Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,980 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. (36984 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience Using An Itel Phone / Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by evanstical: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
This is pure cheat .next time ask of the White House (main mkt admin/security block) and report your matter. The can mediate on it.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......
you be mumu I swear....similar thing happened to me during my school days,at douglas market...I bought a shoe...next thing the guy I bought the shoe from said I should follow him to a guy that will pin the sole for me...I jejely followed oo...d agbero boy begin knack pin inside my new shoe left and right...after everything eem tell me say my money na 2 k....for shoe wey I buy 3k5...niqqa seized my shoes oo...that until I pay eem money...I no even look am...na,de guy wey I buy d shoe I face....*ya wuru ma mu ejighi shoe a puo ebe a, iga ere ahia nke ds month n'ime cell oo......*if I don't leave here with this shoe,you go sell this month's market for inside police cell* the guy feel say I de joke...I leave them with the shoes begin comot....na race dm run come meet me with d shoe

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by genxris: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
olaitoro:
op chai erie na gi.

hahahaha

Onitsha boys are not smiling,
op next time wise up and stop behaving like sissy when in business transaction.

Igbo Boys Movement IBM. proud of them.
It's not funny and nothing worth to be proud of. A innocent person was robbed in broad daylight by trick and you are praising Igbo boys , I'm Igbo and I don't support such craziness ( okwa otua Kanyi Ge si ebi nime Biafra o wu).
Sorry for your experience poster and l hope everyone learns from it and spread the word to everyone you know so they don't fall victim.

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by vikaosi: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....

I avoid Emeka Offor plaza like Ebola. Those boys are heartless. Took my laptop there for repairs, at the end of the day, they had changed some of the original parts. I've learnt my lessons.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by 247notire(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
FanYogo1:
Never trade with an Ibo man again. You've been forwarned. We've had many threads like this one pop up.

It is about Ibos. That's why Yorubas will always control the business sector while y'all continue with your trading. .
Aturu. Why not advise him to do business with people that have shops? In that same market there's a warning on a sign board about dealing with those road siders. Mugu fall, guy man chop.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Mosesoly(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
have always been swapping my fone at alaba market,Guy if you are going there for the first time,just hold someone who has been in the business for long or call any military man close to you and there won't be problem,and always put that strong face when interacting with them,don't form JJC or else you are done.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by libertyfather(m): 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
@ bsaying go back there and report them to the said market security, try to locate their main security office make your complaint that's the main they are in the market not to aid to stupid hooligans to make way with ur hard earned money
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
FanYogo1:

He can make up his mind to do business with non-Ibo traders. Anyone can import and open a 2x2 corner shop.

wat are da waiting for.......da should import and open.....I da laugh you in french

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by UndisputedBosom(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
The economy is bad nd u knw dat so any lope hole don bcum scapegoat....

1st hand xperience ntin lyk dat... U ve learn nd i guess ur eyes is now open nd u re now also wiser...

Sorry for the lost though, obu ije uwa
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by stubbornman(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Same thing they almost tried with my friend last year ...we no gree oh ,those boys are thieves, after fighting I ended up calling my soldier friend after we have spilled some blood....that day ehnnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by gustav25: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Look at this man coming to diss the Igbo man ...werey ...
.you were a jjc and the gave you the jjc treatment which is attainable anywhere even in warri .....next time don't do street business if you are not street wise or you go with some one who has street credibility and stop complaining like a little bitch and pointing fingers.

And for the fanyogo modafucka saying rubbish with his amala face ,even in Alaba and computer village they do it also so stop displaying excess stupidity in public international glare

I recall vividly when I was still a market noob and usually fall prey to the predators of the market that have no shops but will ask you if you want to buy or sale stuffs until I decided to study the market very well.......so stop wailing and find a way to recover your phone if truly u didn't steal it

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
baysol:

When are these Ipod criminals leaving Nigeria for us abeg? That bis why they must be evicted from Lagos.

hahahahah....Yoruba always claiming Lagos.....sorry....da are ready to leave sine 1967....ask your country y da have refused them leaving and your brown roof citizens...make sure you ask them

