Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training (13886 Views)

PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away / See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos / Airforce Acquires Honker Scorpion Vehicles To Tackle Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by GBAGAAUN(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2016
I like ti
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by texazzpete(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Goodluck Jonathan is Corrupt

He stole Billions of dollars from the Nigerian government

He left no money for the incoming government.

Since Buhari came into power, things have been rough, the economy is dead.

But he keeps flying around the world, buying helicopters, paying states, spending money anyhow.

Where the fucck did he get all that money from ?? I guess Goodluck Jonathan return all the money he stole

When they beg some of you to pay attention in school, you will not hear word.

Can you see the level of intellectual poverty you're displaying?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Harwoyeez:
u have not made much sense here, is Nigeria's income tied to gej? Has Nigeria not made a dime since his exit? We need critical thinking in this country and not a pepper soup joint thinking

Ok
Great thinker
How much does a barrel of oil sold as of now ?
What's the primary source of Nigeria income ??
Iran is the most oil producing country in the world and yet their economy is bleeped.

Now, rate your intelligence
Dumbell
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Ijaya123: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

But he keeps flying around the world, buying helicopters, paying states, spending money anyhow.

Where the fucck did he get all that money from ?? I guess Goodluck Jonathan return all the money he stole

I recommend basic Economics classes for you.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Almaiga: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
PMB is working, wailers are hating.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

vindication dat d IB was a fulltime thief! cool
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
Explorers:

Pardon me sir, you said it takes atleast 2years to deliver a brand new chopper/helicopter. I dont get it sir.

You make an order for an aircraft, the contract is signed and the helicopter is built. This entire period from Order-Delivery takes 2 years to complete.

Only second-hand helicopters are bought today and delivered same month.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by slimfit1(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Boko haram will bring this once down. Jonathan and his military service men are clueless. This are not combat helicopters why waste money. The generals with be using it to fly around man.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by amakenny: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2016
Military hardware, bullets and bombs are no longer used to force nationhood in a pluralistic country.

President Buhari, please wake up ooooooo.
Day don break ooooooo.

This is the 21st Century ooo.

You either organize the restructuring of Nigeria toward true and fiscal federalism, or you bury your arms and ammunition as groups who disagree with the dysfunctional governance system and rigged political structure of Nigeria separate from Nigeria for peaceable and workable countries ooooooo.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by voiceofzion: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2016
But, how do we believe this 'theoretical 10 helicopters' without evidence nor pictures because, every word that proceeds from the mouth of this govt seems to be like, take it to heart now in belief and get heart broken later...& the only evidence they push forward to the world is that of the targeted opposition... a.p.c = Alliance (of) Professional Conmasters.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Explorers(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2016
Jaideyone:
lmao 2yrs? you can lie o

Bro me sef fear as i c am, i don ask am. Building the Boeing 777 plane takes about 80days and one the largest cruise ship in the world, Allure of the Seas takes about a year. Except if you're ordering for a thousand units.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2016
Nice Development
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Explorers(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

You make an order for an aircraft, the contract is signed and the helicopter is built. This entire period from Order-Delivery takes 2 years to complete.

Only second-hand helicopters are bought today and delivered same month.

Even if its one helicopter?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by amakenny: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2016
If Nigeria is buying military hardware to fight Boko Haram, do we not know what Boko Haram says it's fighting for?

Boko Haram says it's fighting for a country to be governed through sharia criminal justice system.

Twelve northern Nigeria states adopted the use of Islamic Sharia Criminal justice system and shortly after that, Boko Haram emerged and started to use extreme violence to fight for a territory or country to be governed through sharia criminal justice system.

Do we not know that the twelve northern Nigeria Sharia states would have loved to have a country to be governed through sharia criminal laws but are still attached to Nigeria because of oyel money and access to the Atlantic ocean?

Conduct a referendum to allow the different groups in Nigeria say the type of Nigeria they want or going their different old countries where they were before the British came, instead of buying military hardware to force people to one country they may not want.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2016
Explorers:

Even if its one helicopter?

We didn't order one helicopter. It takes nothing lower than a year to deliver one helicopter since we are going for brand new and not off the shelf.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2016
amakenny:
Nigeria, a country that has no hostile neighbours, but spends much of its earnings to acquire military hardware and train its soldiers in a particular purpose for killing its citizens.

All because a particular clique in the country wouldn't mind killing off groups who dissent against a political structure and dysfunctional governance system that have ended up not leaving the citizens with one MW of electricity, brought hunger and near starvation to the masses, no running water, no land telephone, no good roads, etc.

Only because a section of Nigeria wants the political status quo to remain, because it used its military dictators to restructure the country politically such that the section draws undue large political representation from the undue large number of states and hundreds of local government areas its soldiers created for it, and which makes the section's political class take a huge share of shared revenues.

dude you're really funny. so u sincerely believe you got no hostile neighbors. if you know anything about warfare and international relations, you won't b saying this thrash.
you're trying to imply that you country shouldn't prepare for and possible external aggression only because your neighbors don't APPEAR to be aggressive, right?
you'll make a pathetic president
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by omosedollar(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

When you are an olodo its better not to comment. Nigeria Make money from Tax and Oil everyday. The budget was passed so the military have a budget to buy weapons now. But we dont have savings because PDP looted it.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by sugah: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Don't let your illiteracy guide your comments. Simply keep shut if you're un-aware of the process it takes to purchase aircrafts.

