Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others (22722 Views)

Atiku Abubakar: Buhari & APC Side-lined Me After I Helped Them Win 2015 Election / Forgery: Why We Dropped Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others / Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by midolian(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
No fewer than 15 witnesses have been lined up by the Federal Government in the forgery case brought against the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu.

Others due to appear before the court on Monday for allegedly forging the Senate Standing Rules 2015 are a former Clerk of the National Assembly, Salisu Maikasuwa, and the Acting Deputy Clerk of the National Assembly‎, Benedict Efeturi.

In the court summons pasted on the Notice Board of the National Assembly on Tuesday, about 15 witnesses were listed by the Federal Government to testify against the defendants.

Among the witnesses are Senator Solomon Ewuga, Senator Ita Enang, Senator Ajayi Borrofice, Senator Kabiru Marafa, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Senator Abu Ibrahim, Senator Ahmad Lawan and David Igbodo, an Assistant Superintendent of Police.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/141025/forgery-15-witnesses-lined-saraki-ekweremadu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by baybeeboi: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Midolian
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by midolian(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hmmm..Too many problems for one man.

Saw him on channels some minutes ago and I felt for him. He has grown so lean. If the SP seat was not his inheritance, I would have advised him to resign.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by baybeeboi: 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
midolian:
yes?

angry angry angry

No vex, i just carry u book space. Remain here till i ready to collect my space back.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Dannyset(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
Saraki will ask this Judge too to disqualify himself! cheesy Even Danladi is laughing him in swahili grin
Sarathief is a goner!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by fulanimafia: 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
The forgers have finally been served the summons they have been evading for days; the only reason they were not arraigned today.

With 15 witnesses, the Judge had better allow a broadcast the arraignment LIVE because Nigerians cannot be robbed of the pleasure of watching Sarathief & Okoromadu trying to twist themselves out of this one in the presence of 15 witness accounts (including Senators).

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by BossKratos: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
angry

Abeg "sarathief and okoromadu" should get lost and not waste any ones time!

Its clear the process that brought them in was flawed! And so far their stewardship of the senate has been horrendous!

_Fuck them!

21 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Senate says their rules weren't forged.

How is it the business of the Executive?

Senate summons Attorney General over forgery charges against Saraki, Ekweremadu

The Nigerian Senate has summoned the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to explain the basis for the forgery charges pressed against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu.

The resolution to summon Mr. Malami followed a motion by Dino Melaye who said on Tuesday that “there is impending threat to democracy” and that the executive arm of government plans to enthrone “one man rule”.

The senate wants the AGF to “explain and justify his action with evidence and why it does constitute gross abuse of his office”.

Six senators spoke in “total support” of the motion, saying “it is time to defend democracy”.

The government accuses Messrs. Saraki and Ekweremadu of falsifying the Senate Rules used in electing Mr. Saraki as senate president in June 2015.

The controversial election took place against the wish of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, which Mr. Saraki belongs to.

The senators said Tuesday the Standing Rules used for the elections of their presiding officers were not forged.

Speaking after the motion had passed, Mr. Ekweremadu said, “those who are using their office to persecute others should remember no condition is permanent”.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205671-senate-summons-attorney-general-forgery-charges-saraki-ekweremadu.html

4 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by StOla: 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
LadyExcellency:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205671-senate-summons-attorney-general-forgery-charges-saraki-ekweremadu.html

So the many senators lined up as prosecution witnesses are executive senators?

Try to think harder before typing.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
StOla:

What matters is what the majority says. The Attorney General invite stands and he can't ignore it.

Some disgruntled elements will have their say while the majority have their way.

The Executive got no business or power over the internal rules of the Senate. The rules were used for virtually every business of the government till date and there is still no motion on the floor of the Senate calling for reversal, amendment or otherwise of 2015 Senate Standing Rules hence the accusation is frivolous, void and of no effect whatsoever.

