Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (45725 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Lovintus2(m): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
Life can sometimes be unpredictable and therefore we make choices that can either make or mar us, the latter very unfortunate. For many years I've been saddled with the responsibility of seeking for the answers to these questions; "can a soldier or any uniformed personnel who is in the force decide to change his/her career and therefore resign?" "can he/she walk up to his/her commander and say 'sir I don't want to be a soldier anymore?"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
Them no force you enter na
If you can not be allowed to resign then there shouldn't be retirement also

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
i think, it is possible. if the reason is good enough to go by otherwise he/she will stay there for 20years of service.

#justsaying

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
I know soldiers can be dismissed from service. Its possible one can resign.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Ayoemrys(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
Of Cuz Yes You Can, Even Trump Can Resign, The Only People That Don't Resign Are Parents, Mothers Are Always Mother Even After Death

185 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Lovintus2(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
But someone said when you resign before your retirement, you are tagged a terrorist because you've already learnt the military tactics and therefore may use it negatively. It's a do or die affair

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
kk
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2018
following
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by saintruky(m): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2018
Who force am join b4?

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Sermwell(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2018
God bless you OP for this thread! Just last week, a soldier approached me that I should get him some slippers to wear! I was wondering why but he told me that he excaped the guard room and that he wants to returned to his people! While I was making the arrangement, some 7 soldiers stormed our house and drag the soldier back to the barrack!
The story was that he didn't want to continue in the army! I was now wondering IS IT BY FORCE??

209 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by okonja(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes but you have to pay for all the training instilled in you... Atleast 5Milla

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Marcoassensio: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2018
;Duntil I kill somebody until I kill somebody
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by saintruky(m): 7:21am On Jan 07, 2018
Ayoemrys:
Of Cuz Yes You Can, Even Trump Can Resign, The Only People That Don't Resign Are Parents, Mothers Are Always Mother Even After Death

You forgot to add Buhari to d unresigned crew

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2018
Resign go where kwa shocked

You must serve your fathers land ooooo grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Brightglory77: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2018
I have a brother that resigned from from SSS' work having spent 5 years there.I think there should be a way to go about it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Inyanga(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Why not... But I think you must have served for a minimum number of years before doing that

Or better put, call it retirement...

7 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by alfredo4u(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2018
You must finished what u started.

FTC

14 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by martineverest(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2018
yes...after 10 yrs

6 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by hoygift(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Resigning from service hmm, sure a soldier can resign but have not seen any, I always see the run away soldiers, DAT one na still resignation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by enjoy1100: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by hakeem4(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes you can resign
Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by martineverest(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2018
dayo2me:
i think, it is possible. if the reason is good enough to go by otherwise he/she will stay there for 20years of service.

#justsaying
10yrs not 20

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by chronique(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2018
I think there is a particular no of years you must serve in the military, before you can be eligible for retirement.

12 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by maina55: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2018
Lovintus2:
But someone said when you resign before your retirement, you are tagged a terrorist because you've already learnt the military tactics and therefore may use it negatively. It's a do or die affair
No oooo,,, I have a uncle who resign from the military,, he is now working with CBN and I also know someone who resign from police,, so you can resign

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2018
What would make me resign from military?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by autonomous22: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2018
I heard u can resign after you v d stayed for like 10years....

4 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by 12345baba(m): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2018
Yes u can. Na before them no dey gree. U can also resign by giving urself injury by yourself grin grin. Seriously resigning is possible these days

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 07, 2018
yes you can resign... simply because its miliatary doesn't mean it's a do or die affair

3 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by 12345baba(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2018
Movingcoil:
What would make me resign from military?
when RPG fly pass your head for battle field

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by ruffDiamond: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
for where!

until after 10 years... i think

or you'll be declared wanted for deserting...

meaning you are coward DESERTER!a very grave offence

sorry no way

9 Likes

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by bibiking7(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018

I don't know about Nigerian military. Most of the ones that I know, you start with a Contract of a couple of years, you can choose to leave when it expires or you can extend. If you chose to leave while your Contract is on. Then you are AWOL or seen as a deserter and hunted down. You cannot even leave the Nigerian defence academy just like that. The French Foreign legion starts with a 5 years contract I think, then upon completion you could pick shorter durations
, if you leave while having a valid contract, head hunters will track you down. If you are a soldier, ask your commanding officer how you can get out. I have a feeling that you cannot even discuss this in North Korea. grin

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? by osuofia2(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
You can resign after 10 years, or on health ground

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Collapsed After His Salary Was Slashed From N18,000 To N5,000 In Kebbi / Lady Climbs Electric Pole, Fixes Electrical Connections (Photos) / Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.