Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme (31705 Views)

All Universities,polys,colleges Of Edu Fix Admission Cut Off Marks(full LIST) / Govt Scraps Hnds, Merges Polys With Varsities / BREAKING NEWS: Govt Scraps Hnds, Merges Polys With Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by FakeNEWSevryday: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
Minister of Education - But u warned not to conduct post-utme for students anymore

VC- We adhere to the directives Sir...,

Min. Of Edu.-(cut in) but I heard u are still doing something related to post-utme.

VC- no sir, what we are doing is screening of certificate sir

Min.of Edu.- is money involved?

VC- Enhh emm ehhhm escuse me sir...

Min.of Edu. (cut in) is money involve? Yes or No.

VC- Yes

Min.of Edu.- How much?

VC- #8000 for screening and #12000 for certificate

Min. Of Edu.- yeeeeeh mo gbe

1 Like

Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Koreslee(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
buharisbae:
I dunno y people support this scrapping shii!

Ngwanu... Dey flex dey go
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Tobbey(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
They shouldn't have scrapped Pume tho angry
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by abovealljid(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
I don't support d idea of scrapping d post utme,let the university screening dere candidate dem self by any means dey knw dats is proper.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by charlisco(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
SCRAPPING OF POST UTME - POINT TO NOTE
1. No Institution will go below the JAMB 180 benchmark, Universities can go above it
2. All Candidate given admission must be from JAMB
3. No University should exceed its admission capacity (allocation)
4. There won’t be any written Post-UTME, but Institutions are allowed to screen its candidates. School may adopt to use Verification of result or Oral Interview as it screening option

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Post UTME or No Post UTME, going by the number of candidates that applied and pass jamb exam, the Federal and State Universities in Nigeria, cannot give admission to all qualified candidate due to it carrying Capacity.
This lead/give rise to further Methods of Screening.

Question
How will school screen their candidate that meet the jamb 180 cut-off from this year 2016?
Answer:
School may adopt to use verification of result, Oral Interview or CBT

Verification of result:
This entails checking of your O,level (WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB) grade with a combination of sharp increase in departmental cut-off mark to accommodate only the candidate its admission capacity can take.

Oral Interview:
A platform for you to meet with someone who represents the school (A complete stranger) also known as the interviewer- He/she asked your several question to show off a side of your personality that is not obvious on the written jamb cbt.
College interviews can be stressful; especially when you consider that you have less than 20minutes to impress a complete stranger.
click to read more about the college oral interview past question

CBT:
Finally, for schools that will use CBT or electronic format to screen candidates, studying post-UTME past questions, current affairs and subjects related to your choice course will be a very good way to prepare for the screening.

POST JAMB ORAL INTERVIEW PAST QUESTION
Now Available - Post Jamb Screening Oral Interview Past Questions and How to Master and Answer them
To help you, we have compiled a book on how to answer the most tough college oral interview questions.
The question cut across all School departments who wish to conduct oral interview in screening their candidates, remember you have just few mins 10-15 min to answer at least four Interview Questions put before you
Here are some typical questions you may encounter during an oral
interview admissions session.
> What make you to believe you deserve this admission than the rest candidate waiting for this screening
> How will you add value to our campus?
> Recommend a good book for me?

The Oral Interview Past Question and Best Answer. Explain how to answer all these tactical questions.
point to note, you answer should be unique and different from others, remember its an oral interview, if everybody keep saying same answer, the possibility of offering the admission to those applicant is low. Now is your chance to choose to be unique and different when answering your interview questions

Question:- How can i get the Post Screening Oral Interview Past Question and Answer for my school?
Answer:- To get a complete copy of the past questions - call me or send a text message you are interested and I will send you the procedure on how to get yours without stress. cost is N800

whatsap /mobile no. - 08051311885 I email - charlisco@gmail.com

for more details visit this link Post Screening Oral Interview Questions

ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB
Question: - I score below the cut-off mark, is there any hope, if any, how can i gain admission without jamb into any of the school this year?
Answer:- They are various programme run by Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education that does not require jamb form, the programme range from part-time, spat, nursing, school of marine, diploma, jupeb, predegree.
If you wish to obtain a degree result, to the best of my knowledge, Part-Time and JUPEB Programme run by Universities can only offer you that, Polytechnic and School of marine do award OND result, which you can later used to obtain jamb direct entry into University, but you
must make sure you come out with upper credit as school that accept jamb direct entry mostly give preference to candidate that graduate with distinction or upper credit.