Simply put, the Executive lacks the locus standi to challenge rules in court - simple

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by amaechi1: 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
StOla:

My brother, anyone is entitled to his opinion and that is beauty of democracy. However, I have noticed that what ever that will displace ot affect these senators, is usually seen as an attack to democracy. But, when it is not against them, it becomes democracy in action.

I still do not understand, when come and clear your name becomes at the court comes a crime. Saraki, should do the needful and allow the attorney general to do his work.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by koboko69: 12:10am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What matters is what the majority says. The Attorney General invite stands and he can't ignore it.

Some disgruntled elements will have their say while the majority have their way.

The Executive got no business or power over the internal rules of the Senate. The rules were used for virtually every business of the government till date and there is still no motion on the floor of the Senate calling for reversal, amendment or otherwise of 2015 Senate Standing Rules hence the accusation is frivolous, void and of no effect whatsoever.

Simply put, the Executive lacks the locus standi to challenge rules in court - simple

U av been spaming every political thread on this forum with kindergarten submissions. I think you should take a break, and let wailing elders do the job. You messing things up for them.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by tomakint: 12:16am On Jun 22, 2016
This is where inordinate ambition had landed Saraki! No matter how hard the Senate tries to deny this allegation, a scape goat in the person of Bukola Saraki will still be sacrificed on the altar just for one reason - desperation! I don't expect any of these SINators to own up that they forged the Senate Rule just to put Saraki there by all means so that some of them can corner the juicy committees, however, let it be known by all and sundry that what these "selected senators" did against the Rule of the Senate is criminal in nature and will not be condone and I suggest, should not be condone.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by doctokwus: 12:45am On Jun 22, 2016
Senators against senators.I forsee saraki doing sth foolish soon out of frustration.
But truth be told,this pmb govt is one of the most calculative and brutal machines ever faced by any criminally exposed politician.They come at u like a bulldozer from all sides,with the minutest detail not left untouched.
I fear for Saraki and ekweremadu's health.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by doctokwus: 12:49am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Which senate?
Marafa,Lawan and ojudu also belong to d same senate

9 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by SuperS1Panther: 1:00am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You are very funny.

Members of the Senate wrote the Nigerian Police for investigation of the forgery. NP investigated and confirmed that there was an established case of forgery and it submitted her report to the office of the AGF. The last time i checked, forgery is part of the listed crimes in this country.AGF only acted within the law to bring to justice the people that perfected the forgery or are you in support of forgery?

Wetin concern Executive in this?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by mrjangaweed: 1:18am On Jun 22, 2016
[s]
midolian:

Saw him on channels some minutes ago and I felt for him. He has grown so lean. If the SP seat was not his inheritance, I would have advised him to resign.
[/s]
na so you go dey talk am till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by aieromon(m): 2:29am On Jun 22, 2016
A couple of years ago,these people never feared going to court because they knew how to extract injunctions and restraining orders.

These days when they hear court,they be like "who I offend!".

When the prosecution team presents members of your "family" as witnesses,you know there is fire on the mountain.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by ashjay001(m): 2:55am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

All these ur latin dey fear me sef!

But, from a layman's point of view; a forgery was carried out in a state institution, and a petition was written by an active sinator. The police carried out investigations and referred d results to d AGN's office. Is NASS a private biz? What stops d next opposition party from forging rules to swear in their preferable candidate?

Gone are d days of impunity, we should always be answerable for our crimes against laid down rules and regulations!

29 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by vedaxcool(m): 5:02am On Jun 22, 2016
[s]
LadyExcellency:

[/s]

There is no greater disappointment than a father witnessing his daughter incapable of making sensible statement long after attaining adulthood. I suggest you limit your contribution to shutting up and just moping.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 22, 2016
How some people reason wow's me...

Inordinate ambition - was an election not held?

He should resign - why? Because the party does not support him?

Numerous charges - media blackmail, is he not in top lead?

Forgery case - is it not obvious the senators dont want a change in leadership?..

We have our economy to revive, not playing around, moreover i wld like a saraki and madu there to checkmate the president, because his nepolistic nature is getting out of hand..