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by suremanpatriot: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
...AS A FELLOW IGBO,AM DEEPLY SADDENED AND ASHAMED OF WHAT THESE HEARTLESS ONITSHA BOYZ HAV DEGENERATED TO BOTH IN EAST,ONITSHA AND SOME FEW ONES IN COMPUTER VILLAGE LAGOS. THEY ARE NOW SERIOUS LIABILITY AND MENACE TO SOCIETY, SINCE THEY HAD REFUSED TO GO TO SCHOOL THOSE DAYS OBI PROF. CHINUE ACHEBE HAD FOREWARNED THEM ON IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION IN FUTURE. MY FRIEND SORRY FOR YOUR ENCOUNTER,AND
BEWARE OF THEIR GIMMICKS because THEY OPERATE AS WOOFS IN SHEEP OUTFITS DUPING PEOPLE AND CAUSING MORE HARM THAN GOOD, WITHOUT SOLVING ANY PROBLEM TO EARN A LIVING undecided

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by emekajonny(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
I doubt if d phone is really yours bkez u sounded as if u were avoiding d security men.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by EasternActivist: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Saying you won't do business with an Igbo man is your height of foolishness...

Now tell me If any Igbo man cares if you are existing for him to make business that will bring him fortune... No one I presume...

E no go remove pin from any Igbo man but e go commot all your sweat from you denying yourself business opportunities with an Igbo man...

So Who is given eachother the favour here? You or the Igbo man

Better grow up. Rubbish...

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by stubbornman(m): 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Perfecttouch:
almost same thing happened to a military officer sometimes ago, people who reside in Akure will know olukayode shopping complex in Akure. The man was on mufty a senior officer I later found out. He came there to repair a tablet and laptop. He was so gentle in the face. After scanning they just told him scanning and repair cost 23k. He was like how much is the price of these things I brought self. But it seems engineers in that complex do cooperate to obtain customers. They seized both devices and tell him to bring their money,he was just smiling,climbed down two stairs and made a phone call. Long story short,every engineer on that second floor both the ones that new about it and the ones just coming, wept that day after series of real flogging. They repaired the gadgets,changes the case for free and ended up chopping several lashes of koboko.
I love this grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

Bro, if this happened recently, get help and go back for your stuff. This laying your sorrows at the feet of Igbo people only goes to show how naive you were. Have you had of any place in this world where's there's no crime or mischief? Some people are already offering to help you on here, link up with them, get military connection and explain how everything happened. Go get your things or keep suffering with your Igbo people rant.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
suremanpatriot:
...AS A FELLOW IGBO,AM DEEPLY SADDENED AND ASHAMED OF WHAT THESE HEARTLESS ONITSHA BOYZ HAV DEGENERATED TO BOTH IN EAST,ONITSHA AND SOME FEW ONES IN COMPUTER VILLAGE LAGOS. THEY ARE NOW SERIOUS LIABILITY AND MENACE TO SOCIETY, SINCE THEY HAD REFUSED TO GO TO SCHOOL THOSE DAYS OBI PROF. CHINUE ACHEBE HAD FOREWARNED THEM ON IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION IN FUTURE. MY FRIEND SORRY FOR YOUR ENCOUNTER,AND
BEWARE OF THEIR GIMMICKS because THEY OPERATE AS WOOFS IN SHEEP OUTFITS DUPING PEOPLE AND CAUSING MORE HARM THAN GOOD, WITHOUT SOLVING ANY PROBLEM TO EARN A LIVING undecided

are you normal...must you comment

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
No offence to igbos.... I wrote in anger... ...i totally apologize for victimizing all igbos for a bad experience with a few... The reason i later gave him my bb was because i had told him i wanted to sell the bb for 12grand,when the whole drama now started, he decided to price it for 10grand...and den decided to pay d 5k......the part of the story i didnt really add was that i went with the intention of selling the bb too... But wanted to sell the tabs first... My only hurt now is that he gave me 5k instead of the full payment for the bb..
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Rhaspody(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
You shouldn't go there to sell anything unless you know someone there. i go there all the time and know all their tricks.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by stonecoldcafe: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

Terribly sorry this was your experience. Even worse that your own brothers treated you this way. cry cry cry cry

If you follow Nairaland very well, you will realize how you ought to be very smart when you go to places like that especially the infamous Computer Village in Ikeja Lagos. They advise this all the time on Nairaland but you guys dont pay heed. Anyway another person will come and cry here tomorrow. Dont worry, just let it go and pray for them. That money/phone will never amount to anything good for them because in pains they cheated you. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Taryur3(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
K
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by cupid4ig(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ur biggest mistake is actually talking to those useless touts standing by the road side who doesn't have any shop. Next time u want to go there enter the plaza find a shop and talk with the shop owner. That place is just like lagos computer village. Or better still go with person that knows the market very well.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by SirREX94: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hahahahaha...''Once bitten, twice shy'' they say! Hard luck bro! Okwa ndia na ndia
bsaying:

