Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26574 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by frankie7: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2016
[Guys...pls be certainly of your facts before coming out in a social media and start going bla bla bla...that same mail got to me as well...and when the deduction came...what only changed was my ledger balance (which was expected ) and not my current or actual balance...these are airtime you've purchased over time that the system hasn't deducted...I know I can't remember doing as low as 100s & 200s like you...the least I've done is 1000...and I've never had any reason to worry guys..and someone like me that does lots of travelling in & out of the country...I like to enjoy the services of a bank that provides me with ease (without failing) the kind of services I need that why I've stuck with gtbank for over 8 years now.. I'm just an ordinary married man and father that like making money and enjoys good things...do you by chance know what it means to have an Accounts manager...this would help though...thanks all
quote author=dollaflow post=46801461]was debited 200, 200, and 100 with out initiating any transaction today[/quote]
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by AnnTee: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2016
This Gtbank is becoming something else ooo sometime in may this year #2000 was deducted from my acct saying I made transfer to Naomi,since I was born till now I don't know any Naomi let alone transferring money to her. I called gtconnect tire no answer till now.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Zane2point4(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2016
MabraO:
All thanks to access bank
The other day I made a complaint here nd their md saw it nd directed one of their staff to call me nd rectify the issue I complained about nd alas it was done. That's image saving
Access bank I throway salute

It is good to bank with a bank that the owner isn't a criminal
Example of criminal banks are:

United Bank for Africa(UBA)
First Bank of Nig Plc
Guaranty Trust bank

Dey steal ur money nd tell u to go to hell
I wonder y Dey still ve their license
Nd y people still bank with dem
Bunch of criminals
I pity their staff working for criminals nd Dey say Dey ve legit job.. Theif people

FIRST BANK IS THE MOST CRIMIMAL (CORPORATE CRIMIMAL) CHARGING CUSTOMERS OUTRAGEOUS CHARGES, ACCOUT MAINTENANCE CHARGES, SMS, ATM MAINTENANCE CHARGE AND SO MANY NONSENSE CHARGES JUX TO RIP UR HARD EARNED MONEY. I JUX DUMPED THEM.THANK GOD MANY BANKS PLENTY.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lukman: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2016
They dod d same to me yesterday oo
How is it possible to load 100naira recharge card with 50naira balace
Yet dae stole it and still claim i'm owing dem 50box
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by DTalented(m): 7:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Me too. I recharged and my account was debited twice. I later received a message that they have returned my money but till today, i have not seen the refund
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kushma(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Me too recharged my acc #100 was debited from my bank acc but didn't receive any airtym
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by karenEngel: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing happened to me oh. I was debited 750 for credit that I didn't buy. This morning the refund has been done and my balance is back to normal.
If there is a debit that wasn't done at anytime, your book balance will be MORE than your available balance not the other way around. That way you know what you can actually withdraw from your account and be aware of a debit that hasn't been done on your account as well.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Collins2028(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=mayor2013 post=46793990]I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016.
The same GTBANK debited three times.#100 ×3=300. the description: Other transaction. I got three different SME show deduction from GTBANK. alert show debit of #100 in three different place. GTBANK need to explain what happened to there custom account holder. The message came in 19th of June 2016
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2016
This happened to me, mine was N2500 for a so called airtime transaction in January. I emailed them, they responded that it was a debit for an airtime I bought in January. I responded and made it clear I never bought an airtime that I was not debited for immediately.

The next morning, the money just show back for my account.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2016
i received same alert yesterday and i didnt request for airtime...
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mubeela(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2016
No b onli GTB ooo. Evn FCMB
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by adigun002(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2016
It happened to me too. I got the message that my account will be debited on 16th of june but that the money won't be deducted, but to my outmost surprise 300 naira was deducted from my account on the 20th.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dikeigbo2(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2016
RichDad1:
Diamond bank is going same thing.
Whenever I ty to recharge my etisalat, I'll get debited and wnot receive the airtime. angry

It's true my dear ,Diamond bank has done that to me,after debiting,no trace of the Mtn recharge purchased. Its a very wicked act.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mokwu1974(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2016
Same with me
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lucia34(f): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
I got same debit alert message thrice yesterday, I will go to their branch here later today. I was scared to death they hacked into my account I had to transfer my cash to another bank. If they can't manage this 737 thing, they should stop it biko.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by shegzan(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
wow... God orders d steps of d righteous!! I used d last 3h in my account to recharge abt 2 weeks ago!!
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Helena6(f): 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks for this post. Git same alert yesterday fir N1,500 airtime. I tried calling their contact centre but couldn't get through. I would continue today. I also checked my balance and noticed the aurtime is not on my line! Can any GTB insider explain this?
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by sameniceguy(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing here. I was debited of 1000 naira just 2 days ago. I intend to call etisala today
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Umamman(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2016
may god bless u my broda, i swear d tin tired me
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by asaju10(m): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank
wow! I thought am d only affected, mine is exactly like that
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by opeyemi361: 8:38am On Jun 23, 2016
GTB scammed me. I complained but they gave flimsy excuse. They said I bought the card in Jan 2016 and also check d previous and the present balance, see how much was deducted

