Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It (60548 Views)

Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone / What's The Best Feature In Your Phone That Makes You Love It? / My Reply To NCC And MTN Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ikr
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Babayoutoomuch(f): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Op this is a good development. However, I'm looking forward also to a WhatsApp feature that will enable me to click accept or decline a group invitation. Not me waking up to see I've been added to a group without my consent.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by matrixme(m): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
nongo123:

I do understand that Telegram has all these innovations you are raving about but WhatsApp is still very much relevant in today's world. Some of us are not too obsessed with sharing best music, PDFs n stuff. We love WhatsApp for its sheer simplicity in one on one conversations. I would choose WhatsApp over bbm, telegram n etc any day.
Well there is something known as trying something different. It's the Internet and you know how rapidly evolving it gets around. Don't be surprised when the Whatsapp you just want to quietly chat with friends with, introduces more 'complex features'. You will bear witness when ads, bots and other stuff crawls upon the platform soon. In fact, it's already happening.
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
nongo123:
I have known about this for about a month now.
Who Asked You?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by okonja(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Baroba:
Its a great feature, BBM will surely be licking there wounds when you consider the came out before WhatsApp..

BBM Now offers Video call..Let Whatsapp beat that undecided
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
donhils:
Whatsapp Has A New Feature: I Love It

Whatsapp messenger is known to be bringing many life enriching features to their over One billion users the world over. Today the instant message giant has added a new one which I love to use prior to the update.
It's a feature that makes it possible for you to respond to a particular message in your chat. All you need do is press and hold the particular message and you'll see a reply icon at the topmost part of your phone, use it and bingo you've replied that message. Before this update I normally use that feature but I had to copy and paste the message I wanted to respond to; now it's easier.
Only need two things from you please.. Dha name of your keypad and dha name of your font.. Thanks... grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by musbay11(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=donhils post=46835846][b]Whatsapp Has A New Feature: I Love It really a lovely features
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by donhils: 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Jason555:
Only need two things from you please.. Dha name of your keypad and dha name of your font.. Thanks... grin grin
The keyboard is Black while the font is HUThegame. They are both from LG store; I use LG phone.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by donhils: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
nongo123:

I do understand that Telegram has all these innovations you are raving about but WhatsApp is still very much relevant in today's world. Some of us are not too obsessed with sharing best music, PDFs n stuff. We love WhatsApp for its sheer simplicity in one on one conversations. I would choose WhatsApp over bbm, telegram n etc any day.
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
donhils:

The keyboard is Black while the font is HUThegame. They are both from LG store; I use LG phone.
thanks.. grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by tayo200(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
I love my 2go
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ifebazz:

What is this one saying? BBM have had the quote feature for months now. Whatsapp is only trying to meet up but they can't, that's for sure.
Lol, WhatsApp and BBM aren't mates, BBM barely has up to 50million users, WhatsApp has a billion+ can you see the difference?
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by nongo123(m): 10:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
ZubbyGodson:
Who Asked You?
Do I need to be asked first in order to comment?
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by nongo123(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
matrixme:

Well there is something known as trying something different. It's the Internet and you know how rapidly evolving it gets around. Don't be surprised when the Whatsapp you just want to quietly chat with friends with, introduces more 'complex features'. You will bear witness when ads, bots and other stuff crawls upon the platform soon. In fact, it's already happening.
I get your point, different chat platforms for different people, each one of us has his preference. After all everyone is unique.
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Ablitmuspaper(m): 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
it doesn't work on blackberry
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Code45: 12:57am On Jun 24, 2016
nongo123:

I never chatted on BBM. Used Telegram to chat with someone for a while. I didn't feel that fun. Too boring for me, compare to WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by jemsi(f): 2:31am On Jun 24, 2016
Bbm also has this feature since na
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:46am On Jun 24, 2016
FreeWorld23:

