Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit (36116 Views)

FG Drags Ibrahim Tumsah To Court, Seizes 86 Cars, 4 Houses / Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Ikechukwu48: 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
greenmonk:

So u who is educated was taught that ikwerre was carved out of Imo state. What is really special about Ibos who cant dwell in their land but have the penchant to insult their host. I pity the Ikwerres & those who are taking ur bait of being ibo. They will regret their action when u move to complete what u started in d last civil war.

The guy was talking about Egbema LGA, not ikwerre. Egbema LGA stretches from imo state to river state. Orginially, the entire community was in Imo state but after the war, the northern dimwits forcefully carved out the oil rich side and put them in River state despite the community opposed it. They equally did the same thing to Ndoki of Abia State whose and now stretches fro.abia to River state. Go and pick up a book and get educated instead of being your typical yoloba fool....uneducated things.

@thread...Anambra did a good thing. The rest of SE and SS governors should follow suit. It's obvious the dullard wants to use the backdoor and force the grazing thing on south. Let them go to north or southwaaste if they are looking for land.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:29am On Jun 24, 2016
lordyugo:

evn ur fellow demented bigots would laugh at u wen they get to d part whr u said igbos are poor nd underdeveloped.
I don't see where I mentioned any particular ethnic group in my post. I was talking about your country as a whole. Why do you think everyone is out to get your tribesmen?
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:34am On Jun 24, 2016
obaino860:

must you comment.....which state are you from lets compare with ANAMBRA....... I know you will claim Lagos....
If you read my previous posts you will be disappointed.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by greenmonk: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
I don't see where I mentioned any particular ethnic group in my post. I was talking about your country as a whole. Why do you think everyone is out to get your tribesmen?

Everybody or tribe is a dimwit to the Ibos including the Egbemas & Ikwerres who regained their selfworth in Rivers State & now the Ibos want to reclaim them to continue their psychological abuse.

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by greenmonk: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

The guy was talking about Egbema LGA, not ikwerre. Egbema LGA stretches from imo state to river state. Orginially, the entire community was in Imo state but after the war, the northern dimwits forcefully carved out the oil rich side and put them in River state despite the community opposed it. They equally did the same thing to Ndoki of Abia State whose and now stretches fro.abia to River state. Go and pick up a book and get educated instead of being your typical yoloba fool....uneducated things.

@thread...Anambra did a good thing. The rest of SE and SS governors should follow suit. It's obvious the dullard wants to use the backdoor and force the grazing thing on south. Let them go to north or southwaaste if they are looking for land.

The reverse is exactly the case with Egbema. Go to the archaives & u will see that Egema was originally in Ahoada division in Port Harcourt province that was carved out to be Rivers state and not d other way round so lets eschew deceit in informations we dissipate to the public.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Cjrane2: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Everyone should see what Fulani men are doing in Nigeria.
They have not only cornered all the money and appointments in Nigeria for their area and people, they have no resorted to annexing Igboland and other areas by force.

This can never happen. If it means picking them up one by one from our midst, so be it.

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:
Azikiwe Jonathan must have hated his Igbo brothers to have acquired their land for the FG. I also remember that an Igbo man Pius Anyim was the SGF then, well may be he was sleeping as was custom.

MODIFIED:
The land was actually acquired LEGALLY in 1992 by the federal government as clearly stated.

Now i see why you guys will remain the rabbit tribe. The chameleons of Nigeria. See senseless hatred oozing from you.

How can Nigeria ever be one,be good with someone like you?

Enemy of peace and progress...*i spat out*
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
StOla:
Azikiwe Jonathan must have hated his Igbo brothers to have acquired their land for the FG. I also remember that an Igbo man Pius Anyim was the SGF then, well may be he was sleeping as was custom.

MODIFIED:
The land was actually acquired LEGALLY in 1992 by the federal government as clearly stated.

Now i see why you guys will remain the rabbit tribe. The chameleons of Nigeria. See senseless hatred oozing from you.

Enemy of peace and progress...*i spit out*
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by StOla: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Gennyike:

Enemy of peace and progress...*i spit out*

While you remain the victim of every imaginary hidden agenda of the government.

Your self inflicted misery will last till eternity.

How can Nigeria ever be one when a tribe continues to struggle to cloak itself in the garb of the victim, however innocent and general a policy might be?

