Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

I Liked The Old Paths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Liked The Old Paths (424 Views)

The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths / Who Is The GOD Of The Old Testament? / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Liked The Old Paths by SonofIssachar: 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Author Unknown

I liked the old paths, when Moms were at home. Dads were at work. Brothers went into the army. And sisters got married BEFORE having children!

Crime did not pay; Hard work did; And people knew the difference.

Moms could cook; Dads would work; Children would behave.

Husbands were loving; Wives were supportive; And children were polite.

Women wore the jewelry; And Men wore the pants.

Women looked like ladies; Men looked like gentlemen; And children looked decent.

People loved the truth, And hated a lie.

They came to church to get IN, Not to get OUT!

Hymns sounded Godly; Sermons sounded helpful; Rejoicing sounded normal; And crying sounded sincere.

Cursing was wicked; Drugs were for illness.

The flag was honored; America was beautiful; And God was welcome!

We read the Bible in public; Prayed in school; And preached from house to house.

To be called an American was worth dying for; To be called an American was worth living for; To be called a traitor was a shame!

I still like the old paths the best!

Meditation: Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. – Revelation 2:4

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 25th June, 2016. / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoo / The Misconception About Female Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.