Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (69527 Views)

Removed / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / Mirah Mehta-young American Lady Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by obailala(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
HandOfChukwu:
I employ myself, I'm not a lazy, uneducated person. Allowing foreigners to own African land is never a good thing, ask our Zulu friends down south, they will tell you. If Nigerians are so sad and pathetic that they can't operate a simple tomato farm then we might as well be allow ourselves to be re-colonised.
This is purely paranoia and xenophobia taken too far... Didn't she pay for the land like any one else?... Why should lands not be sold to her at all because she's a non-Nigerian?

I suppose you also harbour the same feelings towards every single foreign owned business in Nigeria, from manufacturing to retail outlets to even oil companies?... Foreigners should not be allowed to own properties in Nigeria because something distasteful happened in Zulu land; very wonderful idea you have there! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by phatjerry(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
HandOfChukwu:
Oyibos shouldn't be allowed to own land in Africa.

Butti y?
But Africans (eps Nigerians)owns several mansion's abroad. :'

Butti y?
But Africans (eps Nigerians)owns several mansion's abroad.
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by googlepikins: 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:
she is not the ordinary kind of tomatoes farmer you see everydayooooo

nairalanders wise up to propangda just google her name,she raise capital worth millions to start her tin tomatoes company in jos like dangote tomatoes company in kano

make any people nor deceive us say we are lazy.i know our people here in nairaland will take her for a local farmer.

just like if i tell you that a certificateless man is president in 1africa country

tomatoes farmer get grade
but we have young people in Nigeria who acquire cars of N50,000,000 . For showing off. The problem is our mentality. Everybody want oil money . Wether the job is there or not. We end up giving pastors money to pray for us to get oil job. How many people dey pray to make it in farming. It's just mentality problem not money.

4 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
landinfo:

Boy, did u read where it was written that "she owns several acres of land" which cost Millions of Naira

The summary of my talk is that she was rich/wealthy enough before cum-ng into the country just like the Jewish/Israeli millionaires farmers farming in Kwara state

Note: She is not POOOOOR abeg so u guys should not equate her with Nigerians suffering or looking for white-collar jobs abeeeeeg
You dey mind those yeye people

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by HandOfChukwu: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

i was going to ask who sell the land to her
I would like to know myself, knowing Africans they probably gave it to her for free to create employment, because most of them are too dumb and lazy to do anything themselves. In 2016 these things should not be happening in Africa's number one economy and the world's most populous black nation it's highly embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Kgdavid(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
What i don't understand is why the rich and wealthy of Nigeria are not into farming. I have definitely toyed with this idea

For those talking about whether she had money or not, i ask have you ever sat down, thought through an idea, wrote a business plan and sought for finance? if you have not done so, it is possible you are mentally poor and finance is not your problem.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Etinosajay(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
ever811:
did u hear that? Harvard university graduate,and one useless secondary school drop out is there looking for whit collar job..

Do you think if she had studied law, medicine or politics, she would be farming?

She is an entrepreneur. Not different from any other business man out there.

There are many Nigerians doing this, but it won't hit Frontpage because it's not news
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
Can someone please tell me why more Nigerians can't do this?.. Oh i forgot, we're all waiting for oil money from ND. And even when the ND oil money isn't forthcoming, we all have Buhari to blame.

Look beyond what she has done. Think of the financial support she has/had to make it happen. That is the difference. Do you know how many millions would have to be invested to be able to do what she is doing? That is the difference between the west and Africa. The west provides opportunities to succeed anywhere in the world. Nigeria doesn't. Also, just so you know she will have to pay tax in Nigeria and the U.S. She will pay tax in America for her business in Nigeria because America created the opportunity for her to be able to go to harvard, graduate, and later source for funds to set up a business in Nigeria. Sounds weird right? Like i said, don't just look at the now. Assess all the factors. Nigerians need to start wrapping their heads around the concept of how successful countries do things.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by quickly: 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
HandOfChukwu:
Oyibos shouldn't be allowed to own land in Africa.

why r u so myopic...any body that can bring development shd be welcomed
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by jesuspikinjp(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
HandOfChukwu:
I would like to know myself, knowing Africans they probably gave it to her for free to create employment, because most of them are too dumb and lazy to do anything themselves. In 2016 these things should not be happening in Africa's number one economy and the world's most populous black nation it's highly embarrassing.

brother, i shared your sentiment it is a shame that we still find it hard to feed ourself. Food should be cheapest thing in africa generally but reverse is the case people spend 50-60 percent of their earning on food

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by HandOfChukwu: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
This is purely paranoia and xenophobia taken too far... Didn't she pay for the land like any one else?... Why should lands not be sold to her at all because she's a non-Nigerian?

I suppose you also harbour the same feelings towards every single foreign owned business in Nigeria, from manufacturing to retail outlets to even oil companies?... Foreigners should not be allowed to own properties in Nigeria because something distasteful happened in Zulu land; very wonderful idea you have there! undecided
Yes, because they only come to Africa to exploit the land and the resources so they can boost their own nations economies thus leaving Africa at bottom of the barrel forever. In South Africa the whites own everything meaning the Africans have nothing and remain in shacks for all their lives.

You must find sense. Whites have never been a friend to Africa and they never will. We must control our own land or we will never get anywhere. Ask China.

5 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Maski87: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
All these CIA agents masquerading as farmers

4 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Etinosajay(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
Welcomme:
I swear I hav lost passion for education. To me, it is no longer useful. A secondary school eduction is okay so that one can read and write.

Let me guess.

When you read about one young scholar who became a professor tomorrow or pioneered ground breaking theories, you will want to get to the highest level of education, so you can be like that person. Isn't it?

