Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale - Fashion (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale (224401 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Cullinane: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
It seems like this competition is a big joke or the rigged as f*ck.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by tosyne2much(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
All I see are people dishing out degree of insults to one another... What's really happening here? cool
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by BumbleBee2ice(f): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Missed out on d result jst seeing it nw. Im happy it cam out d way we hoped. Congrats nd cheers
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by dubemivan(m): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss
awwwwwu thats cool. you welcome Sweetheart....Always!!!!!! Love you more.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
•Secret revealed..... you don't do anything that will get you banned.

Cheezy-Puff-Puff cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Teeboy22(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
dubemivan:

awwwwwu thats cool. you welcome Sweetheart....Always!!!!!!
Love you more.

Mr Loverman
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
francizy:

Cheezy-Puff-Puff cheesy
•What'sup my man?! cheesy
....Do we know each other?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by dubemivan(m): 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Teeboy22:

Mr Loverman
Hope you not one of those SAHARA REPORTERS?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by FreeWorld23: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
When seun comments, ppl will rush to quote him. Na wa. All of una sha like attention from the Oga who doesn't give a shyt about your quote
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Happy Birthday @Miracy

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by meraki(f): 3:05am On Jun 28, 2016
HE LEFT THE HOUSE BROKE, RETURNED N35,941,000 RICHER!

Imagine leaving the house in the morning, having nothing but the clothes on your back, a sick parent at home and last night meal in your belly , wondering where your next meal is coming from?

And surprise! You meet a stranger and you become N35,941,000 ($270K) richer!

Unbelivable right?

That is the story of 16-year-old Chauncy Black , from Memphis, Tenn, U.S.A, who three (3) weeks ago, approached Matt White, a 30-year-old singer-songwriter at the Kroger grocery store in Memphis, Tenn., asking if he could help carry his bags in exchange for a box of donuts.

White, a 30-year-old singer-songwriter, asked Black if he had come to store alone. Black said he had, and in fact, he’d trekked across town to make it to the “rich people’s Kroger” in an effort to find someone who could buy him and his mother food.
And so, instead of parting ways at the end of the transaction, Black and White went on a shopping spree, buying “just a little bit of everything”: chips, pizza, vegetables, melons, pasta, toothbrushes, soap, peanut butter. They talked while they shopped, and Black explained how he was trying to help his mother pay the rent.

Black also said that, despite his poverty, he was earning straight A’s in school and hoped to someday be wealthy enough to help the poor and needy, just as White was helping him then.

Astonished by Black’s story, White gave the boy a ride home. Walking into his house, White had to hold back tears, as everything Black described was true — and then some:

Full Story at : https://lifelemonades./2016/06/28/he-left-the-house-broke-returned-n35941000-richer/

CELEBRITIES BARE THEIR BOTTOMS AT 2016 BET AWARDS! : https://lifelemonades./2016/06/28/celebrities-bare-their-bottoms-at-2016-bet-awards/

YOU WON’T BELIEVE SHE IS FIFTY! MEET 50-YEAR-OLD YE WEN WHO BLEW OUR MIND WITH HER SUPER TONED BODY AND YOUTHFUL LOOKS: https://lifelemonades./2016/06/28/you-wont-believe-she-is-fifty-meet-50-year-old-ye-wen-who-blew-our-mind-with-her-super-toned-body-and-youthful-looks/

NAIJA WINS AT 2016 BET AWARDS !: https://lifelemonades./2016/06/28/naija-wins-at-2016-bet-awards/

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 5:57am On Jun 28, 2016
Yep yep

I'm sycophantic.. Got the clue? wink

KingCheezyPuff:
•What'sup my man?! cheesy
....Do we know each other?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Caseless: 6:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:
It seems that the organizers have gotten a new sponsor. Good for them. I wonder why the contest is called "Miss Nairaland" though.

Where's dygeasy sef?

