Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! (56389 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry / Olayode Juliana Vows To Remain A Virgin Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by BossDanniee(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
So true..I'm tired of his Yoruba lyrics
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Brayss(m): 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
King Baddo
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by roqrules04(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
My Hausa friends also listen to Olamide,s songs oo

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by musicwriter(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:
Ybnl Boss and Versatile Music artiste, Olamide aka Badoo is one of the most respected and recognized artiste in the Country...

His versatility to rap and sing and also fit into different genres of music from trap to reggae to fuji and many more has distinguished from The crop of talented artistes in Nigeria today..

This brings one to the reason why the artiste has not been duly recognized internationally and outside Nigeria alongside his peers like Davido and Wizkid..

Why is Olamide name lacking in most international awards and the talented artiste not getting deserved attention from the outside World..

if you think these artistes deserve international recognition, then your music taste must be very poor. Where is the talent to begin with?.

Wizkid doesn't have an international recognition. Having an international recognition doesn't mean recording music abroad, but being so good that you attract the attention of world's best record labels, being so good in your own skin that you get recognized by major international music labels; like sony music entertainment, interscope, virgin music, Tuff gong, Def jam, bad boys music, Arista, e.t.c, and getting signed to recording one or two albums for them.

International recognition doesn't mean proactively begging and paying a popular international act to appear in your or their music videos.

The only Nigerian astiste at the moment who deservely have achieved international recognition is Asa. Tu face would have, but for some of the reasons you listed. I wish I could advise that guy, Tiwa Savage and the other girl- I forgot her name- would do better with good song writers.

The current crop of musicians generally just do what others do. Unlike Fela Anikulapokuti, Majek Fashek, Sunny Ade, e.t.c who created their own thing irrespective of the music fray of their days.

Talking from experience...........

8 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by horlabiyi(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
3 million for Ibadan don do me 500k UK e no do me
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Fash20: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
"Rather be a lion in the jungle than to be a slave in the city"
Olamide is a local rapper he is not interested in the international whatever.
Go Olamide go!!!
One of the most talented musician in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
Av like olamide right from time. Buh later on, releasing of music any how. About 5 songs a week makes me fee bored hearin his music. Am tired of his voice now. As 4 him ex boi boi lil kesh, dah him shoutin n rubish tok wont ,mk hm a star like WIZKID. Jst take a good look@ wizkid starting and u wll know d dude x talented wit a charming voice..... Evry artist wnt 2 b known globaly. Even d international stars wnt 2 b known in africa as well. Bt i neva hated him.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by atinukedam(f): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
ettaetta:
Every one has his/her own style, dont expect him to sing like wizkid or davido.
I believe the style he is doing now is the magic that works for him. Every artist has a target audience and this dude is really doing well in the african music.

Its better to be a king at home than to be a boi boi internationally. He is really making impact. So far he is the most consistent naija artiste.

I disagree with you on wat u said that being a consistent act is not the best because if he had just one hit people would still complain that olamide has just one hit,100 likes 4 dis comment......badooo all d way
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Fash20:
"Rather be a lion in the jungle than to be a slave in the city"

Olamide is a local rapper he is not interested in the international whatever.

Go Olamide go!!!

One of the most talented musician in Nigeria
he wished 2 b in chrisbrown tour, he wish 2 b in drake feautures, he wish 2 go higher, as u next, u look 4 d next steps. So, dnt say trash. Beside, both home n abroad, wizkid gain alot dan him. N if u wnt 2 compare, am redi....... Go tru ma signs n profile
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by olumalcolm(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Find smtin beta to say dan to jst cm here to speak trash about pple. Wu among d internationally recognised Nigerian musicians hv collected Grammy? U guys jst wake up,pick up ur fone,buy useless data and cm online to type rubbish. So far he is getting paid,abef leave trash for lawma. E ma lo wa oooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by youngmann: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
PublicAssurance:
[size=18pt]He is there chopping his millions and you are busy talking Local.[/size]
Bros, i tire for this guys matter.. So far he's paying his bills what else? Abi olamide beg them to listen to him music? Smh
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Ken24(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hardcore fans vs bashers

Round 1...start
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by iampeTer(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
shiii .....Olamide dy him lane ...who cares about international recognition?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by elisra(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
thesicilian:
How many people do you think understand his Yoruba lyrics?
my favorite combo is olamide and phyno.
I love them for making their American styled colleagues to understand that rapping in mother tongue is more sensational.

