Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? (855 Views)

Be At The Chosen Crusade Mgbidi Jan 2016 & Be Free From That Matter Troublng U. / How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2009
Why is everything about human beings?

Why don't we ever consider that plants and other animals, natural resources, etc have some kind or role in the "ultimate plan" (lets pretend there was one). Why are religions (the Abrahamic ones) mostly concerned with humans? Why is the relationship between humans and the rest of our non-human environment hardly ever important?

If God is real, why does he/she seem to only be concerned about humans . . . does he/she value animal life? Is shooting an antelope for no good reason a sin?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by banom(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2009
Krayola2:

Why is everything about human beings?

Why don't we ever consider that plants and other animals, natural resources, etc have some kind or role in the "ultimate plan" (lets pretend there was one). Why are religions only concerned with humans? Why is the relationship between humans and the rest of our non-human environment hardly ever important?

If God is real, why does he/she seem to only be concerned about humans . . . does he/she value animal life? Is shooting an antelope for no good reason a sin?

God is concerned about human so that we humans can be concerned about animal.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2009
banom:

God is concerned about human so that we humans can be concerned about animal.

I have never heard any pastor explain human responsiblity towards the animal/plant world. Is that preached at ur church? What are we expected to do with them. . . eat them, kill them? do they have souls?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
Interesting question.

The earth was cursed and animals became nasty and started to kill each other and feed on each other because of man's original sin according to the christian hypothesis. So when jesus redeemed the sin did the animals get saved as well? Logically it should be so no?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2009
Krayola2:

I have never heard any pastor explain human responsiblity towards the animal/plant world. Is that preached at your church? What are we expected to do with them. . . eat them, kill them? do they have souls?

According to the hypothesis they just die out and rot away. grin
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2009
bindex:

According to the hypothesis they just die out and rot away. grin

haha. I just find the idea that everything is all about humans kinda weird. If I created so many different complex beings, I'd be interested in all of them.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by banom(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2009
Krayola2:

I have never heard any pastor explain human responsiblity towards the animal/plant world. Is that preached at your church? What are we expected to do with them. . . eat them, kill them? do they have souls?

Haba, Love your neighbor as your self, are human beings not ANIMALS,
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2009
Krayola2:

haha. I just find the idea that everything is all about humans kinda weird. If I created so many different complex beings, I'd be interested in all of them.

Personally I believe that it is only a fool that will look at the universe as it is and think we are the only ones out here. If intelligent life is found else where in another part of the universe i wonder of they will say that jesus died for them too or if mohammed is also their last prophet also.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2009
banom:

Haba, Love your neighbor as your self, are human beings not ANIMALS,

We do not treat non-human animals like we do other humans. Do you? What animal/human did u have for lunch today, or yesterday, or the day before?
People that hunt for leisure don't go around shooting humans. If u saw a puppy drowning in a lake would u try to save it? what about a child? What is it about human life that makes it more valuable than other animals?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2009
bindex:

Personally I believe that it is only a fool that will look at the universe as it is and think we are the only ones out here. If intelligent life is found else where in another part of the universe i wonder of they will say that jesus died for them too or if mohammed is also their last prophet also.

haha.

I watch some stuff about marine life and it just seems they live in a different world from us. . People say stuff like "look at all the beauty around u and how can u say there is no God?". And then they stuff like "God loved man so much that he created all this for man too enjoy", and that is where it stops to make sense. . . why would God make animals that can suffer and feel pain, just for us to enjoy. . .does their suffering not mean anything to their creator. When we take knife and slice a chicken's neck or butcher a cow for a party. . .etc. does it mean nothing to God? If they were just there for human pleasure, why make them feel pain?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by chic2pimp(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2009
Yes ke. We don't think, we know we are all that matter. Animal ko,vegetable ni. Nonense.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Yes ke. We don't think, we know we are all that matter. Animal ko,vegetable ni. Nonense.

hahaha. see am. bush pig. when lion chop you, ojoro cancel grin grin
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by chic2pimp(m): 5:29am On Sep 03, 2009
Krayfish the cule u no say nah only us matter jare. Humans lead,animals follow.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 5:36am On Sep 03, 2009
chic2pimp:

Krayfish the cule u no say nah only us matter jare. Humans lead,animals follow.

Lead what, to where, for what?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 7:17am On Sep 03, 2009
Krayola2:

haha.

I watch some stuff about marine life and it just seems they live in a different world from us. . People say stuff like "look at all the beauty around u and how can u say there is no God?". And then they stuff like "God loved man so much that he created all this for man too enjoy", and that is where it stops to make sense. . . why would God make animals that can suffer and feel pain, just for us to enjoy. . .does their suffering not mean anything to their creator. When we take knife and slice a chicken's neck or butcher a cow for a party. . .etc. does it mean nothing to God? If they were just there for human pleasure, why make them feel pain?