What exactly is your problem? Where is the sense in all the foolish and bigoted comments above mine that aim to label the government an enemy of a specific tribe regarding a policy and action that was generally applied across the country?

Your hypocrisy stinks to the heavens. The good thing is the rest of Nigeria has come to terms with your nature as a people, and have since disregarded your antics.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by OneNaira6: 1:23am On Jun 25, 2016
greenmonk:

The reverse is exactly the case with Egbema. Go to the archaives & u will see that Egema was originally in Ahoada division in Port Harcourt province that was carved out to be Rivers state and not d other way round so lets eschew deceit in informations we dissipate to the public.

You are actually one of the WORST liar and propagandist I've ever met in my life. You yolobas are beyond dumb and ALWAYS showcasing una stupidity....do the rest of us a favour and stop attempting to rewrite history of everybody. Nobody likes you mofos so do us a favour and but the f2k off out of anything east

Now, let me school you. Egbema LGA area had 16 territories. 13 of it is in Imo state while the remaining 3 , which was loaded with oil, was forcefully carved out of Imo state by Justice Nasir in 1976 by a platform set up by your blother, Obasanjo. So you trying to say imo state carved out 13 of Rivers territory without rivers fighting it and yet the community in question aka Egbema LGA aren't asking to be returned back to River state, instead they are asking to be returned back to imo state. You are dumb.

Which archives do you speak of? I QUADRUPLE DARE you to provide that archives. While I wait on it, I provide you with this delightful reads

HOW THEY DIVIDED US AND PITCHED US AGAINST ONE ANOTHER:

The slicing off of some Igbo communities out of core Igbo states and merger to other states was a plot to weaken the Igbo's. Here are some examples:

1. The area of Ndoki south covering the present Oyigbo (originally Obigbo) transferred from the old Aba division and lumped to Rivers State in 1976. Also, in the 1980s, three Ndoki villages namely Ohaobu, Mkpukpuaja and Ogbuagu villages carved from the then Imo State and lumped to Etim-Ekpo LGA of Akwa Ibom State. It is noteworthy to state that Oyigbo LGA apart from Oloibiri was the first place in Nigeria to produce oil and gas in commercial quantities (at Afam). Unlike Oloibiri which has dried-up since the 1980s, Afam and other Oyigbo oil-fields keep yielding vast quantities of petroleum.

2. Egbema communities now in Rivers State: Egbema has 16 villages and out of these 16 villages , 3 namely Mgbede, Aggah and Okwuzi has the largest reserves of oil and gas in the community. This is apparently the reason they were lumped to Rivers while the other 13 villages were left in Imo State where they had to contend with more modest reserves of the commodity.

It is important to note that this “punishment” at least as perceived by many Igbos did not end up with the eastern Igbo people. The Aniomas or Western Igbos had to loose Ndoni area to Rivers State and Osekwenike-Onyah area to Sagbama area of Bayelsa State. Just like the other examples I gave , all of these areas are oil-producing. It is often claimed that the Nigerian Civil war was a war fought over oil and gas and the actions of the federal government just like these examples seems to suggest that the federal government had intended to give a tag of non-oil producing to Igbo areas including Anioma. While it is interesting to note that parts of Igbo land has been excised and lumped to other states, a good part of Itsekiri land embracing what is defined as Ugbege area was lumped to Ondo State; A state where Itsekiri people are not indigenous. This is one just an example of the double standards in Nigeria. A common song by Peter Tosh , which has one of its iconic lyrics “Everyone is crying out for peace but no one for justice” brings to the fore what I am trying to pass across. My support for the renewed Biafra struggle is for justice which the Igbo race has been crying for in Nigeria, another good example of such is the continued call for the unconditional release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu who is the leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra.

For those 'efulefus' who quote Prof Chinua Achebe’s book “There was a Country” out of context saying it has put to rest any country called Biafra. Yes, There was indeed a country called “Biafra”. However, they should also remember that Col Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu talked on a “Biafra of the Mind”. This “Biafra of the Mind” has different dimensions to it. Biafra is a part of the history of Nigeria and there is no way we can forget about it collectively as Nigerians and more importantly as Igbos. Therefore, anyone in whatever guise declaring that “Biafra died permanently in 1970 with the surrender speech made by Philip Effiong” is being comical. In the United States of America, people freely talk about the Confederate States of Southern USA and the old Confederate flag is embedded in the state flags of many Southern States because it is deemed as a part of their heritage. Telling Igbos and other Nigerians who suffered a lot to pretend that no Biafra of the Mind exists is a sheer display of wickedness and irresponsibility. There is nothing to ever stop a war which led to the death of one-seventh of the Igbo people and left much of Anioma land in present day Delta state decimated.