We should be careful as a nation.. i did support his appointments before (may the beat man lead), but after discussions and poundering, it is a bad precedent being set aswell as how dictorial rules sprung up in war nations. Even within the APC, are their not technocrats and people in direct position of other tribes and religion to work with?

Dont be blind, be a zombie, but be an enlightened one.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by kcnwaigbo: 5:35am On Jun 22, 2016
StOla:

It is not by the no of witnesses but rather by the merit of the case!! The prosecution's case is very very weak.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by kcnwaigbo: 5:39am On Jun 22, 2016
doctokwus:
Senators against senators.I forsee saraki doing sth foolish soon out of frustration.
But truth be told,this pmb govt is one of the most calculative and brutal machines ever faced by any criminally exposed politician.They come at u like a bulldozer from all sides,with the minutest detail not left untouched.
I fear for Saraki and ekweremadu's health.

Te same way you people made so much noise about the CCT case,so how far with it today.Calculative ko calculator ni

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 5:53am On Jun 22, 2016
koboko69:

U av been spaming every political thread on this forum with kindergarten submissions. I think you should take a break, and let wailing elders do the job. You messing things up for them.

At your your age, you still don't know what is called spamming.

It's unfortunate to see a zombie feeling funky in his/her ignorance. As the wise saying goes, he who doesn't know, and fails to understand his predicament is too dangerous a human and that's exactly you. Go back to your hut and get locked up.

If I may ask, can you point to one of my postulations or analysis that was invalidated by course of actions, national discuss or matters arising?

My post history is classically manifestation of wisdom, sense of balance, in-depth analyses/ critiques and constructive criticism.

Hitting yourself against reality, democratic norms and supporting tyranny is justice by your definition.

Obdurate Hypocrite.

5 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by AlPeter: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2016
midolian:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/141025/forgery-15-witnesses-lined-saraki-ekweremadu

Lalasticlala
winch hunt wizard... Hunt? Abeg make them do fast arrest and demote them thiecves

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by modath(f): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2016
midolian:

Mouthed Mido ooo!! cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by midolian(m): 6:51am On Jun 22, 2016
modath:

Mouthed Mido ooo!! cheesy grin cheesy
grin grin

True na..its not always easy to part with ones inheritance.

4 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by OlujobaSamuel: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2016
nice one
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by modath(f): 6:57am On Jun 22, 2016
midolian:
grin grin

True na..its not always easy to part with ones inheritance.

I totally agree with you, he didn't plan any kind of life Outside political parasitic one, I can't blame him...

Any idea of being president is dead sha!!

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by koboko69: 6:59am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

At your your age, you still don't know what is called spamming.

It's unfortunate to see a zombie feeling funky in his/her ignorance. As the wise saying goes, he who doesn't know, and fails to understand his predicament is too dangerous a human and that's exactly you. Go back to your hut and get locked up.

If I may ask, can you point to one of my postulations or analysis that was invalidated by course of actions, national discuss or matters arising?

My post history is classically manifestation of wisdom, sense of balance, in-depth analyses/ critiques and constructive criticism.

Hitting yourself against reality, democratic norms and supporting tyranny is justice by your definition.

Obdurate Hypocrite.

It wasn't a crime advising u to stop littering this section with submissions of poor and little intelligence. I remember ur analogy of the budget and paying salaries yesterday. What we discuss here is way beyond ur political intelligence, u should probably stick to just name callings, like Zombie, Buhari is a this and that, u will garner more likes like that, rather than disgracing ursef trying to explain or evaluating what u have zero knowledge about.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by omenka(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2016
Serving senators lined up as witnesses.
Thieves know how best to catch thieves. Wonder how Saraipod would survive this.

6 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by omenka(m): 7:09am On Jun 22, 2016
midolian:

No, let him sit tight until something bigger than a wrecking ball blasts him off the seat.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nureni Jimoh Locked Up In Kano Office 24 Hours After Court Ruling / 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention / Nigeria's Era Of Big Spending For Election Is Disappearing - Al Jazeera (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.