Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos (6835 Views)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 11:43am On Jun 25, 2016
Hi everyone i am a Cameroonian. I am planning a trip to Lagos next month. What is the best way to travel from Cameroon to Lagos.

Flying is not an option for me because i do not have a passport. I know i will either have to go through Ekok by road into Cross River state or

through Limbe by Boat to Calabar but that is as much as i know. I will like to know things like :

1. What document will i need and where will i get it. I have my national ID card. (I will like to stay for about 2 weeks to a month in Lagos)

2. How will i travel from Cross River State [/b]to Lagos and how much will it cost me. How long will it take to get to Lagos and are there any stops on the way ? If any where ?

3. How will i travel from [b]Calabar
to Lagos and how much will it cost me. How long will it take to get to Lagos and are there any stops on the way ? If any where ?

4. Which is the most convenient and shortest way to go, through Limbe to Calabar then move on or through Ekok into Cross River State then move on.

I do not know if i have put the question perfect but i guess i have mentioned all of them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by waleyp(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
Why u wanna go lagos
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Emmysteve(m): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
When people are running away from the zoo some body is planning to come. Well safe trip.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Bandeco(m): 5:57am On Jun 26, 2016
Where are you in Cameroon? Kumba, mamfe, Bamenda, buea, Tiko, muyuka, limbe, Douala, Yaoundé etc etc. If I know ur present location I will better advice u on the route to take.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
I am located in Yaounde
Bandeco:
Where are you in Cameroon? Kumba, mamfe, Bamenda, buea, Tiko, muyuka, limbe, Douala, Yaoundé etc etc. If I know ur present location I will better advice u on the route to take.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Suurulere(m): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
From Yaounde to Bamenda to Ikom. From Ikom motor park, take a bus to Onitsha.. Then from Onitsha to Lagos.

From Ikom to Onitsha is 2000 naira and from Onitsha to Lagos is 3500 naira... You don't need to pass through Calabar. It is wasting of money and time. I hope this helps..
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks very much Suurulere,it is certainly usefull information
Suurulere:
From Yaounde to Bamenda to Ikom. From Ikom motor park, take a bus to Onitsha.. Then from Onitsha to Lagos.

From Ikom to Onitsha is 2000 naira and from Onitsha to Lagos is 3500 naira... You don't need to pass through Calabar. It is wasting of money and time. I hope this helps..
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
how long can it take before i reach lagos through this means
mcfunkii:
Thanks very much Suurulere,it is certainly usefull information
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Suurulere(m): 5:57am On Jun 27, 2016
mcfunkii:
how long can it take before i reach lagos through this means

It depends.. If you are not breaking your journey, it is 22 hours. From Bamenda to Ikom is 200km, that's about 3 hours journey.

From Ikom to Onitsha is 7 hours and from Onitsha to Lagos is 6 hours. That's 16 hours plus your journey from Yaoundé to Bamenda which is about 6 hours too if you to pass through Bamenda, Mamfe and Ekok to Ikom.

Bon voyage.. And hope you have a good knowledge of English?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2016
merci beaucoup, yes i am Anglophone
Suurulere:

It depends.. If you are not breaking your journey, it is 22 hours. From Bamenda to Ikom is 200km, that's about 3 hours journey.

From Ikom to Onitsha is 7 hours and from Onitsha to Lagos is 6 hours. That's 16 hours plus your journey from Yaoundé to Bamenda which is about 6 hours too if you to pass through Bamenda, Mamfe and Ekok to Ikom.

Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Ugosample(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good day to you every one...
I plan on taking the journey in the reverse to mark my summer holiday this year. I.e Lagos-Douala/Yaounde..
Any advice for me plz?
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by mcfunkii: 2:10am On Jun 28, 2016
I guess the answers from Suurulere will help you out
Ugosample:
Good day to you every one...
I plan on taking the journey in the reverse to mark my summer holiday this year. I.e Lagos-Douala/Yaounde..
Any advice for me plz?
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Cyberknight: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2016
Suurulere:

Hallo. I'm thinking of taking this trip, and I was wondering if I could contact you for more details? Please let me know. Thank you.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by cornoil(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Am in Yaounde now. I came through ship from Calabar port to Limbe and through bus to Yaounde. But thinking of going through bus to Ikom. Which is faster between through land and water from my location? I will like to have more details. Thanks.
Suurulere:

Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Suurulere(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2017
cornoil:
Am in Yaounde now. I came through ship from Calabar port to Limbe and through bus to Yaounde. But thinking of going through bus to Ikom. Which is faster between through land and water from my location? I will like to have more details. Thanks.

Road is better. It is approximately 10hours anyways.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by M2dX(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Suurulere:

i want visit somone at yaounde, am coming from onitsha . Pls if i stop at ikom where would i change my morney, and most they stamp my passport at the border
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Suurulere(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
M2dX:
i want visit somone at yaounde, am coming from onitsha . Pls if i stop at ikom where would i change my morney, and most they stamp my passport at the border

You can change your money in Bamenda or Ekok. Though naira can still be spent there but I don't know of Yaounde.

