Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? (1345 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Has Anyone Seen God Before? The Bible Says Yes & No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Has anyone seen God or not?

Exodus 24:9-11, Exodus 33:11, Exodus 6:2-3; and John 1:18

1. Has seen
1. (Gen. 17:1)--"Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
2. (Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day."
3. (Exodus 6:2-3)--"God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them."
4. (Exodus 24:9-11)--"Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11 Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank."
5. (Num. 12:6-8 )--"He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7 "Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"
6. (Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said, 'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran . . . '"

2. Has not seen
1. (Exodus 33:20)--"But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
2. (John 1:18)--"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."
3. (John 5:37)--"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form."
4. (John 6:46)--"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father."
5. (1 Tim. 6:15-16)--"He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honour and eternal dominion! Amen."

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/has-anyone-seen-god-or-not
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by greatnaija01: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is your answer

John 14:8-21The Message (MSG)

8 Philip said, “Master, show us the Father; then we’ll be content.”

9-10 “You’ve been with me all this time, Philip, and you still don’t understand? To see me is to see the Father. So how can you ask, ‘Where is the Father?’ Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you aren’t mere words. I don’t just make them up on my own. The Father who resides in me crafts each word into a divine act.

11-14 “Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can’t believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
greatnaija01:
This is your answer

John 14:8-21The Message (MSG)

8 Philip said, “Master, show us the Father; then we’ll be content.”

9-10 “You’ve been with me all this time, Philip, and you still don’t understand? To see me is to see the Father. So how can you ask, ‘Where is the Father?’ Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you aren’t mere words. I don’t just make them up on my own. The Father who resides in me crafts each word into a divine act.

11-14 “Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can’t believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do

What's your answer according to the verses you quoted, has anyone seen God or not? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by greatnaija01: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

What's your answer according to the verses you quoted, has anyone seen God or not? undecided

Abi u can't read... JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND HE ALSO IS GOD. UNLESS YOU WANT BIOLOGICAL PROOF THEN I WOULD SAY U R NOT SERIOUS.... IT'S WRITTEN IN WHAT I POSTED THAT JESUS SAYS IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD THEN IT'S JESUS YOU MUST LOOK TO. HE IS THE IMAGE OF GOD. ANYWAY IF YOU ARE A MUSLIM THEN DIE FIRST TO SEE IF IT'S MOHAMMED THAT WILL GREET YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE.

BETTER GET A BIBLE AND STUDY AND HAVE SOME WISDOM
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by director007: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
If uve seen Jesus uve seen God
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by Greatzeus(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes people have seen God in the past eg Adam,Abraham,Moses etc. But no man has seen God in all his glory and fullness and no man can.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
greatnaija01:

Abi u can't read... JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND HE ALSO IS GOD. UNLESS YOU WANT BIOLOGICAL PROOF THEN I WOULD SAY U R NOT SERIOUS.... IT'S WRITTEN IN WHAT I POSTED THAT JESUS SAYS IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD THEN IT'S JESUS YOU MUST LOOK TO. HE IS THE IMAGE OF GOD. ANYWAY IF YOU ARE A MUSLIM THEN DIE FIRST TO SEE IF IT'S MOHAMMED THAT WILL GREET YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE.

The people in the OT also saw the almighty God but Jesus said no one has seen God at anytime except the Son. With your acquired wisdom explain how this can be? cool
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
director007:

If uve seen Jesus uve seen God

Who did the OT saints see? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Greatzeus:

Yes people have seen God in the past eg Adam,Abraham,Moses etc.
But no man has seen God in all his glory and fullness and no man can.

How did they see God? In what form did they see God without His glory? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by achinaboy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
i wonder why God is only talking to these fake pastors now

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
greatnaija01:

So you are, indirectly, saying Jesus will greet you at the other side when you die. Hmmmmm.

Have you seen someone that die and say this to you or how sure are you. Please lecture me sir.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Greatzeus:
Yes people have seen God in the past eg Adam,Abraham,Moses etc.
But no man has seen God in all his glory and fullness and no man can.

