Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks (3202 Views)

What Types Of Engineering Course That Will Make You Rich / Top 7 Most Beautiful Campuses In Nigeria / List Of Top 7 Universities In Africa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by emmanwandud(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2016
If you are intent on making IT your career choice, then there are a host of certifications.

1. Certification in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)

CGEIT is one of top earning option available for IT Pros. CGEIT covers a wide range of responsibilities, including those employees responsible for managing the framework for the governance of enterprise IT, strategic management of IT and the business, benefits realization, risk optimization, and resource optimization.

This exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions that must be answered in less than four hours. Preparing for the tests will cost around $415 in prep materials. Once you pass this certification exam, rest assured of a job posting paying an average $131,443 per year.

2. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate

As the name suggests, this exam is hosted by Amazon and designed for people who design and manage apps on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate covers everything in designing and deploying AWS systems.

If you want to try this certification, you need to have one year of AWS experience and professional knowledge of at least one major programming language. The exam will cost you around $150 and has 60 multiple choice questions which you have complete in 80 minutes. Passing this certification will land you a assured $123,801 per year (average) job.

3. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)

CRISC is an exam meant for risk management and C-Suite professionals. The CRISC exam covers four major risk subject areas: Identification, Assessment, Response and Mitigation, and Control Monitoring and Reporting.

The exam will cost you around $420 excluding the preparation materials and consists of 150 multiple choice questions. If you pass the exam, you’re looking at a career that will earn the average employee $121,424 per year.

4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)

This is most popular certification for ethical hackers. If you’re a security consultant, manager, auditor, analyst, or systems engineer, CISSP is a right certification for you. The certification encompasses designing and engineering a company’s security protocol.

The test will cost around $599 and has 250 multiple choice and drag-and-drop questions. Passing this certification will land you a job with a assured pay package of $120,933 per year (average).

5. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)

This certification course is also a must have for ethical hackers and security researchers. However, unlike the CISSP, the CISM certification is focused primarily on information security management. If you intend to look for the post of CSO or CIO, you should take this certification.

The test will cost approximately $415 excluding prep materials and tutions and consists of 200 multiple choice questions. The only issue with this test is that you need 5 years of hands on experience in the relevant field. Passing the CISM certification will land you a $121,177 per year (average) job with good career opportunities.

6. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

CISA certification is meant for those who want to pursue a career in IT security, IT audit, risk management, and governance. CISA exam requires you to have five years of related professional experience and 20 hours of training.

The exam costs around $500 and consists of 200 multiple choice questions.Passing this certification will land you a job portfolio with average yearly salary of $112,931.

7. Project Management Professional (PMP)

If project management is your forte, you should go for PMP certification. This senior management level certification needs you to have a wide knowledge in IT. PMP certification is a necessary certification if you are looking to join those big tech companies like Facebook, Google, Oracle etc.

The test costs around $405 and comprises 200 multiple choice questions. You need to have a high school diploma; 7,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of of project management education. If you pass this examination, you will land a $112,153 per year (average) job with great career opportunities.

http://www.techworm.net/2016/06/top-7-highest-paying-it-certifications.html

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by umehmj(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2016
me like it.

for those crooks ripping off corps members in the name of getting PMP certification at subsidised rate of 19,500 without telling them the real deal, God is watching in HD

1 Like

Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by success10(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2016
WHERE WILL ONE USE DIS CERTIFICATES TO SECURE JOB?... REMEMBER : LOTS OF CERTIFIED PERSONNEL ARE HOLDING THIS CERTIFICATES.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by truthfulness(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2016
You forgot to add ITIL
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dude, you forgot to include SAP...the number one enterprise Resource Planning solution used by NNPC, FIRS, NLNG, even shell, Dangote and a lot of other IOC's and MNC's. SAP consultants could earn from $200-$4000 per day. im a certified SAP HCM & GRC consiltant.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by kart042000(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
MC1:
Dude, you forgot to include SAP...the number one enterprise Resource Planning solution used by NNPC, FIRS, NLNG, even shell, Dangote and a lot of other IOC's and MNC's. SAP consultants could earn from $200-$4000 per day. im a certified SAP HCM & GRC consiltant.

I was adviced regarding SAP when I wrote my CCIE R&S Written to re-validate my other certifications. And I have since been carrying my certificate applying for job without getting one.

If one does this SAP certification, what is the guarantee of getting a job in Nigeria?
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
kart042000:

I was adviced regarding SAP when I wrote my CCIE R&S Written to re-validate my other certifications. And I have since been carrying my certificate applying for job without getting one.

If one does this SAP certification, what is the guarantee of getting a job in Nigeria?

the opportunities are numerous within and outside nigeria especially if you do the right module. u cud either become a consultant, trainer or work with any of the firms dt hv implemented SAP...and there are a lot of them, and having an sap certification gives u a super edge during recruitment. also note that the govt might begin to implement it in the future.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by jesusjewel1(f): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
MC1:
Thank you for including SAP. I registered for the program but didn't pass the exam. I was awarded certificate of attendance instead of proficiency. What harm has it caused; can I get a job with it along side PMP, Peachtree accounting and CILRM (graduate membership)? Pls reply me.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by forghon: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
thanks op pls wats SAP or are all those courses not related to science graduate, it looks good on paper bt connection and link is wat secure a good job now. may we all succeed in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
jesusjewel1:

Thank you for including SAP. I registered for the program but didn't pass the exam. I was awarded certificate of attendance instead of proficiency. What harm has it caused; can I get a job with it along side PMP, Peachtree accounting and CILRM (graduate membership)? Pls reply me.

which of the modules did you register for?... FICO?...and would you like to take it again?
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
forghon:
thanks op pls wats SAP or are all those courses not related to science graduate, it looks good on paper bt connection and link is wat secure a good job now. may we all succeed in life.

SAP is an ERP,
being SAP certified gives you a unique skill set. and wen u have a skill, ull always find someone willing to pay you for your services....in this case, its the likes of nnpc, nlng, shell, e.t.c. The sooner you get certified, the sooner you take your destiny in ur hands.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by jesusjewel1(f): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
MC1:

which of the modules did you register for?... FICO?...and would you like to take it again?
Errrrr. I can't remember; had the training and exam since last year. Would get back to you on that. Yes, I'd love to. I don't mind rewriting the exam and furthering more in the field.
thank you.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by abbeyty(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
why quoting the earning in $, is dollar now Nigeria currency ?
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
abbeyty:
why quoting the earning in $, is dollar now Nigeria currency ?

SAP is an international skill set and wages for consultants are negotiated in dollars.
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by MC1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
jesusjewel1:

Errrrr. I can't remember; had the training and exam since last year. Would get back to you on that. Yes, I'd love to. I don't mind rewriting the exam and furthering more in the field.
thank you.

no problem, i sent you my number, just call for further clarifications...
Re: Top 7 It Certification Course That Would Land U Mega Bucks by abbeyty(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
MC1:

SAP is an international skill set and wages for consultants are negotiated in dollars.

ok

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Benefits Of VPS Hosting For Your Website / Waptrick Music Download MP3 (how To) / Kogi State University Pre-degree & Diploma Result/admission List 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.