Question
When should someone be expecting the sales of the form?
Answer.
Fupre Predegree,AAU Predegree and Jubep, Uniben Diploma –> in the Month of June
Sch of Marine Burutu, Ozoro Spat, Oghara Spat, Uniben Part-Time, PTI Part-time,- > in the Month of August
Auchi Spat, Delsu Pre-Degree –> in the month of November
Uniben JUPEB -> in the month July

For more details visit this link Admission Without Jamb
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by DONOCHAS(m): 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
jamb should be scrapped, hw will they that one have not gotten admission
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Emade(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
all they care about is how to make more money that is y the education system is like this
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by stevups(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Post-UTME remodified agendum!
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Drdonzeez(m): 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mikylopez:
bia dz boy do u know wt we go through jes to get admission?
If you wrote your jamb exams and passed,You would definitely make post ume.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by OlujobaSamuel: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ademusiwa1:
[size=28pt]Universities all over the world screen their candidate .

The issue is universities have to travel to visit the 36 states.

They have to go to the north to screen their candidate. They should not expected the northern student to come to that far. It is too dangerous for them . It is the adult at this various universities that should go meet the children.

Not the children coming to meet them in their various state.

Jamb only allows for 3 universities . This allow students to try 140 universities and see which one will give them admissions through a wavies process.

You want to open all 140 universities to all students .

They should try their luck, not wait for another year to gain admission

.[/size]
I'm also in favour of scrapping the scam exam, however, with your comment and choice of font, I'm scared.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by adegoke93: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
Regardless of the method they adopt,God's mercy and favour is the ANSWER
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Olaskybab: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Silva79:
jamb should be scrapped. students should not be limited to choosing just two schools in jamb. if jamb is scrapped students should buy as many post utme forms as they wish to that way you sit for post utme in unilag futa lasu unaab laspotech mapoly and you are sure of gaining admission into any of this school \. you may even pass all the exams then you will be the one to chose the school you want to study
Itz normal sha

It is normal 4 sm ppl 2 tink anticlockwisely
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Silva79(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Olaskybab:

Itz normal sha

It is normal 4 sm ppl 2 tink anticlockwisely
who is thinking antiwise? you didnt contribute to the topic but was quick to term someone"s opinion as anticlockwise? pls grow up it is not too late
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by CaptainEColeJnr: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Bottom line remains ... if Universities wanna conduct further exam.. they're still gonna do it undecided

Autonomy is not there for nothing.

Adamu smoke that
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by etayokha2004(f): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Meaning dey ve nt respected d law frm FG to scrap post UTME, which is bad for democracy. Some of the reasons was double examination and fees, let dem admit student wit Jamb marks and warn deir Lecturers to desist frm collecting blocking so dt any one who fail d 2semsters in a section wld be driven frm dt institution. Den d student will knw he/she is nt fit to go to sch.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Thobiy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
unapapadeycraze:
Why is it dat you people nor get sense? Post utme has not been scrapped, they changed the name to screening. Now you would hear "computer based screening", 'admission screening" e.t.c. If post utme was truly scrapped, jamb would be the one to admit students this year provided the candidates makes the school's and the department's cut off mark.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Sheggy13(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Silva79:
jamb should be scrapped. students should not be limited to choosing just two schools in jamb. if jamb is scrapped students should buy as many post utme forms as they wish to that way you sit for post utme in unilag futa lasu unaab laspotech mapoly and you are sure of gaining admission into any of this school \. you may even pass all the exams then you will be the one to chose the school you want to study
As good as your idea sounds, don't u think that would cause unnecessary duplication of admission of a single candidate in various institutions thereby lessening the chances of some other candidates as the lucky students concerned would have wasted those unwanted slots? There's still need for a regulatory body but I support your idea of giving more options than just two universities only.

1 Like

Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Silva79(f): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
Sheggy13:

As good as your idea sounds, don't u think that would cause unnecessary duplication of admission of a single candidate in various institutions thereby lessening the chances of some other candidates as the lucky students concerned would have waste those unwanted slots? There's still need for a regulatory body but I support your idea of giving more options than just two universities only.
nice point you got. but how is it done abroad? can you remember the nigerian that gained admission into 8 ivy league college? im sure she wrote all there exams
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Shabib(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
vargasvictory:
That's the importance of the whole scrapping thing, the diversity here.

I don't see the need to subject candidates to another round of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and all that, what then is the use of Jamb?

There's a whole other methods you can screen out the so-called Chaffs, there's oral tests, maybe essays, spatial reasoning and all that

'Cause I know schools in Nigeria would also love to fill their already fat pockets and would not submit to total removal of any exam grin

