Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! (56352 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Why Olamide Will Last In The Music Industry / Olayode Juliana Vows To Remain A Virgin Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
caracas:

Wait o which nice are u referring to
Is it the one we all know is dead n buried musically or anoda one .Oga abeg park well

9ice is still relevant in the industry... Take it or leave it...

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by labi1977(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:
Ybnl Boss and Versatile Music artiste, Olamide aka Badoo is one of the most respected and recognized artiste in the Country...

His versatility to rap and sing and also fit into different genres of music from trap to reggae to fuji and many more has distinguished from The crop of talented artistes in Nigeria today..

This brings one to the reason why the artiste has not been duly recognized internationally and outside Nigeria alongside his peers like Davido and Wizkid..

Why is Olamide name lacking in most international awards and the talented artiste not getting deserved attention from the outside World..

Silly comments. Unlike many artists I believe he is an evolver. He has evolved from the days when he was singing silly lil songs with the likes of wizkid into a mature artist n manager. I [b]don't [/b]think he is currently targeting himself internationally choosing to stay "gutter" like many US undergound or UK grime artists who do the same.

Yes, he does put out a lot of average songs for his alayes (not u) but his media team can really be top notch and I think some of his videos are the best around adding whatevers missing to the songs. It's the same way not all Phyno's newer songs can relate to non-igbos right now.

Furthermore, I believe he is pacing himself and hiding some of his talent and just having fun. When he chooses to evolve again or go international I think he can while some others stay in the same rubbish "Caro" loop. Finally I think he has stage presence you can feel in any language.

Some international quality Examples

Baddest w/ stone bwoy- mostly English great lyrics that show his international potential
1st of all
Durosoke - Great song and video
Melo - Kinda Boring but has violins and Orchestral sounds, nice touch
Abule sowo - Alaye song - but great video with very strong cultural impact

peace
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
labi1977:

Silly comments. Unlike many artists I believe he is an evolver. He has evolved from the days when he was singing silly lil songs with the likes of wizkid into a mature artist n manager. I [b]don't [/b]think he is currently targeting himself internationally choosing to stay "gutter" like many US undergound or UK grime artists who do the same.

Yes, he does put out a lot of average songs for his alayes (not u) but his media team can really be top notch and I think some of his videos are the best around adding whatevers missing to the songs. It's the same way not all Phyno's newer songs can relate to non-igbos right now.

Furthermore, I believe he is pacing himself and hiding some of his talent and just having fun. When he chooses to evolve again or go international I think he can while some others stay in the same rubbish "Caro" loop. Finally I think he has stage presence you can feel in any language.

Baddest w/ stone bwoy- mostly English great lyrics that show his international potential
1st of all

peace

let me shock you...do you know that if olamide had continued with the kind of music he had on his first album, rhapsodi, he would have been signed on an international label by now ?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by JohnQueen(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
I get your perspective OP but lemme say this real quick. I think the man is quite content with the level he is, so long the checks are rolling in.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by olanshile2016(m): 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
[b][/b][b][/b]you tried@ op
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by 2dice01: 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:

every artiste goal is for their music to be accepted and not only accepted but accepted by many people....

Not matter how much you love the local olamide ,. You cant tell me he does not wish for global acceptance...

He does not wish to be with chris brown, drake, jcole, kendrick and the rest......

He is too talented to be in the local scene..

A popular crusade banner once said ' dont be tied in the village
wat is chris brown drake and so on that is the shiii i dont like hearing...you put dis guys higher than you home made artiste why?...cus they are white or what ...shey fela dine with them when he was alive was he not celebrated...abeggi is better to be a farmer in ya house than looking for white collar job wey scarce pass tomatoes
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
2dice01:
wat is chris brown drake and so on that is the shiii i dont like hearing...you put dis guys higher than you home made artiste why?...cus they are white or what ...shey fela dine with them when he was alive was he not celebrated...abeggi is better to be a farmer in ya house than looking for white collar job wey scarce pass tomatoes

dice , is not about being white or not..,. These guys are global stars.. Ok., make he feature lilwayne, kendrick and meek , at least they are black..

You shld go for guys that will boost your record, why do u think all these south africa and east africa people are hustling for wizkid,, its because he is a global brand nd on bigger level.. Is he not black too...?

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by labi1977(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:

let me shock you...do you know that if olamide had continued with the kind of music he had on his first album, rhapsodi, he would have been signed on an international label by now ?

Dude he set his OWN label at like 20, I don't really think he's looking to hard for any international label - but he is capable.

