Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

That Osun State May Live Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Osun State May Live Again (747 Views)

Buhari May Live Longer Than Those Peddling His Death Rumour —oshiomhole / Whatever Happened To The Big Fat Lie That Osun Is The Richest State In Nigeria? / Grazing Commission Bill: When Men Die That Cattle May Live! By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Osun State May Live Again by Adelowo2097(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2016
THAT OSUN STATE MAY LIVE AGAIN.

By Adelowo OGUNTOLA

On the 26th November, 2010, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola was declared the legitimate winner of the April 2007 Governorship Election in Osun state. He came in with a lot of promises for the state, telling us the the immediate past administration of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola had been a monumental failure and that by the time he completes his service to Osun state as the Governor, he would have placed the state on the National map as one of the most developed states in the country.

November will mark exactly six years of assumption into office, our dear Osun state seems to have become permanently registered in the hearts of many as one of the most backward states in the federation. So that we may trace our way back to the path of sustainable development, we must remind ourselves how Aregbesola led us onto the path of retrogression so we can continually put him on his toes to do what is right. Let us remind ourselves of the ills Ogbeni and his cohorts has engaged in close to six years. The continuous remembrance of these will guide our future political and administrative decisions. For when we know the truth, it shall definitely set us free.

I- Aregbesola purchased a unit of 'Opon IMO' at #35,000 only. At the time when his government purchased the tablets, e-commerce website www.alibaba.com were selling tablet PCs that had such specifications at #9,000 only. Ogbeni scammed our dear state of #26,000 on each of the tablets. They have disappeared today.

II- The Government of Rauf Aregbesola began deductions of loans for staff cooperative societies about three years ago. Unfortunately, government has refused to remit monies deducted from workers' salaries to those cooperative societies who were obedient enough to register with government. We must ask the question, where are those monies?

III- We must ask Aregbesola, if Ayegbaju International Market was indeed built to raise the commerce standards of Osun people, why is it so expensive to rent even an open stall in that market?

IV- We must ask him, his associate to whom he sold the 6-acre parcel of land upon which Fakunle Comprehensive High School once stood. Who is this buyer and what has the buyer done on this land so far? If we must lose an educational institution of such proud heritage, at least we deserve to know why.

V- We must ask Aregbesola, the security justification for the purchase of a #500 million helicopter for surveillance when Osun has always been a state with one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

VI- We must Ogbeni, why did he expend our state millions on gift packages of one million naira each to members of Oyo state House of Assembly before the 2015 reelection of Governor Abiola Ajimobi to pacify them on their reported anger against Ajimobi?

VII- We must ask Aregbesola how he spent the about #3.4 billion he collected as SURE-P allocations under Goodluck Jonathan.

VIII- We must ask our dear Rauf Aregbesola, why is it that only Lagos-based contractors are being awarded contracts in Osun state? Why did he abandoned our professionals?

IX- We must ask him again, how much can we justify the huge billions he has so far spent on the Osun Aerodrome in Ido Osun?

X- We must ask Ogbeni Aregbesola, how did he use the #3.5 billion loan he took from Guaranty Trust Bank towards the 'Igi-