We were not complaining. Scrapping the post utme is a big mistake.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by CurrentSamuel(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
THIS COUNTRY IS BUT ENDING
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by square12345: 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Utme should go
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Olaskybab: 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Silva79:
who is thinking antiwise? you didnt contribute to the topic but was quick to term someone"s opinion as anticlockwise? pls grow up it is not too late
U're taking it 2 far dear. I'm very sorry.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by Brukeme(m): 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
when u find out that u ve one of d most harsh mother on planet earth...
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by hotspec(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Chrisrare:
I support post utme, its d best way to screen out unserious students. I know someone who scored 250 in jamb, but got 130 in post in utme.
Then, does dt make him/her a dullard. Did s/he write d 2 tests under d same condition? Read about Measurement and Evaluation in Education. Then.u will kno better
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by SC31(f): 11:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
etayokha2004:
Meaning dey ve nt respected d law frm FG to scrap post UTME, which is bad for democracy. Some of the reasons was double examination and fees, let dem admit student wit Jamb marks and warn deir Lecturers to desist frm collecting blocking so dt any one who fail d 2semsters in a section wld be driven frm dt institution. Den d student will knw he/she is nt fit to go to sch.
and how would they admit people,imagine where a sch has 2000 capacity to accommodate new students and you have over 50000 aspirants,how do they admit using jamb score madam...you'll now start seeing cases of oral test or interview,mind you some people are not out spoken or they have stage freight but they can put their answers into writing.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by DanielGb(m): 1:08am On Jun 22, 2016
They are waiting for one school to come out with a brilliant idea and they all embrace it. No sense of direction.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by kizyalex10(m): 4:37am On Jun 22, 2016
The universities have gotten used to the fact that they use this medium of post utme to estort students so much that scrapping it would be like taking the babe's mouth out of her mother's breast.so ther re creating a new avenue to plug thier mouth bck.post utme is jsst like handing the studnts admssions to school authorities who will eventually nt give admission on merit.but for those who paid more.during my time.i was the first set that wrote the post utme.2005 to be precise.then I vied for law.jamb I scored. 282 which 280 was d cut off for law.then I wrote d post jamb bulshit ndd got 276.i was denied law ndd I even had to beg for psychology .if nt for someone who helped me,276 for dey inside gutter.but was surprised someone I knew in my secondary school as olodo.studying law.he got 215 upon my enquiry,and paid 500k to a lecturer.today he Is a lawyer.wonder Hw many people he might have sent to jail due to his incompetence. Same with doctors,that where u see a case of a doctor,forgetting scissors on a patients stomach during sugery.or wrong diagnoses.mtcheew.it should be scrapped.period

1 Like

Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by wallace007(m): 6:26am On Jun 22, 2016
nawa o
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by superdanny10: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2016
It all sounds fair ta me....let's get on with em wink
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by joe4christ(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2016
vargasvictory:
That's the importance of the whole scrapping thing, the diversity here.

I don't see the need to subject candidates to another round of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and all that, what then is the use of Jamb?

[b]There's a whole other methods you can screen out the so-called Chaffs, there's oral tests, maybe essays, spatial reasoning and all that

'Cause I know schools in Nigeria would also love to fill their already fat pockets and would not submit to total removal of any exam grin

CAN u pls tell me what differentiates the bolded and the former means of screening generally known as post utme. Cos as far as I'm concerned, it's still same thing, just different name now, Cos I'm aware prospective applicants are asked to pay into the school account for registration and other fees.
Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by daveP(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
most schools are using the word 'screening' now. funny

pls do vote for Lanicky on top is threaded for Miss Nl

It's the semifinals of the Miss Nairaland contest, pls visit the thread and vote in this format for LanickyI vote Lanick

cc

Nljega

.https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3 Thanks.

henries246,Goldenboy01

1 Like

Re: Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme by abolade4uall: 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
MOSHOOD ABIOLA POLYTECHNIC, ABEOKUTA

ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!! 2016/2017 POST UTME

Obtain Your mapoly Screening Form:
ND FULL-TIME (#3,500), PART TIME, EVENING AND HND (#7500 for Application form and #3,500 for seat no; 11k altogether) EXCLUDING REGISTRATION FEE

@ TEMMY-EDU CONSULT
UNDER PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE, OKE SOKORI, ABEOKUTA; AND
SKATING GROUND, OPP. KING KIDDIES, POST OFFICE, PANSEKE, ABEOKUTA.
TEL: 08062631024;
Chart wt me on whatsapp, Fb, on 08062631024 and twitter wt @TEMMYEDUCONSULT

Discount on payment.
Wait & get registration.
Assistance on admission processing.
Counselling and guidance on your admission.
Assistance on accommodation.
Payment of acceptance & school fees.
Others. —

ELIGIBILITY
-Candidate must have scored 180 and above in
the 2016/2017 UTME
-Candidate must have chosen mapoly as their
first and/or second choice(s) in the 2016/2017
UTME.
-Others who did not choose the Polytechnic but
must have scored 180 are also eligible to

YOU CAN WRITE THE POST UTME OF MOSHOOD ABIOLAPOLYTECHNIC WITHOUT FILLING IT IN JAMB. ALL U NEED TO DO IS OBTAIN A CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM FROM THE SCHOOL ADMIN. YOU CAN OBTAIN IT BEFORE OR AFTER THE POST UTME.
FOR MORE INFO VISIT WWW.mapoly.edu.NG

Location: @kuto, Brewery Ita oshin, board carb going to OKE SOKORI, ALIGHT @ PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE, OKE SOKORI, ABK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar / What Is The Cut Off For Delta State University Post Ume?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.