Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car (30864 Views)

10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses / Five Fluids You Should Check To Keep Your Car Running Smoothly / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by AutoJoshNG: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
Brakes: Foot Brake must stop your car within a distance of 8 metres at a speed of 32km/h. Parking Brake should be adequate to hold your car.

Lights: All vehicles must be equipped with a set of functional head lights and tail lights. The brake lights and turn signals must be in good working condition.

Horn: The must be heard from a distance of 60 metres

Emission: The vehicle must be equipped with an exhaust emission system that helps reduce air pollution.

Number plate: All passenger and commercial vehicles must have one valid number plate at the front and one at the rear except motorcycles that are only issued one number plate.

Windshield wipers: The wipers must be capable of cleaning the windshield effectively.

Rearview Mirrors: Must be well located/positioned in order to reflect your rear view on the highway for a distance of 60 metres.

General body: General body of the car must be in good condition.

Tyres: All vehicles are required to be equipped with tyres that are in proper and safe condition with a minimum tread depth of 0.063 inches. Also, the tyres must not be older than 4 years.

Engine: Must be in a good condition.

Other Accessories: This includes your jack, C-caution, extinguisher etc.

Credit: Nigerian Drivers Conference and Vehicle Inspection Service.

http://autojosh.com/11-things-vio-vehicle-inspection-officers-will-check-to-determine-if-your-car-is-roadworthy/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by David0(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
There's that number 12th thing they check, that u usually don't hv, so dey can arrest u.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Jun 25, 2016

Engine: Must be in a good condition.

I'm wondering what they will use as a yardstick for this test.

9 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by yungest(m): 6:23am On Jun 25, 2016
don't they inspect someone's wallet??

anyways when I buy a car,i will modify my post...

GOOD MORNING people

6 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by brunofarad(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Following
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by KangaIye: 6:25am On Jun 25, 2016
I fear those guys called VIO

8 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Last time, I gave them 500naira and that was the only thing they checked... cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by izuch(m): 6:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Offence no dey finish, once them catch you, you must pay undecided

4 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by kushma(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2016
Those road inspections they tire just looking for fault to collect money from an individual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by gbaskiboy: 6:29am On Jun 25, 2016
I hate them all. Stupid VIO, govt should scrap them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Stancity(m): 6:30am On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Maybe they will throttle to the extreme for 5mins and notice what happens. Lol

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by cindykaey(f): 6:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Sheik Gazzuzz, this is very simple na. Na to just place a glass of water - filled to the brim on the engine and then start the car, if the water pours on the engine, then that engine isn't in a good condition.

Let's just say 90% of Naija cars go fail the test. grin

7 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by PETERENI1(m): 6:36am On Jun 25, 2016
[b][Nice information /b]
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by yaqoub: 6:36am On Jun 25, 2016
Cash: Kindly keep #20 notes that you will be giving to Policemen on the road
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by timilehing(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2016
#100 bribe offence
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by emmaliver(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2016
Okk good to know, Dem never stop me before
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by nedu2000(m): 6:40am On Jun 25, 2016
So you stop a vehicle and start checking all these things? That is how they make things difficult and test ones patience just to stimulate giving bribe and fines. Wickedness

1 Like

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by M17CXi: 6:41am On Jun 25, 2016
[/color]Is this test going to be conducted by Me, or Them,?

Is this Test going to be done on a random freeway, or stop and check,

Cause im not letting a nig*a get access to my car to check, "brake test" or anything that will get him/her access into my car,

And if i was asked to do the brake test,
That s a drive away chance for me,

Thanks,
Yours Sincerely
M17CXi[color=#000099]

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by 0gbeni(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2016
nice thread
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by aduje(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2016
....BTW, are Nigerian roads vehicles worthy? #justasking.

Nigerian government and their officials enslaving and cheating the citizens since 1840.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by pointstores(m): 6:50am On Jun 25, 2016
good
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by SPG4U(m): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2016
OP are you talking about this people?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by erico2k2(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

9ja for you anything to make personal money via Egunje grin
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by chimauga(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2016
I wonder what govt agents take Nigerian citizens for, police,VIO,FRSC all are doing same checking on Nigerian vehicles, but non is checking the bad conditions of our road that is creating huge damage on our roads,govt is bent on many Nigerians suffer...
I wonder where we are going from here, let govt stop all these vehicle checks first and put our roads in good condition.,i belive if our roads are OK our vehicles won't be spoiling ,our vehicle will maintain 100% for long long time

12 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by bakynes(m): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2016
This people calles VIO even if your papers complete try an still avoid them. Offence wey dem get too much them go find one give u .

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by AdeniyiA(m): 7:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Nonsense undecided , checking road worthiness of vehicles on unworthy roads.

Ain't the roads the ones making most vehicles road unworthy?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Goldenheart(m): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Me Wey No Get License, I Dey Dodge Them.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by KingRex1(m): 7:17am On Jun 25, 2016
Engine and body parts ain't explicit enough.
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by OperaMini1(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2016
In Owerri, they even ask for your vehicle insurance certificate, to know whether it's on the NIID database. Dem don use that one chop people so tey...

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by malignant1: 7:28am On Jun 25, 2016
Those useless VIO officers stopped my car some weeks back at Ogoja and they requested for my car papers and driver's licence. I told them that it is not part of their duty. I argued with them over it. Now I know better. Let me see them again request for my car papers. . .idiots.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) / Would You Buy This Beastly BMW C Evolution Bike? / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.