BTW many Nigerians on international labels are not necessarily putting out great music and many have even fallen off. E.g I totally despise the new drake wiz(silent) collabo.

Shot out to Timaya and the guy that sang "ordinary people" though.

Fyi to ppl saying "tout" - He's a millionaire, he's having fun, has done more than you and can sing in English fluently when he chooses. I can't relate to some of Phynos new songs but I don't call him "okoro" for them like little brains.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by aremed(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Well, As much as I hate the Nigeria music industry and the artistes. Olamide tends to be worst in limelight because he gained popularity off indigenous language and models of Nigeria interactions such as slangs, salutations, Nigeria street appeal, Apparel, photo Pose, Flows and flowery, Misongynistic potray of women and the likes.

So why isn't he recognized internationally.

Reason is those indigenous factors aforementioned is difficult for the international community to understand but it makes sense to Nigerian, Not just any Nigerian but the gullible and half baked educated once, the street hustlers, touts, loosed girls and club house.

As a 21st century man who relies on his brain for responsible living, Olamide is a bad influence to me and youngsters looking up to him. Wizkid and Davido are also bad influences but the difference is they use understandable pidgin/English and mostly sing about love to women , club and burning money but in English so the international community easily understands what they saying.

Warning- To you parents who dream of raising the Einstein, Tesla or Bill Gates of tomorrow then Wizkid, Davido & Olamide are all bad influence to your children.

anoda werey has spoken

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
PublicAssurance:
[size=18pt]He is there chopping his millions and you are busy talking Local.[/size]
what milion is this not the olamide that was begging 4a car and punching everybody

2 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by loyeh02(m): 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Still trying to come up with the meaning of international recognition and why it is so important to us.

BADDO SNEH...ride on

My best track from Rapsody... Responsibility ft Adol
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by labi1977(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
Sir' I'm sorry I had to come off realistically about our present day unrealistic realities.

I get pained when I see that only black people can not evolve.

Many here r more evolved than u are by the rubbish comments you keep making.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by 2dice01: 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamsynord:

dice , is not about being white or not..,. These guys are global stars.. Ok., make he feature lilwayne, kendrick and meek , at least they are black..

You shld go for guys that will boost your record, why do u think all these south africa and east africa people are hustling for wizkid,, its because he is a global brand nd on bigger level.. Is he not black too...?
am sure he can feature a big artist..cus he got the connection..ciroc signed him owned by p.diddy .he should have watch the video where rick ross was dancin his song durosoke or so...he just dont give a fvck about it.. Pls go listen to prayer to client by badoo
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Israellb(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dahveydson:
If you don't understand music, Keep shut!!

Who International recognition epp?

D'banj went international, where is the koko master today?

And some of the points are outrightly ridiculous and stupid, because he doesn't dress corporate? Really? Did Fela dress corporate?

These jokers with nothing to write about should go and work on being known in their Local govt first before attempting to throw stone at someone for not being international.

Op who you epp? You don bath? Smellos!
U asking where Dbanj is ok he's in GoodMusic,Mercury Records, Sony Music Entertainment, ROCKSTAR4000 , RCA
Abeg where olamide dey?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by itzsniper(m): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry
abeg what of phyno and oga boss
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by kumulus(m): 12:45am On Jun 24, 2016
Young G be bulking up...dey dere dey talk international. How many artiste international don epp Hustle na hustle, owonikoko
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by graphiti: 2:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:

every artiste goal is for their music to be accepted and not only accepted but accepted by many people....

Not matter how much you love the local olamide ,. You cant tell me he does not wish for global acceptance...

He does not wish to be with chris brown, drake, jcole, kendrick and the rest......

He is too talented to be in the local scene..

A popular crusade banner once said ' dont be tied in the village

Soliloquy... *na wah o! I juss kant wrap meself over how somborri dey use panadol ontop anoda parsin headache*

***He's a "loka wrapper" yet he's havin sold-out tourz in Yankee? ***

***He's a "thug" but Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Kanye West etc are role models 4 ur kidz shey? ***

***he uses vulgar languages but d Lil Waynes and co sing hymns abi? ***

In timaya' s voice : "....... bad belle pipo......."

He that carries anoda parsins matter 4 head like gala is called an "okonkwo"!!!

Somborri sure needz a #stong mouthwash!