You want to be one thing today, and another thing tomorrow.

Find who you are my friend, and be it, and stop envying other people
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
What sort of reasoning is this?... Are you sure you know the meaning of the word 'hypocrite' which you just used now?.... How is it your business what she intends to use her tomatoes for?.... and how do you expect 1 tomato farmer to bridge the tomato supply gap in the entire country?..

B4 you crucify me nigerians are hypocrite cos it's a white woman it has become news worthy. Aren't there local farmers doing same? Some even needs to be aided on how to store these produce yet theirs voices are not being heard, others who can't afford to buy large hectares are not encouraged now a white woman shows up and they gladly sell or even gave her their lands 4 free mtcheeeeew! U knw wat am talking about stop pretending

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Etinosajay(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
You don't necessarily need to 'own' the land before you can farm on it. Also, I believe we have 'big men' who can actually afford to buy the land if they wanted to buy it outright.

Do you know the cost implication of commercial farming on 2 acres? Let alone 100 heactares of land?

Try and Google who this woman is. You will know she studied this at Harvard, and she has finance to run this thing.

Or you think she studied computer science at Harvard and came to Nigeria to farm tomato?

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by seunfape(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
What is the essence of having university of Agriculture in Nigeria self.in fact no university in nigeria.
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
Davinex:
And we complain of unemployment. SMH
when you don't see value in what u have, people with vision will take it from you.
It's time we clear the cobwebs.

GBAMMMMMMM cool cool cool

Abeg help me tale dem cheesy
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by marxweller247: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
landinfo:

Boy, did u read where it was written that "she owns several acres of land" which cost Millions of Naira

The summary of my talk is that she was rich/wealthy enough before cum-ng into the country just like the Jewish/Israeli millionaires farmers farming in Kwara state

Note: She is not POOOOOR abeg so u guys should not equate her with Nigerians suffering or looking for white-collar jobs abeeeeeg
Men!! U just spoke mymind now, so I have nothing 2 sai, on point bro!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by seunfape(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
What is the essence of having university of Agriculture in Nigeria self.intact no university in Nigeria
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Rubyventures: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
Continue to sit on your lazy assess and wait for manner to fall from heaven, not to worry, you can always blame Buhari,
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Totfulguy: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
candidbabe:
Kudos to this lady.
I am a graduate running a restaurant business and people around me are thinking I have lost my senses because l resigned from a company where I worked.
There is nothing that gives you pleasure like being your own boss, totally in control of everything.

Fact!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Rubyventures: 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:
she is not the ordinary kind of tomatoes farmer you see everydayooooo

nairalanders wise up to propangda just google her name,she raise capital worth millions to start her tin tomatoes company in jos like dangote tomatoes company in kano

make any people nor deceive us say we are lazy.i know our people here in nairaland will take her for a local farmer.

just like if i tell you that a certificateless man is president in 1africa country

tomatoes farmer get grade

but you can start small like using small containers in your back yard, it is very easy to grow tomatoes, the cuttings from one plant can be regrown and you will soon have a full farm of tomatoes. A lazy man always looks for excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Welcomme: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Etinosajay:

Let me guess.

When you read about one young scholar who became a professor tomorrow or pioneered ground breaking theories, you will want to get to the highest level of education, so you can be like that person. Isn't it?

You want to be one thing today, and another thing tomorrow.

Find who you are my friend, and be it, and stop envying other people

Nigga, I cant envy evrybody but I just told u d truth. I am okay with my B.sc. To me, going for masters now is an absolute waste of my time.
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
Can someone please tell me why more Nigerians can't do this?.. Oh i forgot, we're all waiting for oil money from ND. And even when the ND oil money isn't forthcoming, we all have Buhari to blame.

The ordinary commoner in the north hardly benefits from the oil money, only the few elites at the top do, that is why we are not even bothered and can boldly tell the ND or anyone who ignorantly calls us parasites to go and drink their so call oyel while we are happy to hold on to what we already got - tomato (that many foolishly underestimate) just one among many.
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by candidbabe(f): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pavore9:

Why if l may ask?
PRIDE
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by jayAjoku(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
nice one my brother some will even say they will be better when biafra comes . People can be foolish sha
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Davinex:
when you don't see value in what u have, people with vision will take it from you.
Yimu. People like you never sell ordinary pure water before. You think anybody can just wake up one morning and decide to go cultivate tomatoes in acres of land talk more of a poor unemployed graduate? Do you know the millions of naira invested into that business?

Abeg carry your pseudo smart ass comot here. undecided
Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by HandOfChukwu: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
quickly:

why r u so myopic...any body that can bring development shd be welcomed
You are myopic, she is trying to take over an industry in Nigeria which will only be good for her long term and how do you know she is not here to introduce GMO disease causing produce to Nigeria to poison us? How do you know she's not a CIA agent here to help boko or create other problems? You must learn to think outside of the box when it comes to the whites because they are the snake from the Bible. Any time whites say they coming to help there is always and ulterior motif.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by GeorgeAmax(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
See a foreigner that identifies this great opportunity in our land. What is really wrong with us? We need to have a rethink in this country.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by donswaga: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
If that tomatoes is a natural tomatoes no problem. I will say thank you and God bless you for making our great nation proud why many can't see opportunity around them.

But if that tomatoes is artificial GMO products by mosanto. Hmmmm Hmmmm make I no talk pass like that.

But God Almighty will surely save us all from there evil plain. Make I dey go.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Davinex:
if you talk am now na trrue federalism some mumu go de talk

Shewunoshewa

guy how market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dwarf Plantian sucker and dwarf banana sucker is available. / Photos Of An Igbo Herdswoman Who Is A UNN Graduate / How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.