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Caseless: 6:10am On Jun 28, 2016
FreeWorld23:
When seun comments, ppl will rush to quote him. Na wa. All of una sha like attention from the Oga who doesn't give a shyt about your quote
where I come from, we don't asslick. Who's Seun? I see him just like you. Yes, I quoted him cos my candidate is there.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by carammel(f): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2016
We've always known Seun to be a clown,plus he has never really been in support of the miss Nl thing,like seriously,why would you just come out of noehere and start forming you are not aware of other sponsors? were your eyes closed while reading the first page of the voting threads?
If you guys won't give them the money,let us know joo.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by lanicky(f): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Classyalabolass:
Lanicky
Estharfabian
Skarlett
Laveda
adeh39
Doveda/Daretodiffer
JeffreyJamez
laveda
Ipledge
Jigsawkillah
Monalisa185
STFUareyougod
Peeparty

Netiquettes demand that I first and foremost preface this post with a profound apology. A squillion apologies for being unavoidably absent especially when I was needed the most. For those of you in the team, especially Nike, that were banking on my widow's mite(in terms of intellectual input and campaign logistics) before I had to take that painful and ineluctable sabbatical 4 weeks ago, once again I say - I am deeply sorry.

Circumstances were way beyond my control. I got mugged some weeks ago(in case you're still wondering why you can't find me on your BBM or Whatsapp contact list), I fell critically ill and was bedridden for a week, and I could have made it in the nick of time to cast a vote last week except that I had to make some paintings for my sister's wedding, and also had to deal with a cartload of other offline responsibilities that much to my chagrin, greatly interfered with my pastime indulgences. Indeed, 'when it rains it pours'.

But I take solace in the fact that the remainder of the campaign team worked indefatigably and selflessly in ensuring that Lanicky clinches the crown. And most pertinently, they did so working as an undivided unit. I think that has got to be one of the biggest take-away from this entire exercise: which is imbibing in each and every one of us the binding sense of togetherness; and also engendering a sense of espirit de corps among seemly incongruent entities. It goes a long way in proving that unity can exist among very disparate persons, each with his/her own unique ideology, personality, temperament etc.
Nairaland is a microcosm of our great nation, Nigeria ,and all of the sectarian violence buffeting the graph of the nation's development could easily be a thing of the past if every Nigerian(both home and in the diaspora) learn how to coexist with each other, regardless of tribe, age or sex— just as members of the various campaign teams have done.

We had a lot of tall talks during the run-up to the event, albeit lightheartedly, and nothing gladdens my heart more than the fact that we(Olanike's campaign team members) were able to walk the talk and overcome despite the traverses and assault courses that were lined up on our path. So, without further ado, I am saying a big congratulation to all the members of the Lanicky Campaign Team 2016, and including myself. . . .abi I no suppose congratulate myself? I try na. *****grins widely*****

Ivvy, Refiner, MissGdope, Ivvy, Mimzy et al, you are also winners and I must laud you all for your steely courage and perseverance. The only regret I have is that some certain individuals have heinously turned what was supposed to be a fun-filled event into a circus of shame, stark immaturity and hatred. Life is very easy y'all and too short to be lived hating people on the internet—Suru laye, Surulere.

Nonetheless, I hope this doesn't have a negative-salutary effect on other Nairaland females who hope to contest come next year. I hope that whatever had transpired—the mudslinging, the false accusations, and the other unmentionable acts—do not deter the ladies who hope to partake in the tourney next year.

And to the Woman Of The Moment, Lanicky, I extend my congratulations for this milestone you have achieved. We thought you were done like a dinner last year when you lost to Tohpahz. We thought you had given up, hung the boots—not knowing you were simply lurking in the sidelines, plotting your reemergence—courting the crown that was denied you last year the same way a great lion fawneth over an unsuspecting doe. And most remarkable was how you steadfastly pelted after the prize despite the militating backdrop and concatenation of ugly events that would have prompted any average Jane Doe to scramble for the exiting door. You showed great mettle, proved you are no yellow-belly and also confounded expectations. I am proud of you. I can count how many ladies would have stood as rock solid as you did with my fingers and still have a couple left to eat eba and ewedu.

