Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. (1272 Views)

Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) / Career Prospects Of An Hnd Mechanical Engineering Graduate / Is It Possible 4me 2get Job In State Civil Service Wit My HND Cgpa 2.47/5 PASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by tj1981(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
i graduated with pass cgpa 2.47 on a 5.00 scale in HND mechanical engineering.is it possible for me to get a job?
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by shrimati(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
tj1981:
i graduated with pass cgpa 2.47 on a 5.00 scale in HND mechanical engineering.is it possible for me to get a job?
I know HND to have total accumulative CGPA of 4 points.
Which sch is that one that has 5points
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by Naturallyme: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hurry up, go and learn a skill in mechanical engineering most especially design software. AutoCAD, pdms etc. I bet you, you will get a job before the best student in your class. In cases like this, ur skill will give you an edge
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
So all your years in school, what you could come out with is pass? U 4 kukuma learn trade be dat nah!
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by superstr: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Cgpa is always considered, but their many things to getting. Check www.careerlinko.com to learn more.
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by MrAdroit(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
sowie o bro, wich polytechnic did u grad frm? all polytechnics use d 4 point system for grading students

Buh seriously, u no try o...dat grade's kinda low
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by saintkeppy(m): 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
That grade 2.47/5.00 is from a University which is second class Lower Division a.k.a 2.2. Polytecnic grade is on 4-point scale. So broda tell us where you got ur 5-point scale from
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by tj1981(m): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2016
federal poly ilaro .they use 5.00 scale.
Re: Is It Possibe For Me To Get A Job With Cgpa 2.47/5.00 -pass-hnd Mechanical.engr. by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2016
Have a look at this. I believe it will help.

This post is in response to a question by one of my fans who doesn’t want his name mentioned.

QUESTION: “Beautiful morning Mr. Patrick. Please with 2.39 which is pass in a polytechnic system, would it be possible for me to get a job without connection? What are my chances of being employed?”

ANSWER: To be candid, It’s going to be very tough for you out there considering the fact that you’ll be competing with a lot of Distinction and Upper Credit graduates. Not to mention University graduates. I advice you apply to the University through direct entry to cover your deficiency. But you must sit up. University education is more tasking than Polytechnic education. I’m saying from personal experience because I’ve experienced both levels of education.

If You think that would be difficult, you may consider the other option which is to hit the job market. If you opt for this, then You must;

Work on your psyche or mindset to get rid of any form of inferiority complex associated with your grade.
Work on your communication skills (verbal and written). You can achieve that by reading books, watching English movies, taking note of strange words, checking them up in the dictionary for the correct spelling, pronunciation and usage. Avoid vernacular and pidgin English.
Acquire a Masters Degree through PGD and/ or professional certification.

Know the practical aspect of your profession. A lower grade/class of degree or diploma means you didn’t perform well theoretically. Since every profession has got a practical and theoretical aspect, there is good news for You. Only if You’ll swallow your pride, now is the best time for You to gain practical knowledge which will give You an edge over other candidates with excellent results. If you read Electrical Engineering, go and learn from the man at the road side.

Network: Make friends with people who know people in position to help. E.g. You may not have access to the CEO of a company. But You may know someone who knows him. You can approach that person and ask him/her to connect you to the CEO. When You eventually gain access to the decision makers, tell them what you can offer.

Good luck.

Source: https://patrickokunima.com/2016/06/22/did-you-graduate-with-a-pass-or-third-class-or-you-know-someone-who-did-heres-a-word-of-advice-for-you/

tj1981:

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Job Search And Interview Success / I Need To Relocate!!!please Advice Me / At 35-yr-old Looking For Career Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.