-------------------------------------

Cc Labi1977 2dice01 caracas JohnQueen PublicAssurance Loyeh02 Dahveydson itzsniper kumulus amparas junglej abbey621 mcstar Yemimovich mctowel01 adegoke93 aremed hoebamaa ettaetta matrime segzyogondus ziggarrr KingDELE Amefrica haymoney01 rhid1 jibs4lv tayo200

3 Likes

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by DedeNkem: 3:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:

my point exactly,, was it not untill flavour started doing english and collabos with yoruba nd western acts , he started gaining more recognition....

Exactly.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by DedeNkem: 3:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:

my point exactly,, was it not untill flavour started doing english and collabos with yoruba nd western acts , he started gaining more recognition....

Exactly.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by barcaboi(m): 4:54am On Jun 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Olamide rose rapidly to the top by singing jargons and has remained there by signing more jargons. Obviously because we Nigerians are intellectually lazy to critique whatever songs come out. We simply go well with jargons.
Check out his lyrics, does it make any sense to an educated mind? Now compare his lyrics to other African artistes of international acclaim (pls don't mention Davido), then you'll see why he remains a street boy.
PS : Artistes like Wizkid, Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, 2face, Kofi olomide began on the street, today they have gone global.
bring me lyrics from wizkids song that actually makes sense....
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by barcaboi(m): 4:59am On Jun 24, 2016
everyone will be forming analyst. ..hian!!.....whats my business with international recognition? ask dbanj how far it has helped him, do u even listen to dbanjs songs again?....Baddo has an endorsement with etisalat, ciroc and do they sound like a local brand? he shd be himself. ...he has an endorsement with Lagos state and I'd take bn accepted in my home over what oyinbos feel abt me...and the silly statement that he doesn't dress corporate; damn corporate. ...I love his natives; watch eleda mi.....I need his tailor's number.....corporate my ass*

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 24, 2016
labi1977:

1st of all

peace

you have made d best comment so far..... God bless you.
One question i wish many ask themselve is why do dey not hate olamide despite dat dey dont really accept him..? than young man has convinced me dat he is a talented evolver. God give him long life, you ll be shockd dat at 70, he go still dey rap on a completely difrnt level....
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by brajy(m): 5:27am On Jun 24, 2016
buharisbae:
op you are 100% right! his songs are for Yoruba touts and street people he speak 90% of yoruba in his song he doesn't carry others in his song he song are just popular mostly in the west

issue of not getting international features and bla bla is due to the fact that he is Local! anyways I still love olamide!

and yeah he need to slow down in the release of song he need to get people to thirst for his song! that's y WizKid doesn't drop singles and album any how he needs to be thirsted for in the industry
I disagree with u. have u ever being to Kano? if no then u should not have said that bcs here in. Kano olamide na thier favorite
...u go Hausa man dey dance to say something or Abule sowo. if u think am lying then don't believe me!
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Artib(m): 5:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:
Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

1) Quantity Over Quality - Olamide has made quantity is main goal..Flood the scene with songs and songs till you reach a point of equilibrum and then start to decline...

Olamide has failed to allow the people thirst for his songs and his releases are not up to expectations too...

It gets to a point listeners are no longer gingered to listen to what the artist will say as artist becomes monotous and repititive.

The rapper is even gearing up to release a sixth studio album.

2) Branding - Branding is also very much .... The Kind of brand Olamide potrays is of the not too internationally minded artist. He hardly dresses corporate and potray his versatility in his brand..

He has even gone ahead to Brand himself a Local Rapper. This type of image projected is the way he is addressed..

He has even refused to meet up with more influential managers and more serious minded and music experts ..... The lack of Expertise on the side of the management and consisting of influential managers does bear its mark.

3) Appeal - While deviation from indigenous music is not the point. Appeal is very paramount..... Olamide style is not appealing to the outside world.. Sometimes balancing works.. I wonder if Hausas listen to olamide songs ? But i bet more listen to 9ice ? Why

A little of more mature songs and english lyrics might do the trick....Do something appealing to every one and yet dont forget the minority. You dont waste international features with Wale on songs like papilo you go make us proud....

Give them what they love.. Trap,pop. Feature more of their artistes and seek for international features....

Olamide is a Legend and will remain one... However , breaking into the international market Like Wizkid is not an easy job......

Olamide has too much talent than to be labelled a local rapper... We want to see him topping the billboard chart and copping his own BET award soon too... Enough of the Headies and NEA awards.

