Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... (8844 Views)

With Coal, Nigeria Can Generate 17,500MW In 5 Years – Audu / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid / 1,500mw Lost To Pipeline Bombings —NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by arresa: 4:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant
By Jonathan Nda-Isaiah
— Jun 20, 2016 3:59 am | Leave a comment

The Global Energy giant, General Electric, has thrown its weight behind Bresson AS plans to provide 500megawatts of electricity to the national grid by next year.

The managing director of Gaspower Systems, Mr Mohammed Mijindadi who disclosed this over the weekend at Bresson AS working visit to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, added that the project has become a priority.

“The project has tremendous economic value, and that is why GE Capital is involved in structuring finances for Bresson 500mw project”, Mijindadi stated.

Bresson Nigeria Limited chairman, Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim had earlier assured the Vice President that the megawatts to be generated would come from Bresson Flexible Power Initiative and its Magboro power plant in Ogun state.

He said the capacity, which will be available in phase 1 from second quarter of 2017, would represent 10 per cent of the current available national capacity.

Olawepo-Hashim commended the administration for removing bottlenecks associated with signing of power purchase agreements, informing the Vice President that the minister of Power approved the agreements without delay and without waiting to be lobbied.

Describing the new style as commendable, Olawepo-Hashim noted that the new development will attract more investors and fast track the administration efforts to provide adequate power supply to the citizenry.

The vice president told the team of investors that the administration is committed to remove all bottlenecks hindering investor’s in the power sector, commending Bresson for the integrated nature of its power projects developing a model of fuel sufficiency by also investing in Gas Production.

While assuring that the administration is working to ensure regular supply of gas to the power plants and efforts are on to attract investment into this sector, he said Bresson integrated model in power generation is a good model. “We shall support you and other genuine investors with recognizable foot print’ he said.

Mr Peter Holasek, the High Commissioner of Slovakia, the country

http://leadership.ng/business/537900/global-energy-support-bressons-500mw-plant?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Nigerian On The Move......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Lordxeer(m): 4:38am On Jun 20, 2016
that's commitment.. Wow I'm FTC for the first time in a very long time. That's commitment on my own part too.

Back to the thread: Nigeria as a nation urgently need this kind of commitment (especially FDI) not only in the power sector but also in railway to remedy our dire transport lacks and agriculture too to substantially reduce our food import bill. Put all this together and if our government is proactive in making nigeria a top investment destination by regulating and of course reducing interest rate in nigeria. Bet me our country will witness development from all angle.
Sometime I wonder why the government won't just unbundle evrything for states and private sectors. The government has no business in doing business But then, what do I know?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by YoursGEJ(m): 5:21am On Jun 20, 2016
By the time Fashola is done with the power situation in this country ehn, he will run for president unopposed

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by modath(f): 5:46am On Jun 20, 2016
YoursGEJ:
By the time Fashola is done with the power situation in this country ehn, he will run for president unopposed

Bros, this is Nigeria where what works in other climes exacerbate problems here.

I had so much optimism when BRF came on board but the combined factor of Generator & PMS importers + other economic saboteurs + visionless enemies of the nation's progress have made me almost throw in the towel.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by maryjan8(f): 5:55am On Jun 20, 2016
This Is good
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by 989900: 6:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Olawepo-Hashim commended the administration for removing bottlenecks associated with signing of power purchase agreements, informing the Vice President that the minister of Power approved the agreements without delay and without waiting to be lobbied.

This is change.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by DaBullIT(m): 6:07am On Jun 20, 2016
If it's in Ogun, then clueless Niger Delta Trouble makers are at a loss

20 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by makingsense(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2016
Ogun State.. wow, rare news..

that's good

3 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Jakpon: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2016
The Chinese are also about to start the construction of two floating Gas Facility at Igbesa in Ogun state.

23 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Jakpon: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2016
We Igbos are the one that developed Ogun state

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by mondbest(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2016
Change taking effect and in a short while we will feel it.

Meanwhile,

I am so happy and proud of my self and I thought I should share it with you!!! Today I saw my self on TV, WHEN I SWITCHED IT OFF

13 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Abdullateeflawal(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2016
ok o
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2016
Werey wailing ipob be like

Another jona initiative grin

15 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by drey22(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2016
i came here to read comments and help sports lovers with free $6
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by kay29000(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2016
This calls for a celebration. Before the end of Fashola's 4 years as Minister of Power, I know we will see positive results in that sector. Good thing this is located in the west...the most peaceful region right now. We don't want any details caused by enemies of progress.

9 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by ifex370(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2016
Jakpon:

Abeggi... Igbos are too supercilious .. Always wanting to take credit at every slight opportunity

Before you say more than yourself.. Am an Igbo too

7 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Horlhaphemi: 8:38am On Jun 20, 2016
drey22:
i came here to read comments and help sports lovers with free $6
oyaaa a baba datch me
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by yasolan(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Its 500MW not 500mW
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Femich18(m): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2016
Goodnews though... I hope the power situation of the country improves if more hands comes in..500MW is a good way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by leighcon(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2016
yasolan:
Its 500MW not 500mW

It is "it's" not "its"

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by mccoy47(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2016
Nyc development
Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by neonet(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Fashola is going to do something great soon in this country.I can bet with anybody, I so much believe in that man.He is going to be our saviour soon!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by kooto(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2016
Jakpon:

What does these words intend to achieve?
The platform was conducive for you to trive that is a major reason you are there.
pls try and correct your way of reasoning, it will do you a whole lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by tbaba1234: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Another gas plant?

Unless, we can sufficiently build security over gas pipelines and improve capacity to deliver gas. We will still face problems.

4 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by comos: 8:58am On Jun 20, 2016
YoursGEJ:

How many mega -watt has fashola added since he came on board.

All these media propaganda he take to deceived Lagosian wan start again

1 Like

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by soulhighman(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2016
That's my state. And did I just read that the capacity will be available in phase from second quarter of 2017? To me, that is a fast one. I love that.

6 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by obailala(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2016
kooto:

What does these words intend to achieve?
The platform was conducive for you to trive that is a major reason you are there.
pls try and correct your way of reasoning, it will do you a whole lot of good.
ifex370:

Abeggi... Igbos are too supercilious .. Always wanting to take credit at every slight opportunity
Before you say more than yourself.. Am an Igbo too
The person you quoted is a troll just trying to ignite tribal bashings into the thread. He's most certainly not even Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by yasolan(m): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2016
leighcon:

It is "it's" not "its"

Lol

1 Like

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by Opiletool(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2016
mondbest:
Change taking effect and in a short while we will feel it.

Meanwhile,

I am so happy and proud of my self and I thought I should share it with you!!! Today I saw my self on TV, WHEN I SWITCHED IT OFF

congratulations! You're now a celebrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Global Energy To Support Bresson’s 500mw Plant In Ogun State... by drey22(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Horlhaphemi:
oyaaa a baba datch me
check my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC, Others Yet To Remit $22.06bn, N481.75bn To Federation Account / Lagos PDP Accuses Secondus Of Disobeying Court Order, Causing Crisis In Party / Wike: Rivers Not Fighting FG Over VAT Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.