So the people you mention are not man. undecided Then what are they sir?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by sonofthunder: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
one pastor once said he doesn't think anyone has ever or will ever see God (God the Father), that anytime anyone has ever or will ever see God, they all see/saw God the sun.
I'm beginning to reason more like him
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Jul 23, 2016
achinaboy:

i wonder why God is only talking to these fake pastors now

Who is a fake pastor and why would you say they are fake? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by ifenes(m): 5:26am On Jul 23, 2016
The so called fake pastors are the real men of Yahweh. They do exactly what Yahweh wants them to do.

Has anyone seen Yahweh? Yes! Read the bible and you will see. Jesus was a drunk do not forget and don't take the son of a carpenter serious. He was probably drunk while saying if you saw him you have seen a god.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by achinaboy(m): 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
my personal experience and opinion,you may not understand if i start to explain,but i hope you don't experience that that will make you to reason like me,
OLAADEGBU:

Who is a fake pastor and why would you say they are fake? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2016
achinaboy:

my personal experience and opinion,you may not understand if i start to explain,but i hope you don't experience that that will make you to reason like me,

Can you explain what and who a fake pastor is in the context of the OP?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by achinaboy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
you
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain what and who a fake pastor is in the context of the OP?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
achinaboy:

you

You have answered the who but what of the how and why? Why would you say that I am a fake pastor and who told you that am a pastor BTW? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Has anyone seen God or not?

Exodus 24:9-11, Exodus 33:11, Exodus 6:2-3; and John 1:18

1. Has seen
1. (Gen. 17:1)--"Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless;
2. (Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day."
3. (Exodus 6:2-3)--"God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them."
4. (Exodus 24:9-11)--"Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11 Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank."
5. (Num. 12:6-8 )--"He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7 "Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"
6. (Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said, 'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran . . . '"

2. Has not seen
1. (Exodus 33:20)--"But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
2. (John 1:18)--"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."
3. (John 5:37)--"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form."
4. (John 6:46)--"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father."
5. (1 Tim. 6:15-16)--"He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honour and eternal dominion! Amen."

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/has-anyone-seen-god-or-not

Suggested answer:

It is evident above that God was seen. But, considering the "can't-see-God" verses, some would understandably argue that there would be a contradiction. One explanation offered is that the people were seeing visions, or dreams, or the Angel of the LORD (Num. 22:22-26; Judges 13:1-21) and not really God Himself. But the problem is that the verses cited above do not say vision, dream, or Angel of the LORD. They say that people saw God (Exodus 24:9-11), that God was seen, and that He appeared as God Almighty (Exodus 6:2-3).

At first, this is difficult to understand. God Almighty was seen (Exodus 6:2-3) which means it was not the Angel of the Lord, for an angel is not God Almighty; and at least Moses saw God and not in a vision or dream, as the LORD Himself attests in Num. 12:6-8. If these verses mean what they say, then we naturally assume we have a contradiction. Actually, the contradiction exists in our understanding, not in the Bible, which is always the case with alleged biblical contradictions.

The solution is simple. All you need to do is accept what the Bible says. If the people of the OT were seeing God, the Almighty God, and Jesus said that no one has ever seen the Father (John 6:46), then they were seeing God Almighty but not the Father. It was someone else in the Godhead. I suggest that they were seeing the Word before He became incarnate. In other words, they were seeing Jesus.

If God is a Trinity, then John 1:18 is not a problem either because in John chapter one, John writes about the Word (Jesus) and God (the Father). In verse 14 it says the Word became flesh. In verse 18 it says no one has seen God. Since Jesus is the Word, God then, refers to the Father. This is typically how John writes of God: as a reference to the Father. We see this verified in Jesus' own words in John 6:46 where He said that no one has ever seen the Father. Therefore, Almighty God was seen but not the Father. It was Jesus before His incarnation. There is more than one person in the Godhead, and the doctrine of the Trinity must be true.

(1) (Reply)

Satan Is Not An Illusion / How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage / Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.