The only thing wey remain now na our date ooo. No forget oooo.

I wanted to post this with my Darkrebel account but anti-spambot got to me.

And hey, Skarlett. how far na? I should probably don a protective face mask while I still can to cushion the biffs that are bound to come with your reply to this post. LOL.

And safarigirl/safareegurl, I saw all your comments on that Twaci's thread. Quite incisive I must say. More biceps to your intellectual muscle.
Though I could sight some things that were iffy in your remarks, especially those bordering on gender roles. We would tackle it on that thread on Wednesday with my Darkrebel account. I just hope I would be chanced and that you would be available as well.

And Estharfabian, how are you?

Welcome back dear. kiss
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by abdrazak: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2016
onatisi:

Only god knows where that guy called agarawu23 got his marketing skills from ,he kept on singing the name of lanicky on my mentions until I had no choice but to vote for his candidate. The big life lesson in Lanicky is what ppl should consider ,success In life isn't about how good looking,smart or intelligent you are ,but in sheer determination ,doggedness,perseverance and most of all the right people. The circle of friends you have or keep will determine how successful your life circle will be . Lanicky simply had the best team that believed in her despite all her shortcomings and that has brought her glory and success.if you are surrounded by people who believe in you there is no limit to what you can achieve . Welldone team lanicky
@Onatisi, I love that bolded part.......

We all did a great job especially @my Oga aka Agarawu23.
Welldone Team Lanicky!!!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by pamcode(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2016
As expected it became a free for all banter. Congrats to lanicky and the other queens especially optional1, you all rock *blows kisses*. Hope it not too late sha. Kudos to the organisers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Classyalabolass:
Lanick y
Estharfab ian
Skarle tt
Lave da
adeh 39
Dove da/Da retodiffer
JeffreyJame z
laved
Iplege
Jigs awkillah
Mon alisa185
STFUareyo ugod
Peepart

Netiquettes demand that I first and foremost preface this post with a profound apology. A squillion apologies for being unavoidably absent especially when I was needed the most. For those of you in the team, especially Nike, that were banking on my widow's mite(in terms of intellectual input and campaign logistics) before I had to take that painful and ineluctable sabbatical 4 weeks ago, once again I say - I am deeply sorry.

Circumstances were way beyond my control. I got mugged some weeks ago(in case you're still wondering why you can't find me on your BBM or Whatsapp contact list), I fell critically ill and was bedridden for a week, and I could have made it in the nick of time to cast a vote last week except that I had to make some paintings for my sister's wedding, and also had to deal with a cartload of other offline responsibilities that much to my chagrin, greatly interfered with my pastime indulgences. Indeed, 'when it rains it pours'.

But I take solace in the fact that the remainder of the campaign team worked indefatigably and selflessly in ensuring that Lanicky clinches the crown. And most pertinently, they did so working as an undivided unit. I think that has got to be one of the biggest take-away from this entire exercise: which is imbibing in each and every one of us the binding sense of togetherness; and also engendering a sense of espirit de corps among seemly incongruent entities. It goes a long way in proving that unity can exist among very disparate persons, each with his/her own unique ideology, personality, temperament etc.
Nairaland is a microcosm of our great nation, Nigeria ,and all of the sectarian violence buffeting the graph of the nation's development could easily be a thing of the past if every Nigerian(both home and in the diaspora) learn how to coexist with each other, regardless of tribe, age or sex— just as members of the various campaign teams have done.

We had a lot of tall talks during the run-up to the event, albeit lightheartedly, and nothing gladdens my heart more than the fact that we(Olanike's campaign team members) were able to walk the talk and overcome despite the traverses and assault courses that were lined up on our path. So, without further ado, I am saying a big congratulation to all the members of the Lanicky Campaign Team 2016, and including myself. . . .abi I no suppose congratulate myself? I try na. *****grins widely*****

Ivv y, Refin er, M issGdope, Iv vy, Mi mzy et al, you are also winners and I must laud you all for your steely courage and perseverance. The only regret I have is that some certain individuals have heinously turned what was supposed to be a fun-filled event into a circus of shame, stark immaturity and hatred. Life is very easy y'all and too short to be lived hating people on the internet—Suru laye, Surulere.

