Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! (56407 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry / Olayode Juliana Vows To Remain A Virgin Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by amtaken(f): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
I wish him the best. He's a good singer with one of the best voices.
Iamsynord:

same 9ice that performed at mtn project fame final this year.,... Same 9ice with new songs,, and videos.,.

Do u know what you are saying ma ?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hm

This thread struck a lot of nerves.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by amparas(m): 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Rather be a lion in the jungle than be a dog in the city cheesy Sitting on the throne
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by junglej: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
You guys have no clue. Olamide is going to have two major colabors. With Emenem and snoop and its gonna be big. Just watch out. Dude is talented and would use his talent and style to move the world. I bet you guys had no clue that Nikkie Minaj has been asking questions about him. Please cos you dont know does not mean its not happening

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by SuperSuave(m): 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
wittyt98:

when I see your type I recognise them instantly ...u re one local hood rat that knows nothing about classic nd good music ...I bet your favorite song is ladi by lil kesh

those musicians u mentioned knows way too much about music that your Olamide ... its why their music patter changes a lot unlike your Olamide that's sings like a thug all the time
laugh wan kill me for here o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Sunglow: 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Well, As much as I hate the Nigeria music industry and the artistes. Olamide tends to be worst in limelight because he gained popularity off indigenous language and models of Nigeria interactions such as slangs, salutations, Nigeria street appeal, Apparel, photo Pose, Flows and flowery, Misongynistic potray of women and the likes.

So why isn't he recognized internationally.

Reason is those indigenous factors aforementioned is difficult for the international community to understand but it makes sense to Nigerian, Not just any Nigerian but the gullible and half baked educated once, the street hustlers, touts, loosed girls and club house.

As a 21st century man who relies on his brain for responsible living, Olamide is a bad influence to me and youngsters looking up to him. Wizkid and Davido are also bad influences but the difference is they use understandable pidgin/English and mostly sing about love to women , club and burning money but in English so the international community easily understands what they saying.

Warning- To you parents who dream of raising the Einstein, Tesla or Bill Gates of tomorrow then Wizkid, Davido & Olamide are all bad influence to your children.
Noted and thank you.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by poweredcom(m): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Umm well that's is why I still Saay tuface is the highest in ourtime
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by abbey621(m): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Sorry to say, You so media driven and people like you is the reason the black race would never evolve.

In your myopic view, you trash down my opinion down to ethnicity bias when the Yoruba language is my favourite indigenous language in Nigeria. That's so wrong!

You lack basic knowledge of the positivity I was trying to put out also lack basic sense of self and depends on the Tv to programme your path to life, Actually....that's why its called Tv programme so Enjoy.

It's a shame, I actually thought you were one of those highly educated critics we have in Nigeria until you replied with the hogwash you wrote above. The Black race is not evolving because it is being pulled down by the Black race! You claim to love the Yoruba language yet your main point of critique against Olamide is the fact that most of his songs are not understandable by those outside of Nigeria or those who don't understand Yoruba. I believe you or another one of your entourage stated he should sing in pidgin, so tell me how I should interpret your bias? Now to your final point, I believe my self worth and confidence is at an all time high, how would you know my path in life? Don't tell me you're like majority of Nairalanders always generalizing without context?

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by mcstar(f): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Some Nigerians and their slave mentality! When are we going to start appreciating our own? So he's not good enough because he doesn't role with them Drake, Kendrick, etc?
Lmao. They're the standard for the best because? Why can't they be the ones to want to role with our stars? 2face is a legend in Nigeria and beyond and he uses slangs, his native language and pidgin English in his songs and he's still reigning, been reigning for more than a decade so what? Many people don't understand Flavor's lyrics but we still love him. Get out of your pre-1960 mentality abeg. We're our own masters now.

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Yemimovich(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
OLAMIDE'S song is everywhere mr. thinker.Do you follow his shows and tours? Everyone has got his or her own style of singing. He is internationally relevant and going abroad to seek for collaborations is just waste of time. Everyone has got his or her own time.Try music and see how things work there. Head pass head.Ask runtown what's up. Remember Olamide is cirock ambassador in Africa.How did that happen if he never got recognition. R.Kelly sang beautifully, but how many grammys has he? He is just the best.You never can tell how he will flood the world tomorrow. Matter of fact, I see him as the most influential personality of 2016 in the music scene. Thanks.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by mctowel01: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:
Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

1) Quantity Over Quality - Olamide has made quantity is main goal..Flood the scene with songs and songs till you reach a point of equilibrum and then start to decline...

Olamide has failed to allow the people thirst for his songs and his releases are not up to expectations too...

It gets to a point listeners are no longer gingered to listen to what the artist will say as artist becomes monotous and repititive.

The rapper is even gearing up to release a sixth studio album.

2) Branding - Branding is also very much .... The Kind of brand Olamide potrays is of the not too internationally minded artist. He hardly dresses corporate and potray his versatility in his brand..

