Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know (658 Views)

Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances / 5 Horrible Advice You Should Never Accept About Money / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know by 4once(m): 5:29am On Jun 25, 2016
It’s quite sad, little is known about such a central commodity like money.

What truths about money do you know that would hold true both in Ghana or London; Australia or New York City?

More importantly, how would these truths help you make – and keep more money?

5 Basic Truths About Money

Money isn’t Real – it’s a Mindset

This basic truth about money may stun you…it’s quite normal if you think I am a little crazy!

But wait – I do not mean money isn’t physical: of course it is.

What I mean is that, money is not some commodity that is hoarded by a select few. No!

Money is something that flows freely and by simply changing your mindset about what money is – and probably isn’t, you’ll be making it faster than you ever imagined.

In such a scenario, which is real?

The money or the mindset?

I’ll give you an example. When I started blogging, I was simply concerned about the cash and I really found it very difficult to make money with this very blog then.

Then things changed – I shifted my focus from from trying to make money to genuinely trying to help others solve their problems.

And bingo! That was it!!

If you think money is real, try changing your mindset to genuinely serving others and lets see what you come up with next!

Money Enjoys Only Addition and Multiplication!

Another basic truth about money is that without constantly replenishing its source, even the wealthiest people in the world would one day certainly wind up broke if they live long enough – and this is no joke.

There is no such thing in the world as too much money!

Money is like a river with with many ‘inlets’ flowing in no matter how small. What is supposed to be going out is also supposed to be less than what is coming in or you’ll surely wind up broke eventually.

…who was that fellow that argued that ‘money is not the problem – the problem is how to spend it?’ He lied!

The Value Of Money Remains Constant No Matter What

Forget the Economists! Usually, there are very big terms like inflation and devaluation that are used to intimidate non Economists about the myth that the value of money is dropping. The truth is that, the value of money has never dropped nor will it ever drop.

Strange, isn’t it? Especially when you remember the days that a thousand dollars could buy a brand new luxury car.

The answer is simple: how many persons could afford a thousand dollars then?

Only a select few. And so is $50,000 (the value of the average luxury car) now. Theoretically, $50,000 now simply = $1000 then: it’s that simple!

The third truth you should know about money is that while the denomination may be ‘inflated’ by our highly volatile and unstable market systems, the value remains constant – don’t deceive yourself!

Money Operates On It’s Own Terms

When you are dealing with money, you’ll discover another great truth about it: it operates on its own terms.

Apart from loving multiplication better than addition, subtraction and division, money, like a fair maiden, favor the bold.

Usually, the more risky, stressful and time consuming a task is, the more money there is to be make working on it.

As a plus, the more persons reject an endeavor (or are not yet acquainted with it), the more it proves to be lucrative. This is simple economics however.

Money is Truly Impartial

Your socio-economic background is less important when monetary matters are discussed: so is your status in life, age, sex or race. The most important thing is simply to play by its rules (which have been discussed above).

In such a manner, it may leave a noble man and if a commoner proves worthy, pitch tent with him – in a complete impartial fashion!!

Source: https://zomoblog./2016/06/25/5-basic-truths-about-money-you-should-know/
Re: 5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know by henriettanenye(f): 6:04am On Jun 25, 2016
simply educative ...wish our politicians will get this and stop gulping down our money meant for development
Re: 5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know by dollaflow(m): 6:17am On Jun 25, 2016
ook
Re: 5 (basic) Truths About Money You Should Know by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 25, 2016
Money makes d world go round

(1) (Reply)

Why Is FIDELITY BANK Insensitive / Start Your Own Laundry And Drycleaning Business. / Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.