Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? (12972 Views)

Nigeria Banks: Is It Now A Law Or A Force To Have An Atm Card? / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / Nigeria Banks Are Now Black Market For Dollars Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by yomalex(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

Probably u mixed up a transaction alert charge for a birthday alert charge.

I can tell u with all authority that FIRST BANK does not CHARGE for birthday alert.
lol even with my email correspondence with them?
I did no transction during the said month that's how I was able to notice, they refunded and apologised.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by sherif4owo(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2016
vimi:

Sir, you are only charged for transaction sms alerts(credit n Debit).
The bank bears the cost for non-transaction alerts from the genesis of ur marriage with em'

I like your use of words!
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by popesam1(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2016
Henrybright:
Good evening guys,
I have accounts with different banks(firstbank &Gtbank).I receive sms from my banks each time there is an anniversary e.g. my birthday or Christmas, at the end of the month I get charged for the same sms they send to me on my birthday or new year.
Now my question is, I'm I supposed to be charged for an sms sent to me on my birthday from my bank or is it right for the bank to charge me for the same sms?
I just want to know so I can tell my bank to stop sending me sms on my birthday which I end up paying for.

Pardon my English undecided undecided
This why you should patronize diamond bank, they no go charge you, even the credit and debit alert, dem not go charge you
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by olaolaking: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2016
1ST BANK OF CHARGES ME 12 NAIRA EVERY MONTH IN MY ABANDONED ACCOUNT
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Ezionye(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2016
Ahmeduana:

In Yoruba, there is a word for it, "FI OWO ABU SE ABU LA LEJO"

Looks like more than one word to me undecided
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2016
yomalex:
lol even with my email correspondence with them?
I did no transction during the said month that's how I was able to notice, they refunded and apologised.

You might have engaged their representative who knows nothing about their IT systems.

I know and i can tell you that BIRTHDAY ALERT is configured as BANK INDUCED and will never charge any customer.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by joshk(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2016
cheating is a common language and trend in Nigeria in every political,private or public sector, so u very got be use to dat.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Gruvychuky(f): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2016
obadiah11:
i don't think they charge for such message,because it not even possible
says who?
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Ahmeduana(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2016
Ezionye:

Looks like more than one word to me undecided
IT MEANS, you pay me a visit, you as my visitor end up paying for the drinks and food i used in entertaining you?
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Strahovski1:
What sort of nonsense is this? I'm not a Nigerian but I do have a Nigerian bank account.

So are you telling me your birthday is every month? The sms you are charged for is Credit/Debit notifications not Birthday messages. As long as you have received one credit or debit alert you would be charged or other sms such as OTP, etc. . You would be charged. Not for your birthday.

Unless of course, your account is a dead account where no transaction takes place.
you got him wrong.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by amuokuko: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2016
Please if u don't use First Bank just SHUT UP nd read comments..

First bank Charges Sms on Birthday, infact a friend too have complained to me about it..
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Icecream4U(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2016
You mean if I don't have money in my account they won't send me ceremonial messages?
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by suco01(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
Yes, u're right. UBA, FirstBank, GTBank, UnionBank and Stanbic IBTC charges outside transaction on credit/debit on acct. Na dat UBA and Unionbank worst pass, dey charge me for welcoming me in opening acct wit dem and also charge me for sending me sms on debit card activation sms, acct dat i opened with 2K and afta a months of d acct been active, was send monthly acct detailed and they av deducted #16 for all d yeye msgs dey sent to me aside d one i think its legit which d monthly acct details sms. While dat Stanbic IBTC na to dey comot #50 stamp duty charge on savings acct. All dose banks sabi steal customers money.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
reservd:

Same as gtb
was thinking it's only firstbank
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Henrybright(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
feldido:
Op said the truth, I've complained about this several times.
There's an account I stopped using, but I get sms notifications every month and got charged.
So I don leave am, make dem collect the money till dem make am minus, after all I don dash dem. grin
your funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
sherif4owo:

I like your use of words!
Many Thanks!
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by yomalex(m): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

You might have engaged their representative who knows nothing about their IT systems.

I know and i can tell you that BIRTHDAY ALERT is configured as BANK INDUCED and will never charge any customer.
you like argument o what about the refund? More than 10 persons have alluded to same on this thread
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
yomalex:
you like argument o what about the refund? More than 10 persons have alluded to same on this thread

I still believe the 10 persons are liars .

I am sorry I am unrepentant about that statement.

There might be wrong charges that was reversed but it has notin to do with birthday alert. Trust me on this.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by yomalex(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

I still believe the 10 persons are liars .

I am sorry I am unrepentant about that statement.

There might be wrong charges that was reversed but it has notin to do with birthday alert. Trust me on this.
Whaaaaaat LIARS na wa for u o. Calling 10 people with documentary proof Liars is something else. Lol that's very funny I have email correspondence with added evidence of refund in my account yet you are still insisting? Please have a good night
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by AntiWailer: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
yomalex:
Whaaaaaat LIARS na wa for u o. Calling 10 people with documentary proof Liars is something else. Lol that's very funny I have email correspondence with added evidence of refund in my account yet you are still insisting? Please have a good night

U av correspondence where they told you that you were charge for birthday alert ?

U might be charged wrongly and it was refunded but I insist it is not birthday alert.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? by yomalex(m): 3:14am On Jun 22, 2016
AntiWailer:

U av correspondence where they told you that you were charge for birthday alert ?

U might be charged wrongly and it was refunded but I insist it is not birthday alert.
I was charged for birthday alert, I complained via email, they refunded me and apologised via email.
This will be my last response.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) / CBN Orders The Use Of Voters Card For Bank Use / "We Have Recovered N644bn" - AMCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.