Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt (31412 Views)

Bride-to-be & Her Fiance Die In Auto Crash Enroute To Lagos From PH / "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nkarchi: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
I have carefully read almost all d comments here, why dis topic is interesting to me is because i wanna make a reverse of your decision. About 90% of d advise u have bin given is true. Guy? Lagos is hell, by your description, u dnt have a family here, dat will make life more difficult. If u hv a job already in ph, i ll advise u to stay put except ur coming here to pick up an available job. I am not from lagos but i hv stayed here for almost 20yrs n i graduated frm unilag n inspite of knowing d tricks of d town, its not still easy. However, ur story cud b different but u must be very careful, dis town is indeed crazy.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by fujirice: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
I've lived and worked in both cities and I must tell you this, no difference in the two.
You see the traffic in PH eh multiply it by 3 then you get Lagos traffic.
Security nko? No much difference if you ask me.
In fact, PH n Lagos are two sides of a coin.
Unless you like crazy lifestyle, I'd suggest Uyo, Calabar or Enugu for you.
My humble opinion

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by ajealadick(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
I like your courage. Up till now my company has been cajoling me to relocate to Lagos. We Ph guys have a natural phobia for Lagos and it's fast unending life style. We are not lazy but only unique in our style of having a peaceful life. Don't mind the current cult activities in Ph now, it's not our style.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
My broda, my broda, my broda. How many times did I call u? Three times, lagos no easy ooooooo ooooooo. I am a testimony. when i started my nysc in lagos in 2014, March 11 precisely I was normal when I left my state IMO STATE to lagos for my nysc. My broda but after I left the nysc camp without knowing anybody in lagos, thinking that the school where I was posted for my ppa will offer me accommodation. My broda after two months lagos automatically turned me to agbaro. My broda if u see me chai you understand what am saying. My broda work/job no dey lagos ooooooo, if you no get contact or connect(in phyno voice). But if u get connect and also get money, my broda you go enjoy lasgidi. Ajao Estate is d best place to live in lagos mainline and also Anthony area.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Pque(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
"aja tiko gbo fere olode, lo pada sonu" a dog that does nt hear d sound of d hunter's whistle later got lost. U made it in Portharcourt nd nw u want to start all over in Lagos. New friends, new biz, no family, no adviser, no lover, u are on a long thing. I hope Lagos will nt turn ur life upside down. Turning u upside down mentally will be d greatest disaster to happen to u. Comming to seek/get a job is okay but comming 4 nothing is a very stupid decision. Most importantly, have a realistic plan nd a goal or u just come nd chase shadow nd may end up regretting 4 d rest of ur life. This goes 4 those who made it in Lag nd still want to go to another territory. The king in 'Sambisa Forest' is a slave in 'Mombasa forest'. Think about this.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by ladel(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Welcome on board bro,
I made similar move in 2008 five years after serving and working in phc and it really paid off.
The terrains are little different now but you can still achieve your goals.
Traffic will blow your mind. How on earth will one leave home as early as 5.30am and still won't get to office before 8.
You will find the balance in other costs of living like housing, transportation and feeding as they are not too different from what you are used to in phc if not cheaper.
May God be with you as you navigate your way through success in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by BJIZZY(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bro, PH isn't bad O. Me I was born in Delta, Warri to be precise, but I moved to Lagos at the age of 7, dis my Primary n Secondary Schools here, before I moved to my father's land "Owerri", got admission in ABSU and graduated. In general I've spent most of my time in Owerri, but after University I came to Lagos for greener pastures like yhu're about to. I won't advice yhu not to, cos I personally got favoured from it. I came in 1st of March, and I started working 15th of March. I won't tell yhu it's easy either. Think twice about it. I don waka for these streets, the few pairs of shoes I came with don chop, na 1 I dey manage nw. But atleast I have somewhere comfortable I'm staying wiv a relation. So I'd advice the first thing yhu shud look for is accommodation. If yhu want to rent a place yhurself, I hope yhu can manage the toughness of the cheap areas.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Tpeters(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Op is just opposite of me.. Was born in lagos, I served in portharcourt. Tho I work in lagos now but I so love portharcourt (waterline to aggrey, slaughter, ykc, elelewon etc). dis tot of going back to portharcourt won't just leave my head... I just wana go bk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by sukkot: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
JoeCutie:
Ngwanu relocate nau. Are there no more houses in PH? Or...what's keeping you?
Bros what does Ngwanu mean ? i like how it sounds

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by omolola15(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
HeGeMon:
Guy take 1 basket of tomato & 10 liters of fuel for my head abeg, we are watching them, thought they should be relocating back to their golden city& leave the zoo & Yoruba land undecided

Instead of them to leave the zoo. More want to come. We'll welcome them. We've got a great zoo keeper.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by TrollTrap: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
sukkot:
Bros what does Ngwanu mean ? i like how it sounds

Ngwanu = Ok na, oya na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by MzPecs(f): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
JoeCutie:
Ngwanu relocate nau. Are there no more houses in PH? Or...what's keeping you?
Lol cheesy

I'm waiting for you to Gimmie order nah!
Just say GO and i'll go wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by TrollTrap: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dem ones where you come on nairaland to help make up your mind but you end up leaving confused.

