Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,835 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com (12923 Views)

How To Order From Gearbest.com And Pay Directly With Your Bank Account / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap / Has Gearbest.com Duped Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by dragnet: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
meetmonde:
I am a novice on thos and I intend buying from alibaba.. chatted with tbe seller and was told item cost 203dolar den shipping plus item cost 440$ or dia about.. I av some questions. can I please chat u up.. thanks
what are you buying and what method of shipping would cost you that much? you can ship at half that price if you use Nigerian freight forwarders.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
dragnet:

what are you buying and what method of shipping would cost you that much? you can ship at half that price if you use Nigerian freight forwarders.
here is the item

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60360590384/Military-Clinometer-Transparent-Camping-Map-Paver.html

I am planning to import 100pieces.. how do I go about it to make it cheaper considering this economic woes
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by dragnet: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
meetmonde:
here is the item

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60360590384/Military-Clinometer-Transparent-Camping-Map-Paver.html

I am planning to import 100pieces.. how do I go about it to make it cheaper considering this economic woes

go to business section or contact Aleairhub and the others...

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Macaulish(m): 12:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Hello Guys,

God Bless you All..

I started using GEARBEST late last year .. Am in Ogun State (Ilaro) inside the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. They've being delivering any item i order from there site to me safely and in good conditions.
There shipment do take 3 weeks to a month to arrive at my School Nipost office. Where I just go in and pick it with my ID CARD and little fee of N100 at first but now I just pick up since am well recognized.

So also are items I order from ALI EXPRESS. I usually buy my items from agent/sellers that are up to 5years and above on Aliexpress to avoid being fraud.

eBay is my NO GO AREA (I just don't like the place personally)

I can recommend gearbest & aliexpress to anyone as this poster has said. they do deliver with confidence.

I use UBA Card and GTBank Card for my payment option for the 2 site. there rates are still friendly....

Bless You.

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
meetmonde:
I am a novice on thos and I intend buying from alibaba.. chatted with tbe seller and was told item cost 203dolar den shipping plus item cost 440$ or dia about.. I av some questions. can I please chat u up.. thanks
Yeah, that's why I am here, fire on

here is the item

I support the above response by dragnet. Personally I have employed the services of "Eghosa" and "lstar". Search for the above names on nairaland. They will pick up from China and land it at their Lagos office for you to pick up. lstar can arrange and send by transport for you if you stay outside Lagos and unable to pick it up yourself. If the above arrangement is too complex for you to undertake you can alternatively search for the same goods on aliexpress.com and be rest assured that you are paying for item and shipping to your doorstep even if it will a bit higher in price than alibaba.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
tobbie247:

Thank you very much.
They charge how much? I hope it's not way above N300.
last time I checked, it was N310/$1

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
joenor:
without paying for Postal service fee?
There are shipping options. Usually most orders below $40 - $50 is shipped free as ordinary mail without tracking. This arrives after a month or thereabout. Orders above the mentioned value is shipped free with tracking no. with 18days delivery range ~ as the first shipping option. For low cost items without automatic tracking the, tracking feature can be bought separately for $1.99. The second shipping option is usually express delivery 5 - 10days (i.e. Courier such as DHL, UPS, FEDEX, etc). This will understandably cost.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by xtremeidea(m): 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
optimised:

There are shipping options. Usually most orders below $40 - $50 is shipped free as ordinary mail without tracking. This arrives after a month or thereabout. Orders above the mentioned value is shipped free with tracking no. with 18days delivery range ~ as the first shipping option. For low cost items without automatic tracking the, tracking feature can be bought separately for $1.99. The second shipping option is usually express delivery 5 - 10days (i.e. Courier such as DHL, UPS, FEDEX, etc). This will understandably cost.

@ Poster. this your sweet review, are you sure its not cuz u wanna make money from the site's reward program?

http://www.gearbest.com/about/free-gift-cards.html grin grin grin grin
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by joenor(m): 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ok thanks Bro
optimised:

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
xtremeidea:

@ Poster. this your sweet review, are you sure its not cuz u wanna make money from the site's reward program?

http://www.gearbest.com/about/free-gift-cards.html grin grin grin grin
Has this thread, based on the posts and questions asked and answered brought enlightenment about online shopping and shipping?
Yes or No
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by busuyi44: 5:57am On Jul 01, 2016
optimised:

Has this thread, based on the posts and questions asked and answered brought enlightenment about online shopping and shipping?
Yes or No
YES YES YES.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by divo(m): 6:36am On Jul 01, 2016
what is the exchange rate to naira on gearbest.com
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Macaulish(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2016
divo:

It depends on your bank ATM Rate and as at the time you are carrying out the transaction ..

Presently it keeps flunctuating between $1 ~ N310 - N325 for online purchasing..