Use (*) (*) before and after the sentence wink

E.g *bread*
Dis isn't working wit GBWhatsApp yet
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Ifebazz(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Toluwarni:
Lol, WhatsApp and BBM aren't mates, BBM barely has up to 50million users, WhatsApp has a billion+ can you see the difference?
They may have 3 trillions for all I care, I still prefer my BBM.
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by nongo123(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2016
Code45:
I never chatted on BBM. Used Telegram to chat with someone for a while. I didn't feel that fun, too boring for me, compare to WhatsApp.
I haven't used Telegram yet since none of my friends is using it but I have used BBM for about a year and a half. I can say BBM was just not for me, I still prefer WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Oblak(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2016
So how will this help to end the fantastic corruption in this country?
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by charlsecy(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
donhils:
Today the instant message giant has added a new one which I love to use prior to the update.
It's a feature that makes it possible for you to respond to a particular message in your chat. All you need do is press and hold the particular message and you'll see a reply icon at the topmost part of your phone, use it and bingo you've replied that message.
I have that update, but didn't know about the new reply feature until you I read your post. However, the feature is not as new as you presented it to be.

LORDI:
WhatsApp copying bbm
Yet becoming more popular. Sometimes, it is not about copying, but just enhancing user experience. If your neighbour bought an LG tv, would you now not buy LG tv so that you wouldn't be accused of copying your neighbour?

lay2uarh:
Can dis work even wen d oda person is not using d latest version of whatsapp?
No harm in trial, but I think conversants both need to have the update installed. Can video call work between Galaxy Note 3 and Nokia 3310?
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by FreeWorld23: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
stephinnoyewole:

Dis isn't working wit GBWhatsApp yet
I don't know about gbwhatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Iprofit: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2016
What the Op is trying to say is, WhatsApp introduced a "Quote message" feature. This feature enables you to quote a specific post, maybe in the past or present. Instead of using the traditional "@" In a group chat or the likes, You just gotta tap and hold on the post you intend on quoting, you'll see a curved arrow, tap on it and write whatever you wish to write. See image below:
it's not working on my Android 4.4 what do I need to do to activate all this feature

I have whatsapp version 2.16.13

I believe it's the latest

It's a tecno mobile
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by jude90(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2016
its nice
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Hansbireo(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
DidYouKnow: telegram has a slight resemblance with 2go(Im not a 2go boy) optted out since 2012.... back to the fact Im making, comparing the ui(user interface and the feature example are the teens room, and more u can find in 2go... are slightly similar to 2go/telegram.
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
What the Op is trying to say is, WhatsApp introduced a "Quote message" feature. This feature enables you to quote a specific post, maybe in the past or present. Instead of using the traditional "@" In a group chat or the likes, You just gotta tap and hold on the post you intend on quoting, you'll see a curved arrow, tap on it and write whatever you wish to write. See image below:
God bless this dude. He just simplified the post.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
priscaoge:
Have been using this feature for over a month now..... I'm using version 2.16.95 It's super cool. I can bold, change fonts etc.
Please, how do I change fonts?
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by VivyGift(f): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
soa89:
Please, how do I change fonts?

It is not that you would be able to change your font name or size. It will just enable you to type in bolded or italics form.

For bolded = *type*
For italic = _type_
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by VivyGift(f): 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Iprofit:
it's not working on my Android 4.4 what do I need to do to activate all this feature

I have whatsapp version 2.16.13

I believe it's the latest

It's a tecno mobile

The version is not the latest.

Upgrade to version 2.16.133
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by Iprofit: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
VivyGift:

The version is not the latest.
Upgrade to version 2.16.133
thank you sister
Re: Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It by agoro2u: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
[b]how can i enjoy these features? pls teach me [/anb]
matrixme:
If you are still stuck with Whatsapp, you are so old school. The IM app is more like MySpace these days. I decided to try Telegram and guess what? I really felt so bad I've been missing out on the best the Internet has to offer.
There is a channel that shares all the best music, pdf magazines, ebooks, another converts YouTube videos to Mp3, one reminds me of stuffs, another gives me detailed weather info of my location daily, there is one I could take exams, learn English etc. I get to meet several international people where we discuss broad based issues, (groups are 5000 capacity, unlike Whatsapp's paltry 256 or so) the cloud feature is exceptional, whenever you join you can still see previous messages and so much to discover daily. There is never a dull moment with Telegram.
The only disadvantage is that all these takes a lot of data to access but you can choose what to download.
Whatsapp is just a dinosaur without these productive features, forget the popularity. MySpace was popular too BTW.
i av this telegram bt cant get all these feature on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Partition Your SD Card For Android Without PC / Strive Masiyiwa: Made The First GSM Phone Call In Nigeria / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.