Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme (20874 Views)

Apply For Job Application For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XX / Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free / Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Aderupoko2: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Great to see
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by berryBee(f): 7:44am On Jun 20, 2016
They don't pay, but they train u for free..and its not scam..if u hv d zeal to b a programmer apply

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Geist(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2016
smog1:

Someone said its nothing but a scam. Pls did you noticed any sign of such?
be assured. Nothing about Andela is scam.

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Gerrard59(m): 7:47am On Jun 20, 2016
Andela that Zuckerberg invested in is a scam? Andela that links the best and brightest to top software and engineering firms is a scam? undecided

Furthermore, why do Nigerians BELIEVE an intern MUST be paid? Even when there're other benefits e.g food grin.
You're given an opportunity to work among the best in the industry and the leverage to apply for lucrative programming jobs home and abroad.

We(Nigerians) lack a volunteering culture(at least in jobs).

2 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tgmservice: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
dhtml18:
I am applying right way, thank you mister OP!

Say what? I withdraw my application sharperly

Just for this alone, I am re-applying
i heard u are an expert programmer why do u need andela
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by cruz419(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
What if u don't reside in lagos
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tgmservice: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2016
last year they said they pay their andela fellows why is it now free
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by molydonhenry(m): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2016
cruz419:
What if u don't reside in lagos
Exactly, coz i live in the far end of ND
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2016
As long as I would have love to apply but accommodation is serving as an hindrance.

How I wish they could provide accommodation for people that are coming from places that are far from Lagos
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by miketayo(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2016
bikerboy1:

Is the job meant for engineers alone?

You just have to be a really good programmer to join
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by izzou(m): 8:18am On Jun 20, 2016
I just applied.
Otito dili Jesu
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by izzou(m): 8:18am On Jun 20, 2016
I just applied.
Otito dili Jesu
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by ernie1234(m): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2016
miketayo:

You just have to be a really good programmer to join
So as an Accountant, I cannot join abi?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Ablitmuspaper(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2016
izzou:
I just applied.

Otito dili Jesu
na ndu ebebe nwanne m....hw did u attach ur cv undecided
izzou:
I just applied.

Otito dili Jesu
na ndu ebebe nwanne m....hw did u attach ur cv
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by miketayo(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
smog1:

It is not a scam but make sure u r a good programmer before u join, don't expect to be trained. It's actually fun working with them

2 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Ablitmuspaper(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2016
Hw do I attach ma cv undecidedHw do I attach ma cv
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by miketayo(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2016
ernie1234:

So as an Accountant, I cannot join abi?

Can u code?

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by izzou(m): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Ablitmuspaper:
na ndu ebebe nwanne m....hw did u attach ur cv undecidedna ndu ebebe nwanne m....hw did u attach ur cv

I went to the folder where it was saved and attached it
If you have it in your dropbox,its easier
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nafizzey(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

You tried sending a message.
Yes Sir, how do I contact you privately? I want to ask some personal questions. Here's my mail
nafizzey5151@yahoo.com
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nafizzey(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Neyoor:
As long as I would have love to apply but accommodation is serving as an hindrance.

How I wish they could provide accommodation for people that are coming from places that are far from Lagos
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by MrHackmed1(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2016
1Dray:
All I can tell you is... I've been there, Andela is just a scam.

smog1:

You have to start taking decision by yourself and don't let anyone fail you. The name Zukerberg is not new to anyone and reading about him funding this project alone should give you an inkling to what you are into. Furthermore, you have internet at your finger tips, why not do research on your own other than just following a comment. Well, I have a friend we both schooled in Unimaid, he graduated with 1st Class Chemical Engineering Department,he applied last year, check out his facebook timeline yourself [url=www.fb.com/olajydemichael]here[/ur], he's presently in the San Francisco among the engineers they took there for training. So start changing your scam conception about everything you read online.

5 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2016
1Dray:
All I can tell you is... I've been there, Andela is just a scam.

This info is incomplete, elucidate it further,,,,,
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by hollowpot15684(m): 10:08am On Jun 20, 2016
tbaba1234:
Andela Internship Programme

Type: Internship Programme

Experience: None or Junior

About Andela:

Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.

At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.

We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.

Key Responsibilities

As an intern in Andela, you will be required to:

Work alongside team members on assigned projects.
Become the CEO of your work, project and/or tasks.
Document, collect and consolidate qualitative and quantitative data.
Suggest process improvements within the teams you’re assigned to.
Specific duties may vary depending on which department you are assigned to support.

You are a great fit for this programme if you:

Are a creative thinker with good problem solving skills
Have great attention to detail
Are an aggressive self-learner
Can demonstrate a keen interest in the activities and mandate of the department you are applying to.
Are a strong team player who works well with others
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable with adjusting to changing demands and requirements
Ability to use (or learn to use) Google Apps and Microsoft Office products.
Maintain the highest standards for yourself and those around you
Are an unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative, capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience, and prioritization
You would be able to choose your preferred department in the application form, as well as your preferred duration for the internship (3 or 6 months).