Cheers...
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
[ divo :

Macaulish
It depends on your bank ATM Rate and as at the time you are carrying out the transaction ..
Presently it keeps fluctuating between $1 ~ N310 - N325 for online purchasing..
Cheers... [/quote]

Gearbest payment is via buyers' bank Credit/Debit Cards and Paypal.
So what you are charged depends on your own bank exchange rate as at the date of purchase. That is what the last post was trying to explain.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Macaulish(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Guys,

Having Problem with Postcode/zipcode on your shipping address ?

here

http://nigeriapostcodes.com/

You can search for you Area postcode via Urban , Rural and Postal Facility

or you can simply use "23401" IF your shipping address can be remotely located by Carrier Agents..

Thank You.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Misterlecturer: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2016
@Optimised, could U pls give answers to the following questions. I'll really appreciate ur swift response. Thanks in advance.

(1) With d monthly limit of $100, how do I pay for items that exceed $100 on Gearbest?

(2) With ur experience with Aliexpress, how do I fund my wallet?

(3) How do I put money in my Paypal wallet

(4) If I'm buying multiple items, would they be shipped seperately or they would be packaged together?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
Misterlecturer:
@Optimised, could U pls give answers to the following questions. I'll really appreciate ur swift response. Thanks in advance.

(1) With d monthly limit of $100, how do I pay for items that exceed $100 on Gearbest?

(4) If I'm buying multiple items, would they be shipped seperately or they would be packaged together?

1. Use a dollar dominated card
3. PayPal Nigeria is only linked to the card, no wallet
4. They would be shipped separately if sellers is different.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by optimised: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
Misterlecturer:

EMMAACHILE:

Aliexpress is an online comprising different shops and sellers, while gearbest is an online shop (singer seller).
If you buy different items from different sellers in aliexpress, obviously, it would be shipped differently. One seller can be in Beijing, another in Shenzhen.
In the case of gearbest, usually, it is easier for them to consolidate all your orders in a cart into a single package for shipment. However, gearbest has different warehouses in China, Hong Kong, Europe. If a particular item ordered is in HK, while others are from China warehouse, they will be shipped differently.

For aliexpress pocket. It is easy to fund your wallet. Just sign up an account with aliexpress.
*I recommend that you download aliexpress app from app or playstore to your phone.
*Then sign in, then If you have already.
*Sign into your account.
*within the app, click "My Account"
*scroll down and click "My Aliexpress pocket"
*Click "Introducing My Aliexpress pocket"
*Then select a denomination of top up card to puchase. It will automatically fund your wallet.
If you use browser software, follow same process.
Summary : aliexpress > my account > my aliexpress pocket > select denomination of recharge (eg, $20, $50, $100, etc.
It will require your ATM card details. Use GTB or Access Bank card. It will fund your wallet on aliexpress for you.
## Other questions has been properly answered.
Thanks & God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Misterlecturer: 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
optimised:

Aliexpress is an online comprising different shops and sellers, while gearbest is an online shop (singer seller).
If you buy different items from different sellers in aliexpress, obviously, it would be shipped differently. One seller can be in Beijing, another in Shenzhen.
In the case of gearbest, usually, it is easier for them to consolidate all your orders in a cart into a single package for shipment. However, gearbest has different warehouses in China, Hong Kong, Europe. If a particular item ordered is in HK, while others are from China warehouse, they will be shipped differently.

For aliexpress pocket. It is easy to fund your wallet. Just sign up an account with aliexpress.
*I recommend that you download aliexpress app from app or playstore to your phone.
*Then sign in, then If you have already.
*Sign into your account.
*within the app, click "My Account"
*scroll down and click "My Aliexpress pocket"
*Click "Introducing My Aliexpress pocket"
*Then select a denomination of top up card to puchase. It will automatically fund your wallet.
If you use browser software, follow same process.
Summary : aliexpress > my account > my aliexpress pocket > select denomination of recharge (eg, $20, $50, $100, etc.
It will require your ATM card details. Use GTB or Access Bank card. It will fund your wallet on aliexpress for you.
## Other questions has been properly answered.
Thanks & God bless you
I really appreciate ur response. Thanks once again.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Misterlecturer: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Thanks so much. I appreciate
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by TechsNG: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
I've also bought from Gearbest before and i would say, delivery is faster with gearbest than aliexpress.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Gentlevin: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
TechsNG:
I've also bought from Gearbest before and i would say, delivery is faster with gearbest than aliexpress.
Any idea on dhl delivery charges from gearbest?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by TechsNG: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gentlevin:
Any idea on dhl delivery charges from gearbest?