Anyone who claims that a “few resentful people of South-East origin” are the ones behind the the Biafran agitation is living in self denial. We have seen some pictures of the IPOB protests across the world and such pictures do not seem to suggest that the protests were the handiwork of a “few resentful people”. It seems to demonstrate a mass movement among the youths of the South-east region in particular and areas of the South-south as well. So, the idea of trying to separate the South from Biafra is laughable.

In the 1960s when the Biafra war was fought, the areas that make up south south today were drawn to it. The reason is not far-fetched; the war was perceived as a rebellion of Igbos and for example, the Aniomas in Delta being western Igbos were involved. This is not a peculiar case. From Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo were drawn into the conflicts between the Hutu and Tutsi. This is sadly a feature of ethnic politics which manifests at times as war in Africa. Gen Obasanjo who was a major actor in the Nigerian Civil war and former president, did not hide his understanding that Aniomas are Igbos. In his Niger Delta Special Development Initiative of 2005, he had Imo, Abia and Anioma area of Delta removed as beneficiaries. Yet he had Ondo and its rocky capital city of Akure included as “part of the Niger Delta”.

Whatever map the IPOB is presenting today as the map of Biafra is in tandem with international laws. It was the case with South Sudan. In the original proposal Southern Blue, Abyei and Nuba were proposed and this was adopted in the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) of Sudan and South Sudan. Abyei was to decide after a referendum while Southern Blue Nile and Nuba would decide after popular consultation. Claiming that the “expansiveness of Biafra” has anything to do with oil is ridiculous. Firstly the price of oil has crashed significantly and there is nothing to suggest that in future, oil will be “black gold” it used to be.

Besides the southeast region even with the exclusion of the areas annexed and lumped to Rivers has some reserves of the commodity. But anyone who thinks that the future of Biafra , the larger Igbo race or Africa lies in oil or other commodities has serious issues. The main driver of development is human capital no less no more. Igbos has this factor perhaps more than any other group in Nigeria.

The Western Igbos which includes the people of Anioma in Delta are scattered not just in Delta but also in parts of Edo, Rivers and even Bayelsa State so, Bringing the issue of a South-south is inconsequential. There is nothing like that in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. Based on International law, people should be at liberty to decide ultimately where they should belong. Sadly, Nigeria has failed to restructure (based on ethnic groups) and create regions recognized by law just like what was done in India by its first Prime Minister, Nehru.

In the memoirs of Chief Dennis Osadebay who hails from Anioma in the present day Delta state, he was full of praises for Chief Michael Okpara for all the support rendered to the Midwest regional movement which led to the creation of the new region in 1963 and enthronement of the NCNC in 1964. It is also well-known that many Aniomas were members of the defunct Igbo State Movement which cemented the ethnic bounds of all Igbos, west and east of the Niger. There were even agitations to carve out the old Asaba and Aboh divisions and have them merged with the East with the likes of Rev SW Martin of Issele Uku as the main driver of the proposal.

Finally, to further expose the divide and rule tactics, here is a letter written by community leaders of the Ika East area comprising of Umunede, Igbodo, Otolokpo, Mbiri, Ute-Ogbeje and Akumazi to Chief Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu and goes as thus: ' '' We the undersigned, on behalf of the people of Umunede clan,Igbodo clan,Akwumazi clan,Mbiri clan and Ute-Ugbeje clan in Ika Division,Midwest take this opportunity to express our deep gratitude on the historic liberation of the Midwest and wish you God's guidance.We equally take this opportunity to congratulate His Excellency Major A.O Okonkwo on his appointment as the Military Administrator of the Midwest and pledge our unalloyed support and loyalty to his government. Although we the above 5 clans in Umunede zone have already donated sums of money and foodstuff towards win the war funds on individual clans,we jointly donate herewith the sum of 105 pounds to win the war. WE FERVENTLY PRAY FOR GOD'S HELP THAT WE CRUSH THE ENEMY.While thanking you for what you have already achieved-liberation of Midwest-we wish to place here on record that it will be your guide while deliberating on any future association,our feelings should be put into utmost consideration'' '' Signatories to this September 1967 letter to Ojukwu include: HRH Obi N Gbenoba; Obi of Umunede.HRH A.O Iyeke;Obi of Igbodo,Obi S.C Osagie; Obi of Akwumazi,HRH Obi Ogana; Obi of Mbiri and Regent I Alekwe,Regent of Mbiri. Also signatory to that letter are political leaders including Chief S.O.Osuhor, Chief Z.C Egbuchinem, Chief L.O.C Azikiwe,Chief Odiase,Chief E O Nwabueze, Madam Julie Onyeagwu and Mr B.O Okoh. You can get a copy of the letter here: Source- Nigeria: Echoes of a Century: Volume One 1914-1999 By Ifeoha Azikiwe.