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord

for your mind.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by dcasca(m): 5:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Olamide is unique in his own way. He is doing his own things in his own way. He has met with the people that matter in this country, the governors, ministers and even the president himself one on one. He is not crazy about international recognition.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Dahveydson(m): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Israellb:

U asking where Dbanj is ok he's in GoodMusic,Mercury Records, Sony Music Entertainment, ROCKSTAR4000 , RCA
Abeg where olamide dey?

Goodmusic in ajegunle abi Sony music under oshodi bridge?

Mtchewww
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by gbengat6(m): 6:19am On Jun 24, 2016
If you don't understand music, Keep shut!! Who International recognition epp? D'banj went international, where is the koko master today? And some of the points are outrightly ridiculous and stupid, because he doesn't dress corporate? Really? Did Fela dress corporate? These jokers with nothing to write about should go and work on being known in their Local govt first before attempting to throw stone at someone for not being international.
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by stevups(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Was the contest he won in Ghana a local one too?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by poweredcom(m): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:

very very wrong statement.....

I beg ur pardon is there aany Naaija dancehall artist dat make back to back hits like tubaba d guy is a genius
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by Tosyno51(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2016
LEGEND
In my opinion, he isn't a legend......yet

1 Like

Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by syntekelite(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Iamsynord:
Note - Doing indigenous music is not an excuse for lack of intl recognition. 9ice was invited to nelson mandela and MOB0 and Yousuf won a grammy with his local songs.. So doing local or indigenous song is never an excuse..

1) Quantity Over Quality - Olamide has made quantity is main goal..Flood the scene with songs and songs till you reach a point of equilibrum and then start to decline...

Olamide has failed to allow the people thirst for his songs and his releases are not up to expectations too...

It gets to a point listeners are no longer gingered to listen to what the artist will say as artist becomes monotous and repititive.

The rapper is even gearing up to release a sixth studio album.

2) Branding - Branding is also very much .... The Kind of brand Olamide potrays is of the not too internationally minded artist. He hardly dresses corporate and potray his versatility in his brand..

He has even gone ahead to Brand himself a Local Rapper. This type of image projected is the way he is addressed..

He has even refused to meet up with more influential managers and more serious minded and music experts ..... The lack of Expertise on the side of the management and consisting of influential managers does bear its mark.

3) Appeal - While deviation from indigenous music is not the point. Appeal is very paramount..... Olamide style is not appealing to the outside world.. Sometimes balancing works.. I wonder if Hausas listen to olamide songs ? But i bet more listen to 9ice ? Why

A little of more mature songs and english lyrics might do the trick....Do something appealing to every one and yet dont forget the minority. You dont waste international features with Wale on songs like papilo you go make us proud....

Give them what they love.. Trap,pop. Feature more of their artistes and seek for international features....

Olamide is a Legend and will remain one... However , breaking into the international market Like Wizkid is not an easy job......

Olamide has too much talent than to be labelled a local rapper... We want to see him topping the billboard chart and copping his own BET award soon too... Enough of the Headies and NEA awards.

Written By Iamsynord

@iamsynord

we are not slaves anymore,lilwayne,kanye,jayz,2chainz,all cannot make it in our nigerian industry let alone collect kora awards...so why should we bow to americans just cos tgey have a bettèr economy and government who did the needful for their music industry..moreover 70% of american rappers spew recycled and vulgar lyrics,why is olamide's lyrics bad and not theirs?
Re: Why Olamide Might Remain A Local Artiste For Long !! by saintdennis(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2016
buharisbae:

hmmm! no to look proud and prolly as a sign of respect!

Exactly, we are not humble because we wanna be 'humble' but because we wanna portray a good image and also in order to 'gain favour'.

Humility isn't just a form of pride, it is the highest level of pride.

Humility is being TOO PROUD to allow your pride(ego) negatively affect your opportunity to receive something immediate or in future.

that is why some people when upset make statements like "if no b condition how this smallie wan dey talk to me anyhow". "Imagine a common security man with ordinary SSCE insulting me just because I wanted to submit my application @ the bank". Etc.

Also people are only nice to others below their level in life because 'no one knows tomorrow'

During elections A godfather / politician will humble himself b4 the electorate because he's too proud to loose that election, he needs to win that election to further boost his pride(ego). I mean who wouldn't be proud to be called governor, senator or honourable?

In summary...humility is a form of pride, it's just got better PR grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid To Tiwa Savage: 'Stay Sexy For Daddy' / Junior Pope & His Wife, Jennifer Wore Same Cloth 6 Years After, Got Fans Arguing / 'You Need A Wife Like My Own' - Burna Boy Showers Praises On Stefflon Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.