Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. (851 Views)

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / Lady Celebrates After Tracking Down Man Who Scammed Her Friend. Photo / Woman Burns Her Grandchild's Hands For Eating Indomie Against Her Wish. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Okay, grin returned home from work, as usual no power at home so I turned on the gen took my bath and decided to take a quick nap. On a second thought it's not a bad idea to see what's trending on nairaland cool. Just immediately after turning on my mobile data notifications started poring in as expected but one notification caught my attention. An email notification from my bank Diamond Bank to be precise. Opened it and noticed the sender Diamondbank@diamondbank.com with the title suspicious password change notification wow that caught my attention. I glanced through the email and I was told my mobile banking password which is linked to my email address was changed, but seriously by who I actually did change my email password few days ago but not my mobile banking password.
So I clicked the review button to understand what really happened, then suddenly my browser started loading a page. Looking at the url tab in my browser I could see diamondonline log in page. Like seriously? Am actually required to log in Now that's a real scam alert. As a computer geek I quickly decided to check the page url info and you can see the long strings of texts without diamond bank on it. A quick search on Google and I stormed on the real diamond bank website. And am not required to log in and the page info appears encrypted. So I decided to share this tip so you can confirm a cloned bank website and avoid ever being scammed. But then again how safe is our info's with this banks How did they get to know I changed my email password before sending me this email. How did they even know I use diamond bank? I suspect scammers work with bank staffs to send scam emails and fake credit alert sms. Something is wrong with the banking system.
Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Ogbulaba(m): 12:17am On Jun 22, 2016
all dis scammers sef dats how dey keep sending me messages dat my atm card has bn deactivated and I still dey use am withdraw money. ....... mods please move dis to fp

1 Like

Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2016
The email I received

Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2016
The fake diamond bank website I was linked to

Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2016
Page info of the fake website, in most android phone browsers press and hold the current page and click on page info. In Pc browsers simple click on the url tab where you type in the website tend to visit. And the website url will be displayed

Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 22, 2016
The real diamond bank website, I don't require my mobile banking password to log in

Re: Do Not Do This If You Don't Ever Wish To Be Scammed. by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 22, 2016
The real diamond bank url, you can see its secured with a valid certificate

(1) (Reply)

Pic Showing Emir Of Katsina And His Entourage Keenly Looking At Traffic Light / Life In Port Harcourt / How 12-year Old Boy Was Removed Alive Inside Molded Fence Blocks In Ondo (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.