Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? (12962 Views)

Nigeria Banks: Is It Now A Law Or A Force To Have An Atm Card? / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / Nigeria Banks Are Now Black Market For Dollars Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Good evening guys,
I have accounts with different banks(firstbank &Gtbank).I receive sms from my banks each time there is an anniversary e.g. my birthday or Christmas, at the end of the month I get charged for the same sms they send to me on my birthday or new year.
Now my question is, I'm I supposed to be charged for an sms sent to me on my birthday from my bank or is it right for the bank to charge me for the same sms?
I just want to know so I can tell my bank to stop sending me sms on my birthday which I end up paying for.

Pardon my English undecided undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by crazymommy(f): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin now this is funny and sad at the same time....that is naija banks for you.many of them are thieves...can you imagine??it's like saying you literally paid them to congratulate you...

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Strahovski1(m): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
What sort of nonsense is this? I'm not a Nigerian but I do have a Nigerian bank account.

So are you telling me your birthday is every month? The sms you are charged for is Credit/Debit notifications not Birthday messages. As long as you have received one credit or debit alert you would be charged or other sms such as OTP, etc. . You would be charged. Not for your birthday.

Unless of course, your account is a dead account where no transaction takes place.

18 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
crazymommy:
grin grin grin grin grin now this is funny and sad at the same time....that is naija banks for you.many of them are thieves...can you imagine??it's like saying you literally paid them to congratulate you...
seriously
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Strahovski1:
What sort of nonsense is this? I'm not a Nigerian but I do have a Nigerian bank account.

So are you telling me your birthday is every month? The sms you are charged for is Credit/Debit notifications not Birthday messages. As long as you have received one credit or debit alert you would be charged or other sms such as OTP, etc. . You would be charged. Not for your birthday.

Unless of course, your account is a dead account where no transaction takes place.
your so funny, I keep records of all transactions I make each month and I don't celebrate my birthday every month. If you read it correctly I included other anniversaries...first bank do charge me for such sms,

20 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Bugatie(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
Strahovski1:

Chai,,, see killing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2016

Sir, you are only charged for transaction sms alerts(credit n Debit).
The bank bears the cost for non-transaction alerts from the genesis of ur marriage with em'

7 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Strahovski1:

I suggest you observe your sms charges of your birthday month or any significant event that will require firstbank(if you're banking with first bank ) to send SMS to you then you will know they charge you for the sms been sent to you on those days

6 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
vimi:

Sir, you are only charged for transaction sms alerts(credit n Debit).
The bank bears the cost for non-transaction alerts from the genesis of ur marriage with em'

my friend that banks with firstbank also observed same thing

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by mike234: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Henrybright:
Good evening guys,
I have accounts with different banks(firstbank &Gtbank).I receive sms from my banks each time there is an anniversary e.g. my birthday or Christmas, at the end of the month I get charged for the same sms they send to me on my birthday or new year.
Now my question is, I'm I supposed to be charged for an sms sent to me on my birthday from my bank or is it right for the bank to charge me for the same sms?
I just want to know so I can tell my bank to stop sending me sms on my birthday which I end up paying for.

Pardon my English undecided undecided

Bros, count the number of credit and debit transactions on your account for the period you were charged and multiply it by 4. Compare it to the amount you were charged and let me know the difference. Without this all I can say is you are very wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
Henrybright:
my friend that banks with firstbank also observed same thing

Well it's purely ur word against mine, I humbly suggest you follow link for steps to tender a comprehensive complaint

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/02/20/cbn-asks-nigerians-to-report-cases-of-illegal-charges-by-banks/

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2016
undecided
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by pleased(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2016
No need for argument, go to the Bank ask them about the charges and they enlighten you, and if you were not pleased then ask them to Stop it.

But for me i don't think dey charged for Birthday or any ceremonies messages dey sent to u, it is jst d way to value and appreciate there customers.

My Opinion Thou.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by sokera: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
It's not true ..
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
Strahovski1:

I miss u on my threads lately. How have you been smiley
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by obadiah11(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2016
i don't think they charge for such message,because it not even possible
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Exponental(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2016
@Op, you may be right but how can you prove you were charged?
I think you should just ignore. Do you get up to 25 celebration messages annually? @ #4 per SMS,
#4 * 25= #100. Just assume you bought a bottle of #100 coke for them for appreciating you 25 times in a year. If less than 25, you have only bought them drink not worth a bottle of coke, maybe plenty sachets of pure water. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2016
No bank will charge for that.

Let's stop lieing or spreading falsehood.

U can login to ur Internet banking and count the no of transactions u did for the period u were charged

Claims like this is the reason ignorant people say things like below:
donsteady:
Banks are number criminal in this country
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Wealthyone: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
AntiWailer:
No bank will charge for that.

Firstbank does. I had to go to them to de-activate my sms subscription and gimme e-mail alerts only.

If u didn't perform any transaction in ur FBN account in a month, they'll still charge u d minimum of #16 for SMS. 1. For notifying u ur month end balance. 2. For credit interest (which might be in Kobo...lol) 3. for tax deducted in d credit interest. 4. For ur balance at d beginning of d month.

First bank turned to a corporate thief overnight.

10 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by donsteady(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Banks are number criminal in this country

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
..who even send them work...Dats how dey deducted #150 for card maintenance....

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Penuelseun(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Abeg no time to waste time, make I go eat

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2016
Dis OP is high on kwale weed!!!.....so banks charge for every message abi?...guy na lie....its only transactional messages that you are charged on!!!
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Harmored(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2016
grin HMMMMMM!!!! IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT WILL THEY STILL SEND SMS
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by kiddoiLL(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
like this

11 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Pavore9: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2016
Why should l pay for the birthday card someone is sending me?
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by danduchi(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2016
They all charge for any sms... Be it birthday, maintenance alert sms, BVN notice etc

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2016
kiddoiLL:
like this

Do you know the number of infrastructure put in place for u to use that card on the average ?

Power, Internet link (2 in most cases for fail over purpose),
Inverter batteries etc besides personnel.

So au much do u think they are making from ur transactions.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by tkpoint2(m): 7:27am On Jun 21, 2016
okay

We don't need to Pardon your grammar!

Just correct it if you can.
For instance change the "I'M I" to "Am I".......and you are good to go

3 Likes

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Wealthyone:

Firstbank does. I had to go to them to de-activate my sms subscription and gimme e-mail alerts only.

If u didn't perform any transaction in ur FBN account in a month, they'll still charge u d minimum of #16 for SMS. 1. For notifying u ur month end balance. 2. For credit interest (which might be in Kobo...lol) 3. for tax deducted in d credit interest. 4. For ur balance at d beginning of d month.

First bank turned to a corporate thief overnight.

Bros u are a liar.

First bank does not charge for Birthday Alert.

After disabling ur sms alert does that disable ur birthday alert ?

Haba no dey lie na.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Flexherbal(m): 7:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Banks are always on how to make more profit.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by ozor1: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2016
In Nigeria anything is possible,no checks and balance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Data Recharge Card For SME / Share Your Worst Banking Experience / Forex Restrictions On Sugar, Wheat In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.