Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) (41167 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) / "If you Attend Winners Chapel & You Are Poor"-See What This Girl Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by NEHLIVE: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2016
The pastor in charge of Bishop David Oyedepo's Winners' chapel church in Nairobi, Kenya Pastor Patrick Ngutu posted the photo of the owl lying lifeless with a number of people surrounding it, and said it was a second killed in the church’s compound.

He said the bird is a witch sent to haunt members of the church. However, his post has attracted massive criticism from a section of Kenyans who now want the man of God to be arrested by the Kenya Wildlife Service for killing an innocent bird.

Considered the biggest churche in Kenya, the 20,000 seaters capacity Winners Chapel is situated along Mombasa Road, less than a kilometre from the Nairobi National Park. Perhaps this explains why many who have seen the post feel that the bird just wandered to the church compound because of the proximity to its habitat.

Efforts by Ngutu to defend his post attracted even more criticism, with many telling him off and even referring to the church as just another cult.

Sample some of the comments:

Beppie Favour: Wambui what is this about, I dont see any witch but only an owl

Emmanuel Segun A’noukon: This is a bird, created by God, just like any other animal.

Tom Mboya Opiyo: Surely this is appalling!

Steve Mbogo: Brainwash of the highest level. Owl’s are just birds. Witches are actually to be found amongst you, the people killing innocent birds. Sad.

Victoria Odungo: Stop killing birds in the name of stupidity nkt!!!!!

Aroji Otieno: Excuse me! Is someone killing animals due to a superstition. Is KWS aware of this?

Mercy Shay: That bird looks beautiful to me, Preach the true gospel please

Lopa Thebosslady: This Is Crap !!! Iliroga nani ?? Give Us The Number Of People This Poor Thing Has Bewitched !!!!

PJ Obonde: Pst Patrick Ngutu, this is just evil wrong. The animal killers must be themselves the witches in the Church. These birds are endangered. Any person killing them in the name of God must be satan himself. Read Genesis 1:26-30.

Dina Gilberts: If the owl is the witch why kill it. Pray for it so the demons leave. Pastor does it mean if any of your member is possessed yo do kill him?

Wairimu Mahinge: Kenya Wildlife Service Kindly arrest this person.Why would create this beautiful bird then go ahead to hate it.Some of these churches and pastors!

Wairimu Nyar Asembo Metta: Soo shameless and you had the guts to post this? Witch my foot…cult churches….You should be arrested

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/pastor-killed-two-witches-that-stormed.html

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by NEHLIVE: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by ikbnice(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Every owl is now a witch. How unfortunate of the poor creature! This is what happens when pastor trying to engrave his spiritual prowess on the mind of his congregation. He can't prove that that bird is a witch. May God himself lead us aright.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by shortgun(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2016
pastor don buy matter

5 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by darkenkach(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Poor creature.

5 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by kunlesufyan(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2016
Lmao!!! Poor bird...maybe it was trying to look for harry porter self...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Tolexander: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Another witch for Christ!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by parisbookaddict(f): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2016
This is what happens when religious fanatism meets low IQ. Just appealing appalling

Modified: appalling not appealing. .

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by MadCow1: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Religion and Foolishness goes hand in hand.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Integrityfarms(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
I hate when MOG goes after harmless creatures in the guise of superstition! How many times did Jesus go about killing owls and cats etc!

Misplaced priorities everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by dejavubobo1(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Owls are just animals, it's sad that he killed a near extinct spiece. if I catch that pastor him go hear am fr my hand

2 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Pyno30: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
I'm waiting untill it turns to human being.

5 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by ZenaSTORY(f): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Why naaa?
Owls are beautiful birds

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by FakeNEWSevryday: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Scholar8200(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2016
But , but the Bible says... " we wrestle not with flesh and blood"...
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by adexlamex(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2016
ok o you kill an owl and you are like "am sure it is a witch".

2 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by stephenkhalaf(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2016
The bird wants to attend their church service...why the pastor kill am!!
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by salabscholar01(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2016
sey the owl don die abi....?

1 Like

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by omanifrank(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
i see
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by twilliamx(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Poor bird!!! Died of mistaken identity. RIP...end time bird killed in end time church.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by brainbox1000(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Okay
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Kenya again
OWL and CAT don suffer.

But DOG dey enjoy

1 Like

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by jauntty: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2016
[size=16pt]Gullibility at its peak.

That pastor needs deliverance from ignorance and deep-rooted baseless superstitious beliefs

Witch my foot! [/size]

5 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by elbaraj001(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmmmm.....pastors now our days..always attaching spiritual meaning to everything they come across...anyway na him sabi..sha..

1 Like

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Samtoby(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Seems like the commandment that says "thou shalt not kill" doesn't apply to some pastors...

Animal violation In Africa is like Corruption and Africa..

if they arrest and break one of his thumb, his next post will be "Owl is a beautiful creature by God"..

Religion is making people crazy, seriously

3 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by goshen26: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Kenya not Nigeria

until we stop celebrating politicians, and starts making them look like our number one enemy the better for us....Nigerians now subject of shame everywhere in d world....this politicians will use ur money to get fame, give u stipend our of ur money and u still wanna kill urselves over it

if we have a better Nigeria no one will go to all this sunny-rocky countries like Kenya
Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by FakeNEWSevryday: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Integrityfarms:
I hate when MOG goes after harmless creatures in the guise of superstition! How many times did Jesus go about killing owls and cats etc!

Misplaced priorities everywhere!
Too much of Hollywood, if oyibo man talk this one I go understand but for Africa man? Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by Achorise: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
I hate religion. I love Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by victorazy(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Africa and kill - kill culture.
Here in Poland, we will capture the creature and ascertain how it could move mountain with its power of witchcraft

7 Likes

Re: Owl "Witches" Killed At Nairobi Winners Chapel In Kenya (photos) by musa56(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2016
Lol,witches be like 'we gonna whoop ur ass '

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okotie Poses With His Car / Prophecies About 2015 Presidential Election That Never Came To Pass / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.