving / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It by systematica(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Please I need convincing answers on this issue of accelerating a car in the name of warming it in the morning. Note the car is stationary. Someone advice driving the car a short distance instead of firing the engine.
Re: Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It by shyling(f): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2016
You mean revv No. It's not advisable.
Re: Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2016
systematica:
Please I need convincing answers on this issue of accelerating a car in the name of warming it in the morning. Note the car is stationary. Someone advice driving the car a short distance instead of firing the engine.

there's no need to even warm it grin, start and drive off, keep under 3rpm till temp gets to near half mark.

Fuel is 145per liter.

9 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Protect Your Car 24/7 With Ease / Urgently In Need Of A Toyota Camry / Mini Unveils Its First Hybrid Vehicle For Sale In US March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.