To the Op I'd say if you're young and have less responsibilities then go for the Lagos. Shouldn't restrict you're life to just PH. No matter how hard a place is people still make it plus it's a good feeling trust.
Even if it doesn't go as planned you could relocate to another state

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by KingsleyBuubba(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
bro leme advice u as a ph born boy (diobu to be precise), I ve frnds in lasgidi both hustlers and upcoming rappers... bro lag is soft if truely ur a ph boy believe dat. but Abuja is beta especially if ur a graduate. wen I went to lag the first time as far back as 2004 the place is like ph, same agboro boys, same cult boys, same police theives etc. in 2012, 13, 14 I was also dia but one thing u must note is dat Lagos is nt funny like ph ooo, especially since u don't ve relatives... ( if e cast for u, u go land under bridge). so take ur time, think it Tru if ur d prayn type, pray abt it then take d shot. but like I said before. if ur a graduate, Abuja is better.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by nkemjacob2(m): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
me wey go lagos go hustle. I no no how hw i find myself come benin. Lagos hustle no funny, some places in lagos tins are less expensive. If u dey come lagos state ur purpose. Dont just decide like that. If not u end up wasting ur time.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by sammhi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
better to relocate abroad than Lagos It is very tough here oooo PH is better than Lagos ooo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by 7Prophets(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Those who take risk in life are those who achieve great things. You're ready for the great task ahead? And is ready to be the Columbus of our time? Follow your mind and be rest assured of light at the end of the tunnel hence you're ready for the great discovery. Cheer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by shollyboy2: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
if you can afford to be spending 2000Naira everyday.. you're welcome... just no Transportation alone for lasgidi no be joke...inter City movement is not treekable...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by lollmaolol(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Philipsdael:
I was born in Lag, did my pry, secondary and tertiary education in Lag, working as an underemployed contract staff of one mumu company like that. #sad.
I can't wait to grab any opportunity that will hasting my relocation from Lagos. I do travel sometimes, and I so much love the stress free life in those states I've travelled to.
Bros, I will advice you to relocate to other state if u will have means of livelihood over there because Lagos live is stressful and expensive (accommodation, transportation, feeding, excessive taxation especially if u are mobile, desperate fraudsters everywhere, agberoh, thugs etc)
amidst all these Lagos is free from terror , Lagos is a land for adventurous hustler, Lagos will sharpen your IQ, Lagos is a beautiful state, lovely n funful beaches to cool off if u have cash.
But I'm tired of Lasgidi.

The guy might just do better than you, why discourage him??

Dude, if you are bold and confident , please feel free to join the next flight to Lagos.

Stay in hotel for the first 2 weeks and get an apartment.

We are even talking of Interstate traveling here, What about peeps travelling out of the country indefinitely without knowing their faith or even able to speak language.

It's for your progression and knowledge acquisition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by miqos02(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
no constant light in lagos
2papa:
I was born in Port Harcourt, I Schooled in Port Harcourt, All my Family are in Port Harcourt, I worked in Port Harcourt. But am tired, I love Lagos and want to relocate. I don't have relatives nor Friends there but I felt I will make it in Lagos. Should I Relocate?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by sukkot: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
TrollTrap:

Ngwanu = Ok na, oya na
thanks a lot. I will start using it from today lol.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by pacino26(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
That asylum called Lagos. Relocated from Port just like you wanna do now. Wasn't my smartest move till date especially if you're working.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by ibietela2(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
2papa:
I was born in Port Harcourt, I Schooled in Port Harcourt, All my Family are in Port Harcourt, I worked in Port Harcourt. But am tired, I love Lagos and want to relocate. I don't have relatives nor Friends there but I felt I will make it in Lagos. Should I Relocate?

Seems like we are in the same category
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
it's best you leave and experience the taste of another environment. I have been living and working in Port Harcourt for 3 year's now and I came to discover that an average indigene haven't crossed the borders of Port harcourt. It's that terrible and it limits their way of thinking and associating with outsiders.
I advice u go out there and explore life irrespective of what it has to offer.
That your statistic is a hoax, strangers in PH say that a lot, and is jst like saying all PH girls are prostitutes.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by adetes: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
think twice before u do dt oh, 3yrs of relocation u might still be struggle cos of xpenses
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Safari29: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
you can make it in lagos if you are talented,a scholar, smart, sociable and ofc hustler. and you can make it anywhere else in the world. Bro come to lag, lag needs you smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
sammhi:
better to relocate abroad than Lagos
It is very tough here oooo
PH is better than Lagos ooo
Imagine Lagos that you will have to wake at 4 a.m or 5 jst to get to work on time.

I can't stand that stress, Lagosians are trying.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Horlufemi(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
2papa:

Dear OP. make money wherever you are, have friends in Lagos. Come and enjoy yourself Lagos one week every three months.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by drimpeccable(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
"All progress takes place outside the comfort zone" ~Michael John Bobak

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by lekkie073(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
2papa:
I advice u to think very well...u will make it in Lagos is not a reason to come o....most especially as u no know anybody....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
Blossom023:
Lagos is a nice place too.. But ehnnnnn me that is used to port Harcourt life.. I don't see myself in a place like Lagos.
But Op once in a while we need to leave our comfort zone.. If you feel you can make it in Lagos.. Go ahead.. At least I know my dad left ph and he has made it now in Lagos.

Just don't go unprepared. Have a plan and when you get there focus on your goal. If you see yourself not making it just come back to your family in Port Harcourt.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
if I carry you go bariga ma guy u go hate lagos is yoooo
if I carry go agege my guy you hate lagos yoooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return / Ghastly Motor Accident At Army Gate Onitsha - Photos / 5 Children, 9 Others Killed As Truck Rams Into Passenger Bus In Kogi (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.