Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ... (3064 Views)

Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) / I Wanna Buy Sony Xperia Z3 Honest Reveiws Needed!!! / Where's Sony Xperia Office Or Centre Located In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by MightyPee: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: ... by MightyPee: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
s
Re: ... by kishimi8(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
MightyPee:
A neighbour( a woman) gave me this phone today to help her unlock it, she said her son set a password and the phone stops accepting it, I thought it was a small something and took it from her, I tried everything I could but no way, I could have flashed it for her but I don't know the model, asked her she said she doesn't know either, asked for the receipt she said she lost it, omo I come weak, so I told her I could help maybe if I put it here, I know someone might be using the kinda phone,

I first thought it was Xperia Z2. I don't know if it is., so please if you know the model kinda post it, it uses a nano SIM card.
Sorry I don't have a solution for you. Goodluck. I just hope it's not a Chinese fake.
Re: ... by MightyPee: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
kishimi8:

Oga go to settings and click about phone. Check in the sun menus you should get the model number there. From there Google Sony xperia model put the model number you got from the settings -about phone menu

did you read the post, I said the phone is password locked, her son set a password to the phone and this morning the password becomes an incorrect password, she gave me to unlock it for her, but I need to know the phone model. I can't access anything in the phone.
Re: ... by Rogbese(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Have you tried accessing the system? I don't know how to get there on the Xperia but I'm guessing holding down power and either up or down volume key. Google it, you should be able to get the model from there. And NO, you don't need the password to access it.
Re: ... by donhils: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Is the back made of glass or plastic?
Re: ... by MightyPee: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Rogbese:
Have you tried accessing the system? I don't know how to get there on the Xperia but I'm guessing holding down power and either up or down volume key. Google it, you should be able to get the model from there. And NO, you don't need the password to access it.

I have Google it oh, but no worthy result popped up, but will try again though.
Re: ... by MightyPee: 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
donhils:
Is the back made of glass or plastic?

Plastic sir, the case is made of plastic.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Since the back is made out of plastic that rules out Xperia Z2 or Z3 since those are made out of glass. But just to be sure kindly let us know if the phone has speaker grills at the buttom and top. We are left with 2 options, Xperia Z and Xperia Z1. Xperia Z is ruled out since that one does not have a camera button while this one has. So I am 85% sure this phone is Sony Xperia Z1.

Now if u really want to confirm, open the sim card tray, gently remove the tray u will see the serial number and model number. If u don't find it there then open the memory card slot, u will definietly find it in one of those 2 places. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nbote(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dat looks pretty much like my Z2 but it's slimmer so I'm assuming it's a Z3.. I think there's always d Google Gmail option for when password or pattern lock is forgotten. Jus swipe down from d top of the screen and switch d data on then try d email option
Re: ... by freshcvvs: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Z1's back isn't made of plastic. it cracks just like the screen at the front. so Z1 out of it. too.

greenhulk:
Since the back is made out of plastic that rules out Xperia Z2 or Z3 since those are made out of glass. But just to be sure kindly let us know if the phone has speaker grills at the buttom and top. We are left with 2 options, Xperia Z and Xperia Z1. Xperia Z is ruled out since that one does not have a camera button while this one has. So I am 85% sure this phone is Sony Xperia Z1.
Now if u really want to confirm, open the sim card tray, gently remove the tray u will see the serial number and model number. If u don't find it there then open the memory card slot, u will definietly find it in one of those 2 places. Goodluck.
Re: ... by Hansbireo(m): 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
M4 or m5 aqua

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
freshcvvs:
Z1's back isn't made of plastic. it cracks just like the screen at the front. so Z1 out of it. too.

Actually all Sony xperia z phones have dragontail glass back. I was just suprised when the op said it was made out of plastic. I still think this phone is either z1 or z2.
Re: ... by freshcvvs: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually all Sony xperia z phones have dragontail glass back. I was just suprised when the op said it was made out of plastic. I still think this phone is either z1 or z2.