He has even gone ahead to Brand himself a Local Rapper. This type of image projected is the way he is addressed..

He has even refused to meet up with more influential managers and more serious minded and music experts ..... The lack of Expertise on the side of the management and consisting of influential managers does bear its mark.

3) Appeal - While deviation from indigenous music is not the point. Appeal is very paramount..... Olamide style is not appealing to the outside world.. Sometimes balancing works.. I wonder if Hausas listen to olamide songs ? But i bet more listen to 9ice ? Why

A little of more mature songs and english lyrics might do the trick....Do something appealing to every one and yet dont forget the minority. You dont waste international features with Wale on songs like papilo you go make us proud....

Give them what they love.. Trap,pop. Feature more of their artistes and seek for international features....

Olamide is a Legend and will remain one... However , breaking into the international market Like Wizkid is not an easy job......

Olamide has too much talent than to be labelled a local rapper... We want to see him topping the billboard chart and copping his own BET award soon too... Enough of the Headies and NEA awards.

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord

To be honest, this is pure crap... Olamide has gone far. I repeat, he is on another higher level to almost every artiste with the exception of wizkid and davido.. I served in kebbi state, a state far from where the most social activities occur in the country and yet in our camp, located very remote in a village, the almajiri boys came and were perforning to shakiti bobo and various olamide songs... Its a pity i couldnt take a video then. It was then i knew olamide's style, despite what you think, has taken him far.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by funnynation(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:
In Reminisce voice:

[size=15pt]"Oh Lord, ba mi Dari jin won... K'an f'enu ton fi pemini LOCAL pemi' NUMBER 1..!!!!! "[/size]
help me translate am abeg.. Wetin e mean??
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by adegoke93: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
5 songs in a week!Stop this exaggeration
Akjr:
Av like olamide right from time. Buh later on, releasing of music any how. About 5 songs a week makes me fee bored hearin his music. Am tired of his voice now. As 4 him ex boi boi lil kesh, dah him shoutin n rubish tok wont ,mk hm a star like WIZKID. Jst take a good look@ wizkid starting and u wll know d dude x talented wit a charming voice..... Evry artist wnt 2 b known globaly. Even d international stars wnt 2 b known in africa as well. Bt i neva hated him.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by hoebamaa(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
ettaetta:
Every one has his/her own style, dont expect him to sing like wizkid or davido.
I believe the style he is doing now is the magic that works for him. Every artist has a target audience and this dude is really doing well in the african music.

Its better to be a king at home than to be a boi boi internationally. He is really making impact. So far he is the most consistent naija artiste.

I disagree with you on wat u said that being a consistent act is not the best because if he had just one hit people would still complain that olamide has just one hit,
seconded
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by matrixme(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
What's the meaning of this poo? I won't have you guys poking your funny fingers at Olamide. Afterall does Phyno have international collabo yet? Some artists may not need international collabo to increase their popularity, maybe he's one. Besides he's a self-styled individual and people like him all the same.
Asha has a lot of international recognition yet isn't as popular as Olamide back home. Like they say, who international collabo help? Trust him to include your beefing in his next release shaa.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by ocheze1: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
To be honest. Music is a universal language which needs no translation. Olamide will get there when he gets there.. No rush!
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Heavance(m): 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
In business strategy, we have Cost, focus & differentiation. Let's just say, Olamide focuses on the local market, as his strategy, as making money is the most important thing.
It's not as if I am a fan of his a bit, I get the OP's point, I agree sef, but hey! his strategy is working for him.
Album number 6, wow, he don catch up with 2baba sef o.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by segzyogondus(m): 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Everyone can't be a prophet and everyone can't be a Priest either....Everyone can't be a leader and everyone can't be a follower.... So let Olamide continue doing what he knows how to do best if he gets recognized internationally so be it if not he is absolutely doing a fantastic job in making Nigerians happy in various sector....Women don't talk bad about him and that is great...He leaves a life that makes people believe that no matter what their background is they don't need people to praise them but need to be happy with what they do as long it affects life positively...Have you heard women talking about rape or whatsoever.... He calls himself a local rapper cos he is a proud Nigerian...Have you heard Jay-Z trying to be a German or Drake trying to be a British ? these people thrive in their Country so Olamide is doing same and not looking for recognition from any man who can't leave his Comfort zone for him..... Rick Ross can't call himself local.......

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by adegoke93: 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
I can't dispute the fact that olamide releases so many songs in a short period of time but the OP saying his releases was below expectations is just an understatement.How then will you describe D'banj's songs since he is now an international artist?
For a person to be voted artist of the year,that speaks alot about the person.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Ziggarrr: 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Well, As much as I hate the Nigeria music industry and the artistes. Olamide tends to be worst in limelight because he gained popularity off indigenous language and models of Nigeria interactions such as slangs, salutations, Nigeria street appeal, Apparel, photo Pose, Flows and flowery, Misongynistic potray of women and the likes.