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Edum13656: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
The guy is good... U wey de thrash him here, how many Grammy awards u don win. I like Olamide as Olamide. is it because him never do collabo with 50cent?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by elisra(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry
for ur mind abi.olamide and phyno are the now trending,my dear open your eyes,look at children in your neighbourhood and u will understand that they are olamide and phyno fans.
Africans are back to their roots.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Fash20: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Akjr:
he wished 2 b in chrisbrown tour, he wish 2 b in drake feautures, he wish 2 go higher, as u next, u look 4 d next steps. So, dnt say trash. Beside, both home n abroad, wizkid gain alot dan him. N if u wnt 2 compare, am redi....... Go tru ma signs n profile
when did he say that,baba no dey lie joor.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by yunnyp(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Op.

I think you should not come here on Nairaland to voice out, the best thing to do is to go face to face with Olamide himself and say all this your international collaboration.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by saintdennis(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry

Have u ever seen olamide headline a 'top society' event? All corporate events want falz (badt guy) why? Cos he adds curry to his flows and doesn't go the agbero route.

If olamide can't break into corporate nigeria how then can he break into the int'l scene?

But I appreciate his music sha...I no go lie. But he doesn't have a classic track yet.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by OGUNDIMUADEDEJI(m): 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Olamide has failed to allow the people thirst for his songs and his releases are not up to expectations too...

It gets to a point listeners are no longer gingered to listen to what the artist will say as artist becomes monotous and repititive.

I don't agree wit u on dis OP....evri single is always a hit bck 2 bck....
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Akjr(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Fash20:
when did he say that,baba no dey lie joor.
see dis guy.. Who wnt 2 remain like a stagnant water. As u nxt, 2 seek 2 elevate. Hw wll he b nominated in Bet wit dis trash. Guy advice
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:

"...educated once..." (sic).

From the quote above, we understand that stark illiterates may even be better than you are.

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by unyted(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
[Great input...straight forward and unbiased. quote author=Iamsynord post=46847434]Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

1) Quantity Over Quality - Olamide has made quantity is main goal..Flood the scene with songs and songs till you reach a point of equilibrum and then start to decline...

Olamide has failed to allow the people thirst for his songs and his releases are not up to expectations too...

It gets to a point listeners are no longer gingered to listen to what the artist will say as artist becomes monotous and repititive.

The rapper is even gearing up to release a sixth studio album.

2) Branding - Branding is also very much .... The Kind of brand Olamide potrays is of the not too internationally minded artist. He hardly dresses corporate and potray his versatility in his brand..

He has even gone ahead to Brand himself a Local Rapper. This type of image projected is the way he is addressed..

He has even refused to meet up with more influential managers and more serious minded and music experts ..... The lack of Expertise on the side of the management and consisting of influential managers does bear its mark.

3) Appeal - While deviation from indigenous music is not the point. Appeal is very paramount..... Olamide style is not appealing to the outside world.. Sometimes balancing works.. I wonder if Hausas listen to olamide songs ? But i bet more listen to 9ice ? Why

A little of more mature songs and english lyrics might do the trick....Do something appealing to every one and yet dont forget the minority. You dont waste international features with Wale on songs like papilo you go make us proud....

Give them what they love.. Trap,pop. Feature more of their artistes and seek for international features....

Olamide is a Legend and will remain one... However , breaking into the international market Like Wizkid is not an easy job......

Olamide has too much talent than to be labelled a local rapper... We want to see him topping the billboard chart and copping his own BET award soon too... Enough of the Headies and NEA awards.

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord

[/quote]
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by buharisbae(f): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
saintdennis:

Have u ever seen olamide headline a 'top society' event? All corporate events want falz (badt guy) why? Cos he adds curry to his flows and doesn't go the agbero route.

If olamide can't break into corporate nigeria how then can he break into the int'l scene?

But I appreciate his music sha...I no go lie. But he doesn't have a classic track yet.

well said

buhh ur signature has got me thinking can u pls explain better for me thanks!
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Gabbyraze(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
It's easy to criticize olamide and also easy to support him. D onus lies on him to expand his brand worldwide/africa wide but if he doesn't want to,its none of our business. At least Reminisce has a greater fan base and he raps in Yoruba,so there is no need to be thinking about been a king at home or boi boi abroad(whatever that means). Like a rapper said,"who's better than who,music is not a tournament"
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dahveydson:
If you don't understand music, Keep shut!!