There are low budget Xperia phones.

Try gsmarena to learn more about them.

Not all comes with a glass back.
Re: ... by Samzack(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Boot into recovery mode (by pressing d power nd d up volume button 2geda) den reset d fone
Re: ... by MightyPee: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
greenhulk, it has a speaker grill at the bottom, a rectangular shaped. it has a plastic back. I can't find any trays. although it's supposed to because I had to use a pin to pull out the memory card and SIM out because of the ports lack friction.
Re: ... by freshcvvs: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Not all Xperia is of Z model

We have Xperia C,D,E, P e.t.c

in.priceprice.com/mobilephones/?series=Xperia-70
Re: ... by MightyPee: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
Samzack:
Boot into recovery mode (by pressing d power nd d up volume button 2geda) den reset d fone

how do I do it?, I tried but it was just vibrating and wouldn't switch on. and it a lollipop version.
Re: ... by MightyPee: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
freshcvvs:
Not all Xperia is of Z model

We have Xperia C,D,E, P e.t.c

in.priceprice.com/mobilephones/?series=Xperia-70

can you give me any idea which this would be, it has plastic back, nano sim, a memory slot, and 5"
Re: ... by Samzack(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
MightyPee:

how do I do it?, I tried but it was just vibrating and wouldn't switch on. and it a lollipop version.
D fone shuld b off, nd if dat doesn't work u culd get d version by still pressing d powa nd volume down button nd u will c were 2 check d version nd remember d fone shuld b tturned off
Re: ... by 8BitGee(m): 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Connect it to a PC as mass storage, it should display the name.

I hope you have evidence it's not stolen?
Re: ... by freshcvvs: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
MightyPee:

can you give me any idea which this would be, it has plastic back, nano sim, a memory slot, and 5"

Go through that link to find the actual one from the description.
Re: ... by MightyPee: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
8BitGee:

na it wasn't stolen, I know her to be using this phone for a while now, but anyway thanks.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
I used Xperia z few months ago and it uses micro SIM not nano SIM, so it's definitely not Xperia Z,
BTW: Xperia z back is made of dragon tail glass, not cheap plastic like Samsung s4

1 Like

Re: ... by MightyPee: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
hey guys, thanks for the suggestions and opinions, I have found it, yes, I found the plastic it was written in the memory card slot and it's Xperia E2303, M4 aqua, thanks.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
freshcvvs:

There are low budget Xperia phones.

Try gsmarena to learn more about them.

Not all comes with a glass back.

I did not say all Sony xperia phones. Read my comment again, I said all Sony xperia z phones which are their flagship phones.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
8BitGee:

I don't think it will display the name of it is not unlocked.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
MightyPee:
hey guys, thanks for the suggestions and opinions, I have found it, yes, I found the plastic it was written in the memory card slot and it's Xperia E2303, M4 aqua, thanks.

Glad u finally found it. So 100 likes for me.
Re: ... by OmichaelO: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Mightypee, Have You Been Able To Unlock It?

Most Xperia Phones Doesn't Come With Stock Recovery,so The Key Combos Won't Work.

If You Can Fastboot,then Flash A Custom Recovery, You Should Be A To Wipe Or Flash A Mod To Bypass The Lock.
Re: ... by freshcvvs: 1:46am On Jun 21, 2016
greenhulk:

I did not say all Sony xperia phones. Read my comment again, I said all Sony xperia z phones which are their flagship phones.

Well the OP didn't state it was a Z series phone, my comment was to point out that xperia is not just about Z series alone.
Re: ... by MightyPee: 6:00am On Jun 21, 2016
greenhulk:

Glad u finally found it. So 100 likes for me.
yeah, 1000likes for you, Boss
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 21, 2016
See questions. Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ntel Is Totally Broken. What Other Alternatives? / Too Many Connections On Celtel Mms / Unlock Etisalat Gaga Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.