Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. (3943 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning / Fayose Salutes Buhari, Begs Nigerians To Accept Presidential Poll Result / Lagos-Anambra Crisis Ben Akabueze Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 1:31am On Sep 02, 2009

The man in the middle,

Commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget

BEN AKABUEZE ,Commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget
A distinguished banker, accountant, economist and administrator, he holds a first class B.Sc degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos . A fellow of the Institute of chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) and Member, Nigeria Economic Summit Group, he has over 19 years experience in banking rising to the apex of the profession as Managing Director/Chief Executive of NAL Bank Plc (2000-2005) and
Executive Director, Sterling Bank Plc from January to August 2006. he served as Lagos state commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget January to May 29th 2007.

grin grin grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Nchara: 2:00am On Sep 02, 2009
What happened to NAL merchant bank under Akabueze?
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 2:06am On Sep 02, 2009
I don't know what happened , so tell me.

Well, we're talking about lagos state budget planner, not NAL merchant bank manager.

we do have lousy jobs sometimes, grin grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Nchara: 2:16am On Sep 02, 2009
I asked that question based on the seemingly sycophantic manner you praised Ben. I agree that he could have become a later day repentant in mgt techniques, otherwise NAL Merchant Bank is not one of the banks we have today. Questions should be asked as to whether it was run down like our present day bankers are doing. Tomorrow if Erastus or Cecilia becomes a minster (something that is not unlikely in Nigeria), he/she will be seen as a super banker/manager.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 2:43am On Sep 02, 2009
I see where you're coming from but you still have not clearly opined what happened at this other bank and how it was his fault.

I'm not trying to discredit your claim, I just want to know and equip my self with that knowledge.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Beaf: 2:58am On Sep 02, 2009
babapupa:

I don't know what happened , so tell me.

Well, we're talking about lagos state budget planner, not NAL merchant bank manager.

we do have lousy jobs sometimes, grin grin

First the title, then the "we". . .

Oni Ojuelegba, are you trying to claim that a very rude common man like you with a few basic image editing skills is Fashola?

. . .Na so dem dey start, until one day dem go comot cloth for market angry

Plonker.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 3:07am On Sep 02, 2009
I feel your pain Beaf, but I'm not falling for your bait today. This is a positive thread dedicated to a great Lagosian and the best Budget Planner in Nigeria.

grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by IGWEUSA(m): 4:05am On Sep 02, 2009
Nchara:

What happened to NAL merchant bank under Akabueze?
I guess they didnt meet the 25 billion naira recapitalisation deadline during Soludos tenure as CBN chairman.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by DisGuy: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2009
Kudos to Lagos state for appointing 'the best budget planner in the land' not minding his tribe or religion
if only other states stop shouting marginalisation and actually do the right thing tongue
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by candylips(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2009
nigerians have an advance case of collective amnesia undecided
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by illusion2: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2009
Dis Guy:

Kudos to Lagos state for appointing 'the best budget planner in the land' not minding his tribe or religion
if only other states stop shouting marginalisation and actually do the right thing tongue

Well said. . .
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by olabukola: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
This is rubbish, don't we have indigens that are more capable than him? He appointed his friend simple.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2009
What does it matter? the bobo get more than enough qualification to do the job.

And wetin you mean by "we"?

Is Ben Akabueze not a Lagosian?
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Bialegend(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2009
Dis Guy:

Eastern states that are being marginalized (proofs abound) have done that many years before any state in the west could ever do same. So, its not a big deal for Eastern states as Enugu state still presently has a Yoruba in it's state government workforce.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2009
Let's not get into the tribal thing, esp' with claims that we can not back up with facts.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by canuck(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2009
I've heard exceptional feedback about Akabueze; the guy is doing a good job.

But the person worthy of greater commendation is Gov Fashola who looked beyond ethnic considerations to appoint an Okoro to his cabinet.

PS: Babapupa - E be like say you dey do solidarity with Akabueze b'cos im yellow like you!!!

Igbo kwenu! Kwenu!
Yoruba kwenu!! Beeni!
Hausa kwenu!!!  Yowa!!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by olabukola: 1:20am On Sep 03, 2009
babapupa:

What does it matter? the bobo get more than enough qualification to do the job.
And wetin you mean by "we"?
Is Ben Akabueze not a Lagosian?
When did Akabueze become a yoruba name? Stop fooling yourself, if he is a Lagosian then all those motor part dealers are legosian and the all the almajiris deported are lagosians as well. You chose him as a logosian cuz hez rich and friend to gov.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Nchara: 1:35am On Sep 03, 2009
Ben Akabueze was not appointed by Fashola. Tinubu did and Fashola only, of course gracefully, retained him. Somebody made a point: If Ben, an Igbo, is considered a Lagosian, why are the deported almajiris not Lagosians? Or is Lagos only interested in adopting rich and economically useful others?
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2009
I've heard exceptional feedback about Akabueze; the guy is doing a good job.

But the person worthy of greater commendation is Gov Fashola who looked beyond ethnic considerations to appoint an Okoro to his cabinet.

PS: Babapupa - E be like say you dey do solidarity with Akabueze b'cos im yellow like you!!!

Igbo kwenu! Kwenu!
Yoruba kwenu!! Beeni!
Hausa kwenu!!!  Yowa!!!!
This is what we hope to spread across the land.