Benefits and Compensation

Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-rich working environment
Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/68227#.V2ZAL1dZGlL

CC: Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Please make this information available to interested parties

Do you know anything about its non internship programme Currently running.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by delors(m): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
tbaba1234:
Andela Internship Programme

Type: Internship Programme

Experience: None or Junior

About Andela:

Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.

At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.

We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.

Key Responsibilities

As an intern in Andela, you will be required to:

Work alongside team members on assigned projects.
Become the CEO of your work, project and/or tasks.
Document, collect and consolidate qualitative and quantitative data.
Suggest process improvements within the teams you’re assigned to.
Specific duties may vary depending on which department you are assigned to support.

You are a great fit for this programme if you:

Are a creative thinker with good problem solving skills
Have great attention to detail
Are an aggressive self-learner
Can demonstrate a keen interest in the activities and mandate of the department you are applying to.
Are a strong team player who works well with others
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable with adjusting to changing demands and requirements
Ability to use (or learn to use) Google Apps and Microsoft Office products.
Maintain the highest standards for yourself and those around you
Are an unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative, capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience, and prioritization
You would be able to choose your preferred department in the application form, as well as your preferred duration for the internship (3 or 6 months).

Benefits and Compensation

Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-rich working environment
Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/68227#.V2ZAL1dZGlL

CC: Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Please make this information available to interested parties
Anyone with the opportunity to do an internship with Andela is surely on the path to success. I have not worked at Andela before but I ll tell u what I know about the firm, it's culture, the opportunities and the founder.

Th founder is a young energetic friendly dude . Met him in Waterloo at a start up hub some years back. Very popular and likable guy with several sponsors trying to get on some of his projects. This guy is well trained in the Canadian system - culture and education.

You see that last paragraph in the ad:

ad:
is a typical Canadian mode of employment. Employment simply based off merit. No judgement, no condemnation, no hassles. They like u, they employ you. One-eye? No qualms. Gay? ba wahala. One leg no ear? You are welcome. No one cares about your age, colour, race, etc irrelevant.

You see that part of free light breakfast etc? That's how we roll. Easy life. Do your thing.

And for those asking about "how much u go pay?" Ignorance and malnourished brain. Lol.

Gist for you:
Studying in Canada for masters years back, I needed an internship for a term. Met a guy on LinkedIn whose post I used to follow and dropped comments on. He had a media start up firm in Waterloo. We chatted and chatted. Told him I needed an internship placement. I was interviewed. I was employed (this is d building where I met the Andela guy). Pay was so small I didn't care a shoot! What happened? Opportunities. Opportunities. And more opportunities. Founders of KIK, and several Google app, play store app, etc worked in this hub. Whatsapp Founders, LinkedIn guys, etc etc all visit this building. They know this Andela guy. He's a smart relationship builder and manager. These visitors have chats with people mostly intern students. PMs of countries visit this hub...it is the second version of the American Silicon Valley. Google is in this building. Met a visiting American who was among d administrators of Lagos Business school in Nigeria. Met another white TV business mogul who created several contents do Silver bird TV in Nigeria, etc. Opportunities! With that experience, my next internship? Straight into the government! Gbam!

So, IMO, this opportunity is for the open minded, the risk takers, the young at heart, the smart, the intelligent, and - for everyone. Check it out.

FYI, this is no paid advert o, the guy in question does not even know my NL moniker...and may possibly not recognise me again in real life. lol

3 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by mikolo80: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
smog1:

they want to steal your best brais so you remain redundant as a nation
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by delors(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
mikolo80:
they want to steal your best brais so you remain redundant as a nation
Lol...the guy who owns this is one of the best brains around...ask around. Stealing your best brains indeed. Lol
Smh.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by delors(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrHackmed1:

You have to start taking decision by yourself and don't let anyone fail you. The name Zukerberg is not new to anyone and reading about him funding this project alone should give you an inkling to what you are into. Furthermore, you have internet at your finger tips, why not do research on your own other than just following a comment. Well, I have a friend we both schooled in Unimaid, he graduated with 1st Class Chemical Engineering Department,he applied last year, check out his facebook timeline yourself [url=www.fb.com/olajydemichael]here[/ur], he's presently in the San Francisco among the engineers they took there for training. So start changing your scam conception about everything you read online.
Thanks guy. We need mor minds li yours to help re-create the mindset of most of these guys. I just mentioned The Silicon Valley in SF in my comment because I did a jurisdictional scan of Sillicon Valley and The Velocity Garage/Hub in one of my media activities some years back.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by mikolo80: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
delors:

Lol...the guy who owns this is one of the best brains around...ask around. Stealing your best brains indeed. Lol
Smh.
na so dem talk say soyinka is the best(cultism)
na so dem talk say okonjo is the best(financial ruin)
na so dem talk say chimamanda is the best(attacks church religion and supports faggisism)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Biggest Mistakes 20-something Job Seekers Make - Forbes / Uma Ukpai Polytechnic Massive Job Recruitment 2017 (academic & Non-academic) / Updated List Of Fake Scam Job Interview Address In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.