Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,634 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. (2745 Views)

45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) / Arewa People Come In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by heskeyw(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
I was so fortunate to serve in plateau state, bassa local government area, miango town.
I just wanna know if there is any maingwan on nairaland?
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
heskeyw:
I was so fortunate to serve in plateau state, bassa local government area, miango town.
I just wanna know if there is any maingwan on nairaland?

Well I am from Plateau state, Berom by tribe but my mum is irigwe, I hear and speak irigwe well, hope I can represent?
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by onuwaje(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2017
Quick question

during my days in Uniport. there was a course "NIGERIAN PEOPLE AND CULTURE" (GEM103.1)
It says the Irrigwe people.of Benue state offers their women as sex to friends and as means of appreciation.

and that sexual submission by women is the order of the day. it also says that a woman can be anybody's wife in an irrigwe society...
is it true?

please i need to clear the air on this
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by heskeyw(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
onuwaje:
Quick question

during my days in Uniport. there was a course "NIGERIAN PEOPLE AND CULTURE" (GEM103.1)
It says the Irrigwe people.of Benue state offers their women as sex to friends and as means of appreciation.

and that sexual submission by women is the order of the day. it also says that a woman can be anybody's wife in an irrigwe society...
is it true?

They r the nicest tribe i have ever seen, the respect they gave to me during my service year was second to none, as fr your question, i don't have a direct answer to that
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by heskeyw(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2017
Cutezt:

Well I am from Plateau state, Berom by tribe but my mum is irigwe, I hear and speak irigwe well, hope I can represent?

thats good bro, i still miss gote, that was my best food during my service year
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
heskeyw:

thats good bro, i still miss gote, that was my best food during my service year

Woah, you took gote? Interesting, that is my native food, I love the modern version, the one garnished with ground nut, palm oil, Maggi, salt and biscuit bones, oh my, you are making me remember home, I don't know where I can get such in Lagos.
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by babyfaceafrica: 6:50am On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:

good morning, I am a linguist,I will like to know some few words in your languages Luke heron and irigwe.......hot,cold,warm and cool
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
good morning, I am a linguist,I will like to know some few words in your languages Luke heron and irigwe.......hot,cold,warm and cool

I am not very good at speaking my language, I hear well but speak little, but can speak my mum's, which is irigwe

Hot - Roh - pronounced just as it is spelt, it can also be used as fire, eg, when you want to say "it is hot" you will say "abi roh"
Cold - I have never heard anyone say it,they always code mix with Hausa when they want to say cold, which is "sanyi" in Hausa.
You can use the 2 for warm and cool too, feel free to ask for more, I'd be glad to help
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by babyfaceafrica: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:

I am not very good at speaking my language, I hear well but speak little, but can speak my mum's, which is irigwe

Hot - Roh - pronounced just as it is spelt, it can also be used as fire, eg, when you want to say "it is hot" you will say "abi roh"
Cold - I have never heard anyone say it,they always code mix with Hausa when they want to say cold, which is "sanyi" in Hausa.
You can use the 2 for warm and cool too, feel free to ask for more, I'd be glad to help
thanks am grateful...can you use them in sentence like...the water is hot, the weather is hot,my body is cold,the food is getting warm,the weather is cool..thanks sir
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
thanks am grateful...can you use them in sentence like...the water is hot, the weather is hot,my body is cold,the food is getting warm,the weather is cool..thanks sir

I just remembered, Hot in Berom is Kia - pronounced KYA..

Irigwe

The water is warm = rishi Na abi roh
Rishi means water, abi means has, or is, and roh means fire or hot

My body is cold = wreh nje nyi sanyi
Wreh means body, nje means my, nyi means is, sanyi in Hausa means Cold

Another example, how to say "today is cold"
Abi sanyi chu/abi sanyi chune
Abi means there is, sanyi means cold and chu or chune means today.

The food is getting warm = Ya Na bi roh
Ya means food, nyi means has or is , roh means hot

You know, languages itself has its own pattern, if you try to give the direct /word to word translation in English, just as you wrote it in the language, you will end up confusing the person,
Eg
If I was to give you a word to word translation of

It will be

Na ya bi roh

tell an irigwe man that and you will get him confused because it wasn't placed or arranged well.

irigwe is very easy to learn tho, stay in bassa LGA in Plateau state for just 3 months and you will begin grasping.
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by babyfaceafrica: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:

I just remembered, Hot in Berom is Kia - pronounced KYA..

Irigwe

The water is warm = rishi Na abi roh
Rishi means water, abi means has, or is, and roh means fire or hot

My body is cold = wreh nje nyi sanyi
Wreh means body, nje means my, nyi means is, sanyi in Hausa means Cold

Another example, how to say "today is cold"
Abi sanyi chu/abi sanyi chune
Abi means there is, sanyi means cold and chu or chune means today.

Ya means food, nyi means has or is , roh means hot

You know, languages itself has its own pattern, if you try to give the direct /word to word translation in English, just as you wrote it in the language, you will end up confusing the person,
Eg
If I was to give you a word to word translation of

It will be

Na ya bi roh

tell an irigwe man that and you will get him confused because it wasn't placed or arranged well.

irigwe is very easy to learn tho, stay in bassa LGA in Plateau state for just 3 months and you will begin grasping.
God bless you for this..I am really interested in languages..is there a way you could teach me small of your language?
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
God bless you for this..I am really interested in languages..is there a way you could teach me small of your language?
Lol, any time you want to learn, just hit me up on WhatsApp mention me after copying, so I can take the number down.
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
onuwaje:
Quick question

is it true?

I doubt the existence of irigwe from benue, I have never seen or heard of one, but there might be a possibility as benue and Plateau were once one state, I know of irigwe in Plateau and kaduna state, and yes, the tradition was once in existence, most irigwe used to practice polyandry, but they have all converted into Christianity.. Irigwe used to practice primary and secondary marriages, where a wife can have multiple husbands
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by babyfaceafrica: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:
Lol, any time you want to learn, just hit me up on, mention me after copying, so I can take the number down.
thanks will buzz u

Happy weekend
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by Cutezt(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
thanks will buzz u

Happy weekend

Same to you sir,edit your quote and remove my number.
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by babyfaceafrica: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:

Same to you sir,edit your quote and remove my number.
done
Re: IRIGWE People, Come In Here. Irigwe Zulu Zulu. by onuwaje(m): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cutezt:

I doubt the existence of irigwe from benue, I have never seen or heard of one, but there might be a possibility as benue and Plateau were once one state, I know of irigwe in Plateau and kaduna state, and yes, the tradition was once in existence, most irigwe used to practice polyandry, but they have all converted into Christianity.. Irigwe used to practice primary and secondary marriages, where a wife can have multiple husbands

Thanks I don't remember if it was plateau or benue but any time i hear that name that everybodys wife comes to mind

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Tomato Paste Production Business Here In Nigeria! / Abuja Communities Where Girls’ Breasts Are Suppressed To Save Them From Rape / How Friendly Are OGOJA People Of Cross River State??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.