Reason is those indigenous factors aforementioned is difficult for the international community to understand but it makes sense to Nigerian, Not just any Nigerian but the gullible and half baked educated once, the street hustlers, touts, loosed girls and club house.

As a 21st century man who relies on his brain for responsible living, Olamide is a bad influence to me and youngsters looking up to him. Wizkid and Davido are also bad influences but the difference is they use understandable pidgin/English and mostly sing about love to women , club and burning money but in English so the international community easily understands what they saying.

Warning- To you parents who dream of raising the Einstein, Tesla or Bill Gates of tomorrow then Wizkid, Davido & Olamide are all bad influence to your children.
Olamide's songs are for the gullible and half baked educated once, the street hustlers, touts, loosed girls and club house abi ? But when lil Wayne sing "My bitches love me, rick Ross sing "pussy, money, weed" and t-pain join them with "I'm in love with a striper" it will now be for sensible and educated people right? Don't castigate another man's hustle, that man get status for naija pass wizkid them because without him there is no kesh,young Jon,Viktor,Pheelz,adekunle gold. Who wizkid don help? Abi u think say to do boi boi for America na achievement.. Mtcheww the last time I checked Uhuru, don jazzy,AKA,Sarkodie are still doing it great in Africa.. Dbanj wey go international, see where he later land himself.. Please stop the hypocrisy
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kingDELE(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mumu OP. Com Kaduna u go knw say northerners sef dey OLAMIDE BADDO game.

I knw say u dey envy am. But sorry u hear?Notin 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by jaydee87(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
who cares abt recognition when u doing good on the home front. he shot down shows in yankee, malay, dublin how else do u want him to be intl.. abeg no be by collabo u understand na iamsynord still rocking ur otubante jam love it die...
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by SAMBARRY: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Well, As much as I hate the Nigeria music industry and the artistes. Olamide tends to be WORST in limelight because he gained popularity off indigenous language and models of Nigeria interactions such as slangs, salutations, Nigeria street appeal, Apparel, photo Pose, Flows and flowery, Misongynistic potray of women and the likes.

Reason is those indigenous factors aforementioned is difficult for the international community to understand but it makes sense to Nigerian, Not just any Nigerian but the gullible and half baked educated ONCE, the street hustlers, touts, LOOSED girls and club house.

grammarian and fully baked graduate. Enle o.you don't know the difference between once and ones and you're forming itk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:

Sharrap!! Receive sense, oga. Mention one international hiphop arstiste who does not rap about "love to women", go and listen to Fuji no one is forcing you to listen to HipHop, goddamn.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by haymoney01(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
kagari:
i believe sarkodie rap more in the native language than olamide, but sarkodie has gone badly international. Olamide still has a long way in contructing his music to fit the right timing
Don't say nonsense bro... Olamide is more recognised internationally than sarkodie...
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
poweredcom:
Umm well that's is why I still Saay tuface is the highest in ourtime

very very wrong statement.....
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
haymoney01:
Don't say nonsense bro... Olamide is more recognised internationally than sarkodie...

what are you saying bro... Olamide near sarkodie,no try am oo..

Sarkodie that did track with Acehood,, Sarkodie has a BET and MOBo, Olamide still dey slam red cup because of headies

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by jibs4lv(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
rhid1:

what is this one feeling like
dnt mind him,may in sidon for one corner dey type lubish,na only him waka come 21century.hypocrite,im no dey listen to dose music,yeye dey smell.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by tayo200(m): 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
concert in London, concert in Yankee...haha..Olamide na baba still... BTW na pmb cause all this o
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
matrixme:
What's the meaning of this poo? I won't have you guys poking your funny fingers at Olamide. Afterall does Phyno have international collabo yet? Some artists may not need international collabo to increase their popularity, maybe he's one. Besides he's a self-styled individual and people like him all the same.
Asha has a lot of international recognition yet isn't as popular as Olamide back home. Like they say, who international collabo help? Trust him to include your beefing in his next release shaa.

there is a diff btw intl collabo and intl recog.. If na intl collabo, he don feature Wale ,. Na reg we dey talk
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by ucee64(m): 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:

Oga March break there wetin concern u woooooooooooooo bad Belle dis is d reason u will remain poor for d rest of your miserable life.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by haymoney01(m): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:

what are you saying bro... Olamide near sarkodie,no try am oo..

Sarkodie that did track with Acehood,, Sarkodie has a BET and MOBo, Olamide still dey slam red cup because of headies
WTF is acehood?... My nigga, its nt by awards o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bovi To Nigerians Who Want Him To Apologize "Read My Lips.. "Eat ****" / E-money And Wife, Juliet Okonkwo Made Grand Entry To Funnybone Comedy Show / Abdulsalam Sanyaolu 'Charles Olumo' Celebrates His 97th Birthday (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.