You need a means of identification at the border with the customs officials and also the Cameroonian gendarmes.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by M2dX(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Suurulere:

You can change your money in Bamenda or Ekok. Though naira can still be spent there but I don't know of Yaounde.

You need a means of identification at the border with the customs officials and also the Cameroonian gendarmes.
i dont have cameroonian gendarmes, only passport i got
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Olisa4all: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
By ship do u mean Fakoship?
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by M2dX(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
Olisa4all:
By ship do u mean Fakoship?
i dont get you
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Olisa4all: 7:29am On Jul 20, 2017
M2dX:
i dont get you

There used to be Fakoship that sailed from calabar to limbe and back a couple of yrs ago,it was a 3hr30m journey, I don't know if its still functional
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by M2dX(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2017
Olisa4all:

There used to be Fakoship that sailed from calabar to limbe and back a couple of yrs ago,it was a 3hr30m journey, I don't know if its still functional
i dont know oh, i will travel by load
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by tobintino(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello,

I want to travel to Cameroon on behalf of the company where I work and I need the prices for going to Cameroon from Lagos.
And please if you also have a better direction of how I can get to Douala, Cameroon by road, I'll so much appreciate.

Thanks.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by Empetra: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2019
Please how can i easily send goods from Onitsha to a customer at Douala, Cameroon?
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by richhills(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2019
You have to know that it is harder to stay in nigeria without cerpac resident permit now not imposdible though.
From yaoynde,travel overnight with amour mezam then from bamenda travel to ekok with vaticsn agency 6500 frs.
At your immigration control you will you 1000frs/2000 frs
The driver will settle nigeria immigration side fir you,the driver money should be around 3500/4000 naira.
Once you are in ikom,depending on the time, if it is around 11am to 1pm,proceed, enter Onitsha bus for 2500/2700 naira Onitsha south bus transit.mind you ,you will be required to give the driver your settlement money ,give between 2500-3000 naira.if you dare argue to setlle on your own ,you might end up regretting it. Mind you, do your yellow card.at Onitsha find a cheap hotel and sleep in Onitsha,next day proceed to Lagos.
But if the time you reach ikom is more than 2 pm,I will advise you to sleep in ikom,buy your Lagos direct with peace mass transit, the problem with that agency is that they play pranks with Cameroonians alit,make sure you negotiate well,they might bill you settlement fee for 7000 naira

mcfunkii:
Hi everyone i am a Cameroonian. I am planning a trip to Lagos next month. What is the best way to travel from Cameroon to Lagos.

Flying is not an option for me because i do not have a passport. I know i will either have to go through Ekok by road into Cross River state or

through Limbe by Boat to Calabar but that is as much as i know. I will like to know things like :

1. What document will i need and where will i get it. I have my national ID card. (I will like to stay for about 2 weeks to a month in Lagos)

2. How will i travel from Cross River State [/b]to Lagos and how much will it cost me. How long will it take to get to Lagos and are there any stops on the way ? If any where ?

3. How will i travel from [b]Calabar
to Lagos and how much will it cost me. How long will it take to get to Lagos and are there any stops on the way ? If any where ?

4. Which is the most convenient and shortest way to go, through Limbe to Calabar then move on or through Ekok into Cross River State then move on.

I do not know if i have put the question perfect but i guess i have mentioned all of them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by fayetiro: 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
I am a Nigerian planning to travel to Yaoundé in Cameroon by road. Is there a direct bus transport from from either Lagos, Port Harcourt , Abuja or any other part of Nigeria directly to Yaounde. I also want to know how much it will cost me to make the journey. Can someone please guide me.
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by FavSuccess: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2023
fayetiro:
I am a Nigerian planning to travel to Yaoundé in Cameroon by road. Is there a direct bus transport from from either Lagos, Port Harcourt , Abuja or any other part of Nigeria directly to Yaounde. I also want to know how much it will cost me to make the journey. Can someone please guide me.
Hello Fayetiro,
Did you manage to get answers to your queries? I am a Cameroonian currently in Yaounde, planning on traveling to port Harcourt in the next days. I would to have guidance on how to carry out a safe road trip.
Please guys, can anyone help?

Thanks
Re: Cameroonian Wanting To Travel To Lagos by AfahaAbia(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
FavSuccess:

Hello Fayetiro,
Did you manage to get answers to your queries? I am a Cameroonian currently in Yaounde, planning on traveling to port Harcourt in the next days. I would to have guidance on how to carry out a safe road trip.
Please guys, can anyone help?

Thanks

Just take a ferry to Calabar or a bus to Ikom. From there you will get direct bus to Portharcourt. It's 4 hours drive from Calabar to Portharcourt

(1) (Reply)

NCAA Issues Ebola Alert To Airlines, Calls For Vigilance / The Way To Solve The Lagos State Transport Problem / Police Certificate For Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.