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by oloworulz(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2016
2000naira was deducted from my account. two transactions, 1k each. they call it airtime recharge transaction.... I didn't purchase it online. seems I will go back to my kolo saving box
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lexylexy(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Mehn u guys are dulling o,una still dey call their branches? STORM THE NEAREST BRANCH and bombard them with complaints,abuse them if u must,this is DAYLIGHT ROBBERY! The truth of d matter is dat dey wuld only listen to u when u cause a scene and since dis looks like a mass robbery,u will surely get pple to support ur cause.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mitchyy(f): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here o. I just got a debit alert yesterday of 1000 airtime transaction which i never did and i checked my line, no 1000 airtime in it. What's wrong with GTB's system? Are they trying to make money off us?
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by myaokija(f): 8:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Dem debited my acct too.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dadebayo1(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Samething happened to me. I received a debit for 200naira airtime and 100naira airtime on the.. I don't understand why they decided to debit my account when I did not initiate the transaction.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Bimpe29: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Mayor, I got the same alert yesterday for an airtime of #1,000 I never bought.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Godmann(m): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2016
Life4Varnity:
SO SORRY TO SAY THIS BIG TRUTH.

IT IS NOT GTB BUT FRAUDSTERS BASICALLY ON HACKING. THEY WILL CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE FROM GTB CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT YOUR BVN HASNT BEEN VERIFIED SO YOU WILL BE LIKE WTF. IT IS VERIFIED AND THEY WILL ASK YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR CARD NO AND PIN SO THEY MAKE VERIFICATION ONCE AGAIN. ONCE U DROP THIS INFO. MY BROTHER MY SISTER YOU GONE FOR LIFE.(smiley

WITH THAT INFO. THERE IS A GTB PORTAL WEBSITE THEY WILL VISIT THE SITE AND USE THAT INFO TO MAKE SELF CARE ONLINE TRANSFER OR TOP UP RECHARGE CARD.

THIS ARE THE TRICKS. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. I GO EXPLAIN.

GUYZ THEY HUSSTLE. JUST BEWARE AND FOR THOSE LADIES OUT THERE THAT LOVES DISTURBING GUYZ FOR RECHARGE CARD. PLS LIMIT IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE. SOMEONE RECHARGE MY LINE FROM ABIA A FRIEND OF MINE. HE ID SUCH THING. IT WAS GOD MERCY THAT SAVED ME. IF U DONT HAVE CALL CARD. BORO FROM UR NETWRK. BAE, STOP LOOKING FOR AWOOF CARD O. ALL THIS OUR GUYZ OF THIS DAYS ARE SCAMMERS, NOT ALL BUT FEW. NOT FEW BUT MANY.

YOU GOT IT ? THANK ME LATER

Lies from the pit of Hell. I have never given out my card PAN nor the Pins but they have debited my accounts severally
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2016
My account has been debited too yesterday
Now I have a balance deficit

That is if I do transaction with them again will they take any dime from me

They are cheats
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by walelamina: 9:15am On Jun 23, 2016
I EXPERIENCED THE SAME OOOO, THEY DEDUCTED 400 NAIRA FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR AIRTIME RECHARGE WHICH I DIDNT BUY ON 12TH DECEMBER, 2015, THEY SHOULD BE REPORTED TO CBN.

Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

We wish to inform you that a Debit transaction occurred on your account with us.

The details of this transaction are shown below:
Transaction Notification

Account Number : ******3952
Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : OTHER TRANSACTION
Amount : 400.00
Value Date : 22-Jun-2016
Remarks : AIRTIME_101CT0000000000106543455_12/31/2015_2347030447118
Time of Transaction : 1:26 PM
Document Number : 0
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by yoddy(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank

In my own case, i got same email on same date but truth is they had already blocked off the money for airtime purchase on my account. If they did not block it off when the transactions were made then its their loss. Try to visit a branch and have them reconcile ur account.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kingawo(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2016
same here. I recieved the alert a day b4 yday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paid In Full: How I Am Making Income Online In 2017 / Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.