God created animals for man to enjoy eh? What about animals that also feed on other animals? If god created animals forman to enjoy then why is it that there are so many animals living in places that men can not live in? Places like caves and ocean floors?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 9:34am On Sep 03, 2009
bindex:

I have a question 4 u. . . I was readin this post again and it struck me as odd that u can almost affirm that there is life elsewhere in the universe, based on a gut feeling, but u (i think u do, not sure) consider people that affirm the existence of a deity based on a gut feelin (and in some cases more than that) as deluded.

Why do u believe so strongly that there is life elsewhere in the universe?
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2009
Krayola2:

I have a question 4 u. . . I was readin this post again and it struck me as odd that u can almost affirm that there is life elsewhere in the universe, based on a gut feeling, but u (i think u do, not sure) consider people that affirm the existence of a deity based on a gut feelin (and in some cases more than that) as deluded.

Why do u believe so strongly that there is life elsewhere in the universe?

Have you ever looked at a space telescope before? I have looked it on a few occasion and I was higly amazed by what I saw the more I look the better it gets. There are uncountable number of stars(suns) out there in space trillions or quadrillions of which have planets orbiting around their sun just like ours. Our star(sun) is just one out of the uncountable of stars that are out there and our star(sun) is not the only one that has planets orbiting around it trillions and quadrillions of other stars posses this attribute too. Please try and avail yourself the opportunity to observe one of the space telescopes if you have any around you and you will understand what I am talking about. I just dont believe that our planet is the only one that habours life(intelligent life) amongst the over 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 of stars that are out there.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2009
bindex:

Have you ever looked at a space telescope before? I have looked it on a few occasion and I was higly amazed by what I saw the more I look the better it gets. There are uncountable number of stars(suns) out there in space trillions or quadrillions of which have planets orbiting around their sun just like ours. Our star(sun) is just one out of the uncountable of stars that are out there and our star(sun) is not the only one that has planets orbiting around it trillions and quadrillions of other stars posses this attribute too. Please try and avail yourself the opportunity to observe one of the space telescopes if you have any around you and you will understand what I am talking about. I just dont believe that our planet is the only one that habours life(intelligent life) amongst the over 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 of stars that are out there.

I have never looked at space thru a telescope (I'd love to though) but i think i get your point. 

I think affirming that there is life elsewhere is a big leap from acknowledging the possibility of life elsewhere. You are pretty much saying that there must be life else where based on your amazement with the vastness of the universe; but u think religionists are deluded because of the insistence on an intelligent creator based on their amazement with the vastness and apparent order of the universe( in some people, including their religious doctrines). It just seems like a double standard to me. Please correct me if i'm wrong.  smiley
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by bindex(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2009
Krayola2:

I have never looked at space thru a telescope (I'd love to though) but i think i get your point. 

I think affirming that there is life elsewhere is a big leap from acknowledging the possibility of life elsewhere. You are pretty much saying that there must be life else where based on your amazement with the vastness of the universe; but u think religionists are deluded because of the insistence on an intelligent creator based on their amazement with the vastness and apparent order of the universe( in some people, including their religious doctrines). It just seems like a double standard to me. Please correct me if i'm wrong.  smiley

I am not saying that there MUST be life out there, I just feel that there is a very high probalility that there is life out there based on the fact that there are uncountable numbers of stars that are very similar to ours(solar system). I admit that I might be wrong in my thoughts or belief about the universe and that we might be the only ones out there in the universe. Religionist can never admit that they are ever wrong about their thoughts and hypothesis and that is the difference.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2009
bindex:

I am not saying that there MUST be life out there, I just feel that there is a very high probalility that there is life out there based on the fact that there are uncountable numbers of stars that are very similar to ours(solar system). I admit that I can be wrong and that we might be the only ones out there in the universe. Religionist can never admit that they are ever wrong and that is the difference.

aight. thanks for explainin. smiley

I think there is still so much we don't know. And the more people accept that and stop claiming to already have "the Truth" (which is what religionists, for the most, part do), the better we are. We need to be humble and just keep learning, knowing that we are only starting to scratch the surface of the surface of all the "knowledge" that is out there.
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by banom(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2009
Krayola2:

bindex did not specifically tell you that there is life else where, he is only affirming the possibility due to the fact that he observed from the telescope that  some  planets orbits around other stars that aren't ours,
And what he is saying is more or else speculation, he hasn't told you any thing about the planets in question, how they looked, the chosen ones there, the messiahs and prophets,

In the case of religion, religion made so many bold claims, and claimed it is right, religion didn't say it is a probability, except you want to tell me that religion is simply speculating.  
s
Re: Humans! Why Do We Think We Are All That Matter? by Krayola2(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2009
banom:

bindex did not specifically tell you that there is life else where

He said something to that effect . . . I only requested clarification, which he has given. smiley

bindex:

Personally I believe that it is only a fool that will look at the universe as it is and think we are the only ones out here.

(1) (Reply)

No Other Earthly Power Is More Powerful: / KAG WHERE ARE YOU? / Ndigbo Jikere Nu Biko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.