The General Manager of Lagos State Infrastructural Maintenance Agency (LASIMA) "Joe Igbokwe" is another Igbo man in his cabinet.

I'm blacker than  babadudu sha grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 5:27am On Sep 03, 2009
When did Akabueze become a yoruba name? Stop fooling yourself, if he is a Lagosian then all those motor part dealers are legosian and the all the almajiris deported are lagosians as well. You chose him as a logosian cuz hez rich and friend to gov.

If you live in and call lagos home, make a living in lagos, eat in lagos, shit in lagos and pay tax in lagos, you're a lagosian.

The size of his pocket is irrelevant, tell me he's incompetent and unqualified and I'll walk over to Alausa and slap the hell out of Fashola myself. It's all about competency, not tribal affiliations and sentiments. It's indeed a new day. grin

Motor part dealers are lagosians too. gets used to it grin

aligning Ben with almajiris sounds a weird. Anyways, send your almajiri concerns to Alausa, this is about the Best Budget Planner In The Land. grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 5:37am On Sep 03, 2009
Ben Akabueze was not appointed by Fashola. Tinubu did and Fashola only, of course gracefully, retained him. Somebody made a point: If Ben, an Igbo, is considered a Lagosian, why are the deported almajiris not Lagosians? Or is Lagos only interested in adopting rich and economically useful others?

Send your almajiri concerns to Alausa, this is about the Best Budget Planner In The Land. You fit tell Fashola to send Ben packing next time den ship almajiris up north. grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by olabukola: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2009
babapupa:

By force? No wonder people here call us chameleons. Today they are omo ibo spare part dealers, tomorrow the are legosians/yorubas.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by presido1: 10:57am On Sep 03, 2009
olabukola:

By force? No wonder people here call us chameleons. Today they are omo ibo spare part dealers, tomorrow the are legosians/yorubas.
Lol is this guy for real?.

babapupa:

Can they be Lagosians without being yoruba. If they are we do sleezy80 keep on saying they should go back to Onitcha or Aba their homeland.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Bialegend(m): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2009
babapupa:

Let's not get into the tribal thing, esp' with claims that we can not back up with facts.

Ewu, you should first advise your Yoruba brothers that started turning this into ehtnic issue by writing something like "if only other states stop shouting marginalisation"
Since you can not get up your lazy arrss and search for the facts, then let me put the record straight for you and your ilk who seem to believe that an Igbo person serving in the Lagos government is the first ever in nigeria.
It is on record that the first mayor of Enugu was an hausa/fulani man called Malam Umaru Altine. This was in the 60's when such thing would never happen in other parts of nigeria.

It is on record today that Festus Adedayo (sorry, Festus Adebayo is Igbo name) was a Special Assistant to the immediate past governor of Enugu state.
So, what's actually the fuse about Ben Akabueze and the stupid comments like "other states should emulate" ? You should be better off preaching such nonsense to your awusa masters and other minority camaradies of the Yoruba nation who so much hate the Igbos. Igbo people have been doing this before all of you and are still doing same presently.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by salinco(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
The funny situation keep repeating itself for many years, where u will have officer asking u if u’r a Lagosian before given a job, promoted, converted in many cases. May God save this country ooooo. We should try 2 see ourself as 1. and also respect individual differences.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by sjeezy8: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2009
presido1:

Lol is this guy for real?.
Can they be Lagosians without being yoruba. If they are we do sleezy80 keep on saying they should go back to Onitcha or Aba their homeland.

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRIBES, IF YOU ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING TO LAGOS GO BACK TO YOUR STATE OF ORIGIN INCLUDING YORUBA MIGRANTS
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ewu, you should first advise your Yoruba brothers that started turning this into ehtnic issue by writing something like "if only other states stop shouting marginalisation"

I'm still trying not to get into the tribal and ethnic thing. We know how to highlight good leaders regardless of their tribal or ethnic affiliations.

The guys is part of a wonderful team, he's part of the great Lagos transformation process. I read a news article about the guy taking the state's budgetary and financial policies straight to the people @ a town hall meeting, he explained how the state collects, invest and spends tax payer's money including balance sheets. This I believe is a positive slippery slope to full scale accountability and responsive governance and a very new thing in the country we call Nigeria.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2009

I'm not saying they are Indigenous.

Fashola is everybody's governor and omo ibo spare part dealers living and paying taxes in lagos are lagosians. They are part of the system and melting pot called lagos.

I'm very much aware per the negative BS we get from certain areas of Nigeria but responding like wise puts us in the same foul basket.
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Beaf: 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
^Devil trying to look innocent. shocked
There is no greater tribalist and "narrow worlder" than babapupa, but if this thread is a genuine rebirth, it will be encouraged. . . Just choose a better topic next time; also, don't sound too obvious, it makes we good folk think you're not being 100% straight with us. cool
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by babapupa: 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
Trust me, I have no problem confronting tribal and hate mongers and taking them to the wood shed , same way I have no problem highlighting positive stuff across the room.

That I don't think you know anything about Mr Beaf, grin
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by Beaf: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2009
I just called you a narrow minded, tribal, hate monger (in case you didn't understand). . . But I thought you were redeeming yourself (are you now in the wood shed?).
Re: Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. by canuck(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2009
Kulu-kulu-kulu temper grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Nasfat Dissociates Self From Boko Haram / Baba Love Lives!!! / BREAKING NEWS: Fatal Accident On Lagos-ibadan Expressway [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.