Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Have We No Words For Police Brutality And Killings Of The Innocents? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have We No Words For Police Brutality And Killings Of The Innocents? (444 Views)

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have We No Words For Police Brutality And Killings Of The Innocents? by change49gerians: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Are we not humans? have we no conscience? does the blood of our brother mean nothing to us? are we going to sit and wait till we fall victims? it might not be you or your child, it might be your brother tomorrow or you father. We all reject it, though the killings of the innocent seem to continue. When the youth take up arms to defend themselves we get too quick to criticise them. Why do we act so nonchalant over the grief and pain of others? do we think we are safer when other die off? it all rotates, brothers. the way you pretend not to care about whatever pain others go through, so you will be served as at when due. unlawful killing of our youths should be publicly criticized and the perpetrators brought to book. Why do stories like this not make frontpage??
Read below for the report of an eye witness on Nairaland
[i]"Students of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic in Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria, on Sunday went on rampage after police reportedly fired both teargas and live bullets at the students, killing two and injuring 3 others. Ibironke Tolulope Ilosiwaju, a student of the school, who witnessed the incident posted the following on Facebook. “An accident occurred last night in my school Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo (RUGIPO). Police got involved, which led to 2 student’s death. “This morning, students went to police station peacefully with no arms. On getting there, the police turned the student to animal. They started shooting at us as if we are not human even MR RECTOR almost got shot in the process. Four students shot by the police, have already been hospitalized”[/i]https://www.nairaland.com/3175993/violence-rocks-rufus-giwa-polytechnic
Re: Have We No Words For Police Brutality And Killings Of The Innocents? by Rawblings(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
we live in a zoo bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phed Staff And Police Attached To Them Were Attacted In Bayelsa State / 3 Goat Thieves Arrested In Yenegoa (photo) / Crime Using Name An Eminent Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.