It wont last for years o.... When i was leaving another guy saw me with the two tabs and asked if i wanted to sell or repair... I just smiled and went my way....
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Francis95(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Op, pele oo... i live close to Emeka Offor, you should av sent me a Pm.

thats what they normally do...

doing business with us is great, you just have to be wise..

Many people have being falling for this same scamming ish, every person in Onitsha already knows their strategy...

they knew you werent igbo ..lol pele cool
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by ouigy99(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
jmichlins:
From the moment you stepped into the market, you looked like jjc and they capitalized on that. You could have opened a thread here to sell the device or give it out to someone as charity and the pain you are feeling now you will not experience it. Believe me when i tell you that the feeling will last for years. Whenever you hear of the plaza you will realize how foolish you were

Though I pity him for his loss, his act from the onset was foolish. Before going to sell something, you should have a target market in mind. Why did he agree to follow "ndi oso ahia" in the first place? I bet you when those guys were leading him to to slaughter house, he passed so many genuine shops but chose to be led to a korro where their evil plans will be achieved.
As a nairalander, you see people advertising such products here and they make their sales. Even if you don't want to use nairaland, I believe there should be reputable phone dealers in on it Sha like slot or fine brothers where he could go and make a swap or outright sell deal.
The final sentence made me laugh at him.... He is now blaming "igbo" for his loss.... Well, maybe he meant igbo weed that made him make such mistake. All markets have criminal elements so it's not a tribal affair; early this month, a college of mine got duped inside a Lagos banking hall of the sum of 10000 dollars.... Yes ten thousand dollars by aboki BDC. How did they do that? As he was driving into their spot in ikeja, 2 hausas rushed at him and gave him a price which after he went round was higher by like 5 naira per dollar. He now agreed to deal with them and the said they should go and do the deal in the bank for safety reasons (which flushed any suspicions away cause he felt the bank was the safest place). When they got there, they said the wanted to count the dollars to confirm, and he gave them. One counted it and affirmed it, the other now used his calculator to check the naira equivalent of which they now said they don't have the complete amount in their account. The gave him back his money and pleaded with him not to go sell to any other person for they wanted to go bring the remaining balance from their office. After waiting an hour and a half, this guy now felt they were taking too long so he decided to go and sell it to any other person even if it's at a cheaper price.
On now getting to the BDC shops it was now discovered that the 10000 given back to him were all fakes. Did this guy blame the hausa? Nope... He blamed himself for choosing to do business with "ndi oso ahia"
Computer village in lagos too, if you end up doing business with most of those people that are at the entrance asking you questions and telling you they have this and that, you might end up buying a phone with fufu or soap inside.
While traveling too, you pass normal parks like ifesinachi, God is good, Okun line, etc. And go enter bus without a name which an "Onye oso ahia" is screaming one chance remaining and is calling a price cheaper than normal,after 1 hour inside that bus, you find out you were the only passenger in the first place case everyone starts getting down one by one.
When we humans make mistakes, let's learn to stop trying to blame our loss on one thing, tribe or another. Let's learn our lessons which will make us wiser in the future.

Op, one again, sorry for your loss

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by sorepco(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
Next time in such a situation just agreed that market security be called in. Infact note the shop number and go get market security!! Them go beg u. Mist of those guys r tout and security would ve deal with them.
Genuine bizmen will want those touts outta that plaza as they give the plaza a bad name.
But y wud u be so naive and say u wont do bz with them ipob youths??

bsaying:
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by michaelwilli(m): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
donhils:
You should not have allowed them scan anything for you in the first place. Anyways, u didn't know. Sorry.
But what those guys are doing is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Op if u won't do business with an Igbo man again, that probably means u may never do business with anybody again. Another thing you could've done was simply go out and look for those Mopol guys around, bring them there and all your problems would be solved.

And you'll spend notin mor dan 2k on the mopol. na im b say if dis guy com lagos, dem go chop im eye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Phone 25k Can Get? / Lastest Selfie Stick In Town....pix / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.