Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria (1069 Views)

Ondo Fake Prophet Arrested In His Shrine Inside A Bush. Photos / Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna / Andrew Ejimadu Arrested In Zambia For Sleeping With A Minor. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by miteolu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ramadan is a special month of the year for the over one billion Muslims throughout the world. It is determined by the lunar cycle and will run until July 5 this year. For Muslims it is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God and self-control.

During fasting, strict restrictions are followed. Muslims are not allowed to eat or drink during daylight hours. Smoking and sexual relations are also forbidden. At the end of the day, the fast is broken with prayer and a meal called the "Iftar."

Since Ramadan began on June 6, Kano police have deployed its men to strategic places in the state to ensure compliance with the rules of Ramadan. Those who are found to be violating the rules have been arrested and held for interrogation.

Deputy Commandant of Kano's Hisbahm, Nabahani Usman, said that those arrested would be prosecuted and be sentenced according to the law. "We hold them at Hisbah for at least two days to teach them the importance of fasting," Usman said. He added that every adult Muslim must observe the holy month.

According to Islamic teachings, fasting helps one feel compassion for those who are less fortunate and underprivileged.

Fasting is obligatory for all healthy Muslims - a test of patience and endurance
"We deem it fit and necessary to ensure that every Muslim in Kano State observe Ramadan. We have a report of people who are not complying with this important pillar of Islam; hence we mobilize our men to arrest them," Usman emphasized.

http://omoboriowo..com.ng/2016/06/non-fasting-muslims-arrested-in.html
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by ikbnice(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
I thought the fast is for God. Then why force people to serve God.

1 Like

Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by manutdadex(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
is this for real? if yes... dis country is a joke!
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 23, 2016
Good one from Kano.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 5:55am On Jun 23, 2016
I support the hisba police, this is a month of fasting, and anyone who refuse to fast, must not just be arrested but jailed. . .
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by MidasTouche01(m): 5:57am On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:
I support the hisba police, this is a month of fasting, and anyone who refuse to fast, must not just be arrested but jailed. . .
And where is that written in the Quran
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by MidasTouche01(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

Where is that written in the Quran

Even if it is written, this is not the stone age that you can just go about arresting people for what you think they should do, everyone has the right to do as he pleases as long as he is not victimising anybody...

And before u quote me, I'm also a muslim
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 6:07am On Jun 23, 2016
MidasTouche01:

Where is that written in the Quran

Even if it is written, this is not the stone age that you can just go about arresting people for what you think they should do, everyone has the right to do as he pleases as long as he is not victimising anybody...

And before u quote me, I'm also a muslim

i hope u know that Islam means to SUBMIT to Allah and his apostle mohamed... And one of the pillars of faith in Islam is fasting during Ramadan. . . So it is halal for hisba to make people submit to the teaching of the al hassan.

Unless ofcourse u are saying Allah is wrong or u are ashamed of our holy prophet teachings.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by MidasTouche01(m): 6:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

i hope u know that Islam means to SUBMIT to Allah and his apostle mohamed... And one of the pillars of faith in Islam is fasting during Ramadan. . . So it is halal for hisba to make people submit to the teaching of the al hassan.

Unless ofcourse u are saying Allah is wrong or u are ashamed of our holy prophet teachings.

And Allah called u to help him enforce his laws abi??
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 6:24am On Jun 23, 2016
MidasTouche01:

And Allah called u to help him enforce his laws abi??

read your quran. And am guessing u are from the southern part of Nigeria ? Typical.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Dragonking: 9:22am On Jun 23, 2016
When a religion is by fire by force, you know it is demonic
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by AgentOfAllah: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

Has Allah asked you to arrest people on its behalf?
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Has Allah asked you to arrest people on its behalf?

are u more wise than the shariah court? Or the mullah that carved the hisba out ?

...wait are u trying to say Muslim ummah is wrong ? Ok i get it u are from the south..
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by snezBaba: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2016
@blackfire,and in which Hadeeth did you read that the prophet impose on the non fasting people.
In an authentic tradition, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)is reported to have said: “Whenever you see a funeral procession, stand up till the procession goes ahead of you”. [1] One day a funeral procession passed in front of him and he stood up. When he was told that it was the coffin of a Jew, he said, "Is it not a living being (soul)?" Also, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) used to visit non-Muslims who were sick. Hence, the Prophet (Peace be upon him)visited Abu Talib in his sickness, and he also visited a sick Jewish boy. [2]
Pls and Pls Don't be a fanatic,Nigeria is not meant for one religion Kano inclusive,Do you know about Jedda ? That's were majority of non Muslim's reside in Saudi Arabia. Even though they do not parade themselves as such in pubic but it's their safe haven.The media as done ENOUGH.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by snezBaba: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2016
I just read blackfire post And I have two things for everyone reading this :

1 Like

Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by AgentOfAllah: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

are u more wise than the shariah court? Or the mullah that carved the hisba out ?

...wait are u trying to say Muslim ummah is wrong ? Ok i get it u are from the south..

You've said much, but failed to answer my question. I repeat, has Allah asked you to arrest people on its behalf?
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

You've said much, but failed to answer my question. I repeat, has Allah asked you to arrest people on its behalf?

u mean like in a dream or vision or .... ?
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
snezBaba:
I just read blackfire post And I have two things for everyone reading this :

when u see a yoruba Muslim u will know.

Why are u angry? Why don't u travel down to kano or kaduna with this your theories, and tell them they are not practising Islam.

Or do u know Islam more than the people via through which it was brought to u?

Shkr.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
snezBaba:
@blackfire,and in which Hadeeth did you read that the prophet impose on the non fasting people.
In an authentic tradition, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)is reported to have said: “Whenever you see a funeral procession, stand up till the procession goes ahead of you”. [1] One day a funeral procession passed in front of him and he stood up. When he was told that it was the coffin of a Jew, he said, "Is it not a living being (soul)?" Also, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) used to visit non-Muslims who were sick. Hence, the Prophet (Peace be upon him)visited Abu Talib in his sickness, and he also visited a sick Jewish boy. [2]
Pls and Pls Don't be a fanatic,Nigeria is not meant for one religion Kano inclusive,Do you know about Jedda ? That's were majority of non Muslim's reside in Saudi Arabia. Even though they do not parade themselves as such in pubic but it's their safe haven.The media as done ENOUGH.

are u sure u know the quran at all?
The hisba police who established it? The ummah in kano or celestial church?

Do u know more than the people who brought u the very Islam u are practising?

Yala.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by AgentOfAllah: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

u mean like in a dream or vision or .... ?
Troll
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by snezBaba: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Blackfire:

when u see a yoruba Muslim u will know.

Why are u angry? Why don't u travel down to kano or kaduna with this your theories, and tell them they are not practising Islam.

Or do u know Islam more than the people via through which it was brought to u?

Shkr.
why will i be angry with sum1 that says there is a meccan side of the prophets(S.A.W) story,and the quran revelation was sent to muhammed by mistake and the prophet was not prosecuted until his uncle died.With these i just leave you Allah for he alone can judge perfectly.
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
Troll

calico
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
snezBaba:

why will i be angry with sum1 that says there is a meccan side of the prophets(S.A.W) story,and the quran revelation was sent to muhammed by mistake and the prophet was not prosecuted until his uncle died.With these i just leave you Allah for he alone can judge perfectly.

rant of an ant
Re: Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria by rinw: 9:39am On Jun 25, 2016
Salam. Please will itikaf hold at National mosque abuja this year?

(1) (Reply)

I'm Denouncing Agnosticsm/atheism Because Of Mark Zuckerberg / Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay / At A Cross Roads About Religion? Hop In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.