Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Egusi Soup Everywhere - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Soup Everywhere (901 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egusi Soup Everywhere by JNdupu: 12:11am On Sep 02, 2009
It's ramadan and traditionally, my mum sends bachelor packs of one kind of soup to last me through the month. This year, my fridge/freezer is overloaded with packs of Egusi soup.

I'm struggling to contrive different accompaniments to Egusi beyond eba and Rice (these are the only things this lazy man can rustle together without involving fire brigade). Any other ideas for simple meals? Somebody suggested egusi sandwich is not that bad?

TIA
Re: Egusi Soup Everywhere by JeSoul(f): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
Lets see . . . easy combinations for a bachelor who doesn't want to burn down the building?  cheesy

-Egusi goes well with different kinds of pasta - linguini, angel hair, penne etc 

-I've also tried egusi with boiled plantain - yummy! kiss you can throw boiled yam or potatoes (esp the pink/sweet ones) into the mix if you like

-Also I've seen egusi with bread pulled off, you can go for it if you're feeling adventurous
Re: Egusi Soup Everywhere by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2009
Potatoes
fried or Boiled Plantain
Bread(maybe)
Yam
Pasta
Re: Egusi Soup Everywhere by JNdupu: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2009
Pasta!

Bingo!!

As the first lady mentioned, there are many variations of Pasta too, one for each day of fasting perhaps.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Wish To Make My 2011 Christmas And New Year Celebrations Exceptional! / World's Largest Mcdonald's Being Built For 2012 Olympic Games / Beer Battered Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.