BIAFRA IS NOT ABOUT OIL BUT ONE NIGERIA IS!!!

Next time actually SPEAK WTF YOU KNOW.

I've never seen a dullard community as much you people from waste side yet always always talking and making a f00l of unaselves daily

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by greenmonk: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
OneNaira6:

You are actually one of the WORST liar and propagandist I've ever met in my life. You yolobas are beyond dumb and ALWAYS showcasing una stupidity....do the rest of us a favour and stop attempting to rewrite history of everybody. Nobody likes you mofos so do us a favour and but the f2k off out of anything east

Now, let me school you. Egbema LGA area had 16 territories. 13 of it is in Imo state while the remaining 3 , which was loaded with oil, was forcefully carved out of Imo state by Justice Nasir in 1976 by a platform set up by your blother, Obasanjo. So you trying to say imo state carved out 13 of Rivers territory without rivers fighting it and yet the community in question aka Egbema LGA aren't asking to be returned back to River state, instead they are asking to be returned back to imo state. You are dumb.

Which archives do you speak of? I QUADRUPLE DARE you to provide that archives. While I wait on it, I provide you with this delightful reads

Next time actually SPEAK WTF YOU KNOW.

I've never seen a dullard community as much you people from waste side yet always always talking and making a f00l of unaselves daily

Given d fact that u the ibos can lie & cheat in ur so called buy&sell u tag all other tribe as dimwits, this is my disagreement with u. U also display ur limited capacity in abusing anybody who opposes ur views. I still stand by my point hat d entire Egbema clan were in what is today Rivers/bayelsa state but ur abusive nature would not allow ur to seek true knowledge but rely on motor park tales and rumour mongering, raining curses on ur entires genology in the name of posting on threads that are beyond ur mental capacity. Dont quote or reply me as i intend not to join issues anymore with anyone with the mannerism of an ostrich.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Caseless: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
malton:

The level of ignorance here in Anambra is appalling bro. You will be even more amazed when you enter Unizik, a supposed institution, and discover that ignorance rages like a wild fire there.

Most times, it becomes difficult to tell them apart from villagers in some villages in Orumba North.

The gullibility is second to none.

Most of them are a betrayal to the smartness the Igbos have come to be associated with. Suffice it to say that those living outside of this place are the smartest of the lot!
dan'uwa, kindly vote ivyy on this thread please https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Thank you very much!
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by malton: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
Caseless:
dan'uwa, kindly vote ivyy on this thread please https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Thank you very much!
Toh dan'uwa. An gama!
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Caseless: 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
malton:

Toh dan'uwa. An gama!
sai godiya, maza. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Yyeske(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2016
greenmonk:

Given d fact that u the ibos can lie & cheat in ur so called buy&sell u tag all other tribe as dimwits, this is my disagreement with u. U also display ur limited capacity in abusing anybody who opposes ur views. I still stand by my point hat d entire Egbema clan were in what is today Rivers/bayelsa state but ur abusive nature would not allow ur to seek true knowledge but rely on motor park tales and rumour mongering, raining curses on ur entires genology in the name of posting on threads that are beyond ur mental capacity. Dont quote or reply me as i intend not to join issues anymore with anyone with the mannerism of an ostrich.
Just agree that @onenaira6 had educated you enough and move on, don't dabble into things you know nothing about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment / President Buhari Hosts Governor Umahi In Aso Rock (Photos) / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.