Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market (33930 Views)

Dollar Crashes To N368/$1 / Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by GworoChewinMaga: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by signature2012(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
This is a result of having too many SA on media than the ECONOMY.

Buharimonics.

I had thought we will be discussing more of yuan than the dollar,the china trip was just a big SCAM.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by jejemanito: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
sad
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by tbaba1234: 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
This is expected.

There would be s spike especially with all the pent up demand, then a gradual fall... The changes will come as the days and months progress..

It promises to be an exciting few months...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Brainy007: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2016
Very good....

I can afford to smile further today

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by tbaba1234: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
The Naira is starting today at 258/$

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Ayohbk(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Apart from all these dogo turenchi does it mean that I will be buying things on Amazon at an exchange rate of 346 or 288 undecided

Buhari s the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria.

I stand naked and place a curse on that man that's ruining this economy cos of his pride and arrogance cry

Pics or adonbilivit

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by bobo65(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
Wonder what floating means when we will still be buying like 350 from banks and black market

I tot we can just walk into the bank and get dollar for 288

Me no mind dat one at all at all

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
It can only get better!!!
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by GworoChewinMaga: 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
tbaba1234:
This is expected.

There would be s spike especially with all the pent up demand, then a gradual fall... The changes will come as the days and months progress..

It promises to be an exciting few months...

rubbish.

The naira has been pegged at 285 by the CBN how do you expect it t drop?

Which sane business man will miss the oppurtunity to convert all his assets from naira to dollar now that the CBN has liberalized the forex policy?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by PecE2Make: 8:56am On Jun 21, 2016
They voted for change and they got it. It did not affect me alone but the zombies dat voted chanji.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Thunderlicious: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Apart from all these dogo turenchi does it mean that I will be buying things on Amazon at an exchange rate of 346 or 288 undecided

Buhari s the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria.

I stand naked and place a curse on that man that's ruining this economy cos of his pride and arrogance cry

Pissure of u going naked...or the curse will revert to u and PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by tbaba1234: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

rubbish.

The naira has been pegged at 285 by the CBN how do you expect it t drop?

Which sane business man will miss the oppurtunity to convert all his assets from naira to dollar now that the CBN has liberalized the forex policy?

There is no pegging... The new policy is designed to allow demand and supply fix the rates..

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Brainy007: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2016
Why are people making so much noise. Its just for the 1st day nitori Olorun

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by latinoKingdom(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Buharinomics - The worst form of economic policy in the whole wide world.

Rule 1: Don't expect much from a dullard.
can't you just show little respect
1. He is your president
2. He is old enough to be your father, if not grand father
Don't be so disrespectful, moreover you voted for him

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by GworoChewinMaga: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is no pegging... The new policy is designed to allow demand and supply fix the rates..

The value of the naira was moved from 199 to 258 by the CBN at the begining of monday

what is it with you zombies? It's almost like your average zombie IQ is less than that of a field mouse.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by GworoChewinMaga: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2016
latinoKingdom:
c[s]an't you just show little respect
1. He is your president
2. He is old enough to be your father, if not grand father
Don't be so disrespectful, moreover you voted for him[/s]

rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by ThugBoy(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2016
NA SO MONEY DEY CHANGE........APCN FOR CHAIN......
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by beefblaze(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2016
Just watching 'em wit my 3D glasses... cool cool
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by berrystunn(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2016
Take us back to where you pick us from.

We where good then with dollars
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Cammo: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2016
E go better.
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by latinoKingdom(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

rubbish
well you are too young to understand, still a baby in knowledge
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by tbaba1234: 9:05am On Jun 21, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

The value of the naira was moved from 199 to 258 by the CBN at the begining of monday

what is it with you zombies? It's almost like your average zombie IQ is less than that of a field mouse.

Do you know anything about economics or you are just here to argue blindly and call names?

Have you read the new exchange policy?
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by hawardlee(m): 9:06am On Jun 21, 2016
i just ordered online with a gtbank card and i was charged N340 / 1 USD .... thimkimg it will be even @ 300 or below

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by joshk(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2016
change is here . buhari promise do one dollar to one naira is here.God help us in dis country.
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by LoneRanger2: 9:09am On Jun 21, 2016
But why is the exchange rate still 197 on the website of the CBN?
Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2016
This is ridiculous. What an Irony for a government that promised to make $1 = N1.
Initially I thought this new flexible market rate was only for banks, and doesn't affect the official CBN rate. Surprisingly, it does, as the dollar is now officially N280 and fluctuating, so could still rise for sometime as the market reacts before any decline is expected.

Now I'm forced to use the word "ZOMBIES" for the first time here: And the Zombies said this is not DEVALUATION of the Naira? When there is now officially no means one could get the dollar at N197?!!! PTA/BTA, Education, investments, medicals, etc will now all obtain the dollar at this new rate (N280/$ fluctuating) even if you apply from the APEX bank (CBN).

Well, we've not seen hardship yet. Most businesses were still being run at official CBN rates of N197 having met the criteria to obtain such. The Dangote refinery, and other good investments were to benefit from such. But with this new policy, everyone gets it at the prevailing market rate. Flight tickets (in Naira) have almost doubled, prospective students to international schools will now have to budget almost twice their previous expectations for flights, fees and allowances. I had really thought this policy was meant to control the parallel market while the CBN remains unaffected, since zombies have been claiming it wasn't devaluation. Let's see how this affects prices of goods and services in the country. This is really sad.

Pls ZOMBIES, stop deceiving yourselves in trying to defend or explain every rubbish that comes out of this APC led administration. At least be neutral in some matters and see how it affects everyone.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2016
They don't put am for level wey common man no go understand again. So what u will be hearing now is dollar rose from 250 to 500 today, next day it will rise to 449. That starting point na just the confusion wey dey there. All na same.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by CandyDiamond(f): 9:18am On Jun 21, 2016
Government of deceit,permutation and combination, instead of them to tell Nigerians the truth that ,1 dollar will be equal to 500 naira ,in the coming months as Dangote and business elite want it to be, they are playing mind games, I pity the zombies shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by Shym3xx: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2016
LOL.

In just one day?

By December, $1 = 500/600 naira. grin

And when proper inflation hits - I won't be surprised when the people hit the road and start protesting.

Voodoo/paper economists will also join the protests...that's when shiit has hit the fan. grin

I expect these clowns to announce a new policy by latest August/September and peg the naira with something/somewhere. This lousy policy is not sustainable with the big hole the country is. It's just a trial and error method - to see where naira will settle at. No sane person would willingly float a currency as weak as that against the dollar. You're better off pegging it to the dollar.

Anyway, I think Adeosun needs to resign and jump off the sinking boat before she destroy's her career/CV. She's surrounded by dunderheads in a country where everything is done based on sentiments and where slaves love worshipping the slave masters, despite how inhumane the slave masters treat them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market by chigoizie7(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2016
When is dis man travelling again?

The more he travels, the more things tends to be stable.

Can u imagine?

Naija we are in it.

It lost N35 in less than 24hrs. Only God knows how much it will loose in a week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebeano Supermarket In Abuja Is On Fire (Video) / Inside Gerawa's $50 Million Soyabeans Oil Processing Factory In Kano (Pictures] / Money Myths That Have Made Nigerians Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.