Who International recognition epp?

D'banj went international, where is the koko master today?

And some of the points are outrightly ridiculous and stupid, because he doesn't dress corporate? Really? Did Fela dress corporate?

These jokers with nothing to write about should go and work on being known in their Local govt first before attempting to throw stone at someone for not being international.

Op who you epp? You don bath? Smellos!

your statement that did fela dress corporate is like Saying did Sunny ade shoot videos with clarence peters.... Dont you know with time, comes standard..

Secondly, please read my last paragraph.. Am not hating on olamide. Infact am one of his biggest fans.. I simply aired my honest opinion on his career, a right which is established under section 35 of the 1999 constitution.

I believe u could have passed your own opposing opinion without insulting me for airing mine..

Besides,i don baff today my boss grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by michphenomena(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:
Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

1) Quantity Over Quality - Olamide has made quantity is main goal..Flood the scene with songs and songs till you reach a point of equilibrum and then start to decline...

2) Branding - Branding is also very much .... The Kind of brand Olamide potrays is of the not too internationally minded artist. He hardly dresses corporate and potray his versatility in his brand..

He has even gone ahead to Brand himself a Local Rapper. This type of image projected is the way he is addressed..

He has even refused to meet up with more influential managers and more serious minded and music experts ..... The lack of Expertise on the side of the management and consisting of influential managers does bear its mark.

3) Appeal - While deviation from indigenous music is not the point. Appeal is very paramount..... Olamide style is not appealing to the outside world.. Sometimes balancing works.. I wonder if Hausas listen to olamide songs ? But i bet more listen to 9ice ? Why

A little of more mature songs and english lyrics might do the trick....Do something appealing to every one and yet dont forget the minority. You dont waste international features with Wale on songs like papilo you go make us proud....

Give them what they love.. Trap,pop. Feature more of their artistes and seek for international features....

Olamide is a Legend and will remain one... However , breaking into the international market Like Wizkid is not an easy job......

Olamide has too much talent than to be labelled a local rapper... We want to see him topping the billboard chart and copping his own BET award soon too... Enough of the Headies and NEA awards.

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord

......who u epp undecided
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by room089: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
Olamide is very hard working and very relevant in the nigerian music industry but I don't see him and his likes: phyno, reminisce etc acclaimed internationally so soon.
They tend to deliver their indigineous songs a la american but they are often not accepted globally.
Artiste like Seun kuti has more chances of going international than these guys if he puts in a little more effort in his works. You can believe this fact or not.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by bionicman: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
entertainment articles here : http://www.voiceoutmag.com
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Skibofire(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:
Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord
Its better to be a lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by buharisbae(f): 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
mikkypel:
Some people up there have been spitting rubbish on half baked educated people, touts listening to Olamide's songs... I laugh at your stupidity.. Aliko dangote is a tout right, Ambode is an half baked individual abi, Tinubu is a rogue abi, Please apply little sense when arguing, weigh your words if it is preaching sense... And you that are fully baked, Can you please describe your bakery so that those names up there can be baked there.... Yamayama sha... That's his genre of music, his styles, he once said it in one of his songs... *dem say make i dey wear suit/ i too dey wear towntops, dem say i sign so many artiste/i go soon bankrupt, f*ck you and your thoughts, iya yin o le help....... what's the essence of spitting in English and not making sense, to those that doesn't understand Yoruba,Can we understand Phyno too? Or is he left out.. Abeg.. Olamide organizes concerts overseas.. That's one of the steps to sell himself out.. Slow and Steady wins the race

have u ever been there wen aliko tinubu and ambode are listening to his song? he relates with them doesn't mean they listen to his song

as for phyno part he doesn't behave like a tout he doesn't drop songs everyday and more over he is classy buhh olamide is the opposite

anyways I love olamide
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Baddo na BABA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oòni Of Ife Gifts Portable Bundles Of Cash As He Pays Him Visit In His Palace / Yvonne Nelson & Mzbel Fight For Ice-Prince / Genevieve Nnaji & Nkem Owoh On The Red Carpet Of 'Lionheart' Premiere In Toronto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.