Nonetheless, I hope this doesn't have a negative-salutary effect on other Nairaland females who hope to contest come next year. I hope that whatever had transpired—the mudslinging, the false accusations, and the other unmentionable acts—do not deter the ladies who hope to partake in the tourney next year.

And to the Woman Of The Moment, Lanicky, I extend my congratulations for this milestone you have achieved. We thought you were done like a dinner last year when you lost to Tohpahz. We thought you had given up, hung the boots—not knowing you were simply lurking in the sidelines, plotting your reemergence—courting the crown that was denied you last year the same way a great lion fawneth over an unsuspecting doe. And most remarkable was how you steadfastly pelted after the prize despite the militating backdrop and concatenation of ugly events that would have prompted any average Jane Doe to scramble for the exiting door. You showed great mettle, proved you are no yellow-belly and also confounded expectations. I am proud of you. I can count how many ladies would have stood as rock solid as you did with my fingers and still have a couple left to eat eba and ewedu.

The only thing wey remain now na our date ooo. No forget oooo.

I wanted to post this with my Darkrebel account but anti-spambot got to me.

And hey, Skarle tt. how far na? I should probably don a protective face mask while I still can to cushion the biffs that are bound to come with your reply to this post. LOL.

And safarigirl/safareegurl, I saw all your comments on that Twaci's thread. Quite incisive I must say. More biceps to your intellectual muscle.
Though I could sight some things that were iffy in your remarks, especially those bordering on gender roles. We would tackle it on that thread on Wednesday with my Darkrebel account. I just hope I would be chanced and that you would be available as well.

And Estharfabian, how are you?

Am I glad you're back? welcome dear, you were sorely missed. As for the biffs MEET ME ON BBM! angry angry

Just kidding cheesy

Pm me your details when you're settled, we've got a lot of catching up to do wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Cullinane:
It seems like this competition is a big joke or the rigged as f*ck.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by optional1(f): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
pamcode:
As expected it became a free for all banter. Congrats to lani.cky and the other queens especially optional1, you all rock *blows kisses*. Hope it not too late sha. Kudos to the organisers
Thanks dear I recieve d kisses.

How u doing?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
The U.K leaves the EU and Lanicky wins Miss N.L grin grin grin grin 2016 Baby!!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
francizy:
Yep yep

I'm sycophantic.. Got the clue? wink

°yeah. What you doing with this moniker? Ban?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°yeah. What you doing with this moniker? Ban?

Shhhhh! **whispers into her ears** don't give me away... wink wink

This has always been my first, I was rather banned here.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
francizy:

Shhhhh! **whispers into her ears** don't give me away... wink wink
.... undecided please don't blow yo breath in my ear,it's hot and stinky lipsrsealed.... tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
.... undecided please don't blow yo breath in my ear,it's hot and stinky lipsrsealed.... tongue

Not nice.. undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
francizy:

Not nice.. undecided
°I was playing!! grin if you gon talk with me,you'll learn wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°I was playing!! grin if you gon talk with me,you'll learn wink

Learn how to kiss? cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
francizy:

Learn how to kiss? cheesy cheesy
°you lacking in that area? ...It's ok.I got you hommie! wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by francizy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°you lacking in that area? ...It's ok.I got you hommie! wink

You chat like a dude sometimes... Are you a tomboy? smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
francizy:

You chat like a dude sometimes... Are you a tomboy? smiley
°My dp,do I look like a tomboy?
But to answer, no.It's dresses and frilly things for me.
But I do think being a tomboy would be cool.
You should too,I think she could connect with you easier.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by pamcode(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
optional1:
Thanks dear I recieve d kisses.

How u doing?
Am doing alright since i will doing nothing for this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Backside And Make It Firm Naturally / DIAMONDS// Invasion Modern Empire Hack Ios/android Apk MOD No Download / APK/ Mobile Strike Hack No Download Working Online Gold Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.