No sir. Never used dhl on gearbest.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by murshid09(m): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2017
pls can i use first bank master cards to pay for my items
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by aeu1: 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
murshid09:
pls can i use first bank master cards to pay for my items
No
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Rogerz007(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
TechsNG:
Please I am about to buy a phone on gearbest and the payment options were to pay thru PayPal with debit card..The item cost $80 dollars...pls how do I go about this cos I don't have a PayPal account and neither is my MasterCard linked to PayPal. I would appreciate ur swift response.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by aeu1: 11:10am On Apr 27, 2017
Rogerz007:

Please I am about to buy a phone on gearbest and the payment options were to pay thru PayPal with debit card..The item cost $80 dollars...pls how do I go about this cos I don't have a PayPal account and neither is my MasterCard linked to PayPal. I would appreciate ur swift response.
Just search & read online on how to register and validate your card on Paypal. You need to some days to do this.
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by TechsNG: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Rogerz007:

Which bank's mastercard do you use?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Rogerz007(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2017
TechsNG:

Which bank's mastercard do you use?
UBA master card
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
I wanna buy a phone from gearbest which cost 111.99$ how much is that in naira and can i use Verve card for payment?
Re: My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com by Liwenjing(m): 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
optimised:
Background:
I have been engaging in amateur orders from China since late 2014. Hitherto, I've been using freight forwarders/delivery agents operating here on Nairaland to facilitate the shipment of my consignments after payment for orders from alibaba.
Typical iteration of my mini imports were as follows:
1. Source for and pay for orders.
2. Pay for courier delivery to my freight forwarders' location within China.
3. Forwarder ships my orders to Nigeria (Usually takes 2-3 weeks). I normally use normal shipping which is cheaper/slower than express shipping.
4. Upon arrival of my package to Lagos, I also pay a logistics company between N700 - N1,500 to pick the parcel from freight forwarders' Lagos office and deliver to transport company or Post Office - for onward delivery to Akwa Ibom State.
5. Transport company or Post Office then delivers to Akwa Ibom State.

This lethargic scenario persuaded me to subscribe to the idea of buying from Chinese online stores with inbuilt delivery to buyers address. My first such online store shopping experience was with www.gearbest.com

My gearbest.com Experience

1. Payment & Shipping:
*It is very easy to pay instantly with PayPal.
*Processing takes between 1 day to 1 week in all my experience. I only once complained about processing delay via tweeter but the response was swift.
*Registered parcel takes about 18 days to arrive my destination in Akwa Ibom, Nigeria and about 3 days on the average for ordinary postage. All my orders always arrive 100% safe.
*The packaging is neat and conceals the content satisfactorily. Gearbest is security conscious. The package does not give clue that it is a merchandise. They resembles ordinary letter as much as possible.
* At checkout, there are options for paying for tracking no ( which comes as Registered Parcel in Nigeria) and for shipping insurance. I am to suggest that if the amount of the order will be painful to loose, it makes a lot of sense to pay about $1.99 or thereabouts for each of the aforementioned options to guarantee replacement in event of loss/damage of items in transit, or any thing that may motivate claim for restitution from the supplier. It must be acknowledged that international trade has it peculiar risks!

List of my orders from gearbest:
MEMORY CARDS:
MIXZA
http://m.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337824.html
SAMSUNG (ORIGINAL)
http://m.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_28060.html

9 WATTS LED BULB (LED Technology saves energy more than the commonplace CFL bulbs that we call energy saving bulbs in Nigeria)
http://m.gearbest.com/led-light-bulbs/pp_124750.html

24 WATTS LED LAMP (This model is very bright but requires steady voltage or it will blink)
http://m.gearbest.com/indoor-lights/pp_266931.html

XIAOMI 20000mAh POWER BANK:
http://m.gearbest.com/iphone-power-bank/pp_263761.html

CAR PAINT SCRATCH REPAIR PEN:
http://m.gearbest.com/car-decorations/pp_226569.html

Of all my orders, I observed that my colleagues at work tends to like the LED bulbs, especially ladies. I have accordingly been requested to make repeat orders both single and bulk for their personal use and resell.

2.Customer Relationship:
* I opened a ticked about delayed delivery and gearbest's customer care responded professionally.
* My other communication means has been through their tweeter account. I have always been attended to promptly and positively. I was once assured that my goods will be replaced if it delayed beyond a certain timeframe in postage.
* I really regard their Customer Care system as top notch.

3. General Remark:
* Gearbest now is my major online shop in China. Most of my orders in 2016 has been from geatbest because it simplifies international trade to a simple art of just clicking buttons online and waiting for my orders to be delivered. Hitherto, I have been using freight forwarders and go through the complex process of customs clearing and multiple courier agents in order to get my Chinese imports to my doorstep. With gearbest, no more stress.
* So far I have placed 8 orders on a wide range of items, such as: power banks, car accessory, Led bulbs.
* All my orders came as original goods. I have not received any fake product.
* User reviews are genuine in my impression and reliable enough to guide an aspiring buyer. Most of my orders are for resell, I have repeated orders for satisfied power banks and cheap but original Led electric bulb customers.
* I earned points on buying and writing user reviews and converts the points to discount when shopping.
* I have no hesitation in recommending gearbest.com to any buyer. They have lived up to expectation and I am looking forward to a sustained long term business relationship with gearbest.com

* Find photo exhibit of my orders.
* I am available to answer questions on gearbest, shipping, payment, dispute resolution and and cognate issues that bother you.

Whatsapp 09079339525 to get Mixza memory card. The best memory card ever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unlock your iPhone For Just ₦5,000 / Pls I Need A Help On How A Stabilizer Works / Free Airtel 5g Router

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.