Here are the helicopters, and they were ordered by the NNPC under the GEJ administration. It takes at-least 2years to deliver brand new helicopters.

10 units of EC-135 and Dolphin helicopters were ordered in all.

Brand new aircrafts? I seriously doubt it. My guess is the person that bought the 135's off shell repainted them and sold to the military. I might be wrong though... still wondering what happened to the shell 135's

And its Dauphin....not dolphin grin
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 25, 2016
sugah:

Brand new aircrafts? I seriously doubt it. My guess is the person that bought the 135's off shell repainted them and sold to the military. I might be wrong though... still wondering what happened to the shell 135's

And its Dauphin....not dolphin grin

Dolphin is English for Dauphin. They are exact same word. Just like the Gripen and Griffin. I only picked the one i'm comfortable with.

What Shell 135s?

They are new assets, I'm certain of this.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by sugah: 10:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Shell had a bunch of 135's that they sold off to 'someone' last year.

Why would the military buy 135's though? What are they meant to be used for? Apart from the color painted are they really configured for assault?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by DaudaAbu(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Don't let your illiteracy guide your comments. Simply keep shut if you're un-aware of the process it takes to purchase aircrafts.

Here are the helicopters, and they were ordered by the NNPC under the GEJ administration. It takes at-least 2years to deliver brand new helicopters.

10 units of EC-135 and Dolphin helicopters were ordered in all.

You amaze me with your intelligence.

So where exactly in the report did it say the helicopters are ordered by NNPC? Is it this story you are reacting to or another one you read somewhere ?

And even if it was ordered during GEJ, if he has remained in office they wont have been delivered -or something different would have been delivered- and no one would have questioned the contractors
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by ocloud81(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Why do some people like propaganda? Looking carefully at those pictures, you will realize that the Nigeria colour inscribed on the part is not real Photoshop or something. Look carefully.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by Horus(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1691834_24yspk6_jpegc0c2c14ad9386f200788ccf2591ee4ce

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1691833_339nfxf_jpeg29e1f256844f90425eea9f05985562cf

[size=19pt]Mi-35p Anti-Militancy attack helicopters of the Nigerian Air Force[/size]

[size=15pt]Full night vision operation[/size]
– Look shoot weapon system
– Tactical low level cannon operations
• Defensive/offensive “look shoot” strikes
• Very accurate longer range attack
– Armed recce/patrol missions
– Long range anti armour
– Infrastructure interdiction (accurate bombs)

AVIONICS
Easy to use displays and controls provide precise systems control for the new extended operational environment.
– Clear, functional & safe NVG implementation
– Logical screen menu’s with push button system control
– Automated multi-sensor & multi dimensional navigation
– Precision aiming for new weapons applications
– Tactical mission communications
– Threat focussed electronic warfare protection
– Mission specific adaptations to suit clients

NIGHT CAPABILITY
– Full cockpit NVG conversions
– Cabin lighting conversions
Installations of:
•IR Landing lights
• Formation lights
Suppression of:
• Nav/anti-col lights

FLIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
– Intelligent MFD’s with integral FMS
– Flight plans, waypoints, fuel and position management made easy
– Multi-redundant for battlefield failure or damage tolerance

ELECTRONIC WARFARE
– Basic or full electronic warfare protection
– Choice of different
– RW sensors capabilities
– LW sensors capabilities
– Choice of missile Warning systems

SIGHTING SYSTEMS
– High powered Thermal & TV detection & Tracking
– Laser Beam Projection or designation
– Choice of pilot HUD or Helmet sight
TACTICAL COMMUNICATION
– RMU control
– Customised/integrated displays
Choice of
• V/UHF systems
• HF
• Radio navigation
• IFF
– Secure Communication
– Tactical Data Communication

ENHANCED SUB-SYSTEM
– Components
• Composite blades
• Filters

NAVIGATION
– GPS & Doppler hybridisation
– GPS/Glonass variations implemented
– Digital map with multiple mode selections

WEAPONS
– An offensive armour busting tactical troop transporter ready for the ever changing modern battlefield
– Simple to use effective stabilised day/night sighting system
– “Accurate” + look-shoot turreted cannon
– Choice of accurate anti-armour missiles
– Computer aided precision to ballistic ordinance
• Unguided rockets 57mm and 80mm Russia
• Ballistic Bombs
– Guided 70mm rocket capability
– Devastating interdiction with laser guided bombs
– Modular mission computer

WEAPON SYSTEMS
- Dedicated ordinance control electronics
– 20mm “look shoot” turret cannon
– Multiple weapons beam adaptions
– Multiple weapons choices

Re: Nigeria Airforce Acquires 10 Helicopters Awaiting 10 Other Training by realnas(m): 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
Explorers:
Something better and advanced this time i guess. Like Osprey, Blawkhawk, Commanche.
Bro blackhawkd osprey comewith a lot of baggage ,the u s might decide to embargo d suppy of much needed spare parts nd the r quite gud at doin that

cc: realnas

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Going To Forbid Any Form Of Monopoly- Lai Mohammed / The Meaning Of The Flags Behind President Buhari / Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.