Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Before You Resign, See This!!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Resign, See This!!! (32102 Views)

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by deleo16(m): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
labamo07:
op did you tell them to find where their passion is and make research in to the field. Understanding the nitty gritty of the business. Seek mentorship, think of growing organically rather than exponential. We always assume business grow overnight to start making profit. Tell them to grow the balls for frustration, hence build an entrepreneurial mind...........
your are right this open my eyes M. J. DeMarco
The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Forlardara(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Agreed with point 5 only.
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by ournaijablog(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrAboki:

Oya Come back. grin

You forgot to add that starting up a business is not for everybody. Even the Bible says in the book of 2nd Ezekiel 4:18.. To some he gave the talent of Business, to other he gave the talent of employment. (QJV)

Secondly, How you go chop when you quit your job to start a business?

Thirdly, With the uncertainty in this our harsh Nigerian Market, chances are that 8 out of every 10 businesses will fail within the first 1 - 2 years. grin

Fourly, Do you have enough capital to run that business for atleast a year without making a profit? The beginning period of a business is the most capital intensive part.

Fively, Just because you love something does not mean you will be good at it business wise.

Sixly, Go into a business with the mind that you may lose all your investment.

Sevenly, If you fail in your business, that is not the end. You just need to take the lessons learnt and either move on or start all over again. If business was that easy we would all be Businessmen.

Eightly, the best advice you gave is; "Just Do it".. But make sure you have done your due deligence on any business you want to delve into before starting it.

Ninely, WHO GET LIGHTER FOR HIA.

Tenly entrepreneurship is not as easy as GNLD people make it seem grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Forlardara:
Agreed with point 5 only.
lol...
You can vote her oo... as miss Nairaland...
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
deleo16:
your are right this open my eyes M. J. DeMarco
The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!

You have read wide ooo...

Support the young bae sha in her quest... to win miss Nland
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by otiigba1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:

I believe you...the voting for stage one is ongoing now smiley smiley

lets go there cheesy
bia! Nwanyi oma! I tried to vote for oo! Mode say voting is closed. Ah! No know wetin happen o! Dem talk say you dey campaign for votes too much grin grin grin tongue
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by steve6: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thank you. This is the truth and an encouragement for those who are ready to take the risk. Fortune favours the brave !
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by laykhorn(m): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:

Please contribute....

Refiner! I must say I am impressed and inspired by your post. Women who can pull the plugs aren't much these days but you seem to be doing good for yourself and that's great. Kudos dear!
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by dubemivan(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
agarawu23:
[s][/s]i
e
So after canceling the senseless post you end up adding no sense to it. I dont know if it is too much to ask but but i take your age beg you..... get small Sense naa!
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by free37: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Lovelynature(m): 11:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:
I know a lot of people who wish that they can set up their own business and become a Business owner as fast as possible,..
You may have heard alot of White men giving Inspirational speeches and you may probably have read a lot of Inspirational Books... BUT
This is NIGERIA where uncertainties is the bedrock of the day and The government is not even helping matters. I am not trying to be a CHICKEN LITTLE but am just trying to open up your eyes on what you need to know that will keep you even when the going becomes tough.

Here are the TIPS:

1) Are you motivated?: This can come in form of another question, such as..."What is your motivation"?. The power to withstand, The Zeal to succeed and the Dynamism to accept pressure and criticism.

2) What do I Love doing?: The moment you venture into a business you dont like, that is the day you will see Hell on Earth(I don't want to sound negative) but that is the truth. I discovered I loved teaching, so the moment a school was handed over to me, all i needed was just to gain some leadership and Managerial skill, and it completed the Missing link.... This leads me to point 3.

3) Know your deficiencies: No one is perfect and that stimulates that we all have something that we don't have (You understand)?.. let me explain.. I might be a genius academically, know all the principles of macro economics, but if I am to head a company today, and i don't have Managerial and Leadership skills, it is going to be a failed project. You Understand now? So before you write that resignation letter, make sure you have blocked all loop holes... Which also includes the 4th point.

4) Know your Game: Tomato is scares, I might want to enter the tomato business but I don't know anything about the business, tell me....
Do i have a higher chance of Making it? definitely NO!..
You might want to take some time out while still in your present Job and research about Tomatoes, Know how to get funds, know the CABALS in the game, know every link from the Buying to the selling. Same applies to other businesses you want to start up. Once all this is complete, Jump into NO 5...

5) Just do it: What are you waiting for?, the right time? it may never come.
The Huge capital, They may never give you a loan
The resources? while waste time when you can import resources. Simply using other people to achieve your own goal(NOT EXPLOITING). never wait for a perfect opportunity, it may never come... Go ahead and start winning!!

Just Do IT!! and success is yours..

Written by Miss refiner(Business owner)

Nice one bae. Beauty and brain is a great combination. Keep it up nwa oma
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by 4rmthewest(m): 12:45am On Jun 21, 2016
Owk
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrBully: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2016
The Op is not the author of this piece, that I know.
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrBully: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2016
The Op is not the author of this piece, that I know. Someone helped her
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrBully: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by olajasper(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2016
God bless u bless 9ja
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by aboveu(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2016
I like politics business 'yam plenty there grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Help Caught With Charms 3 Days After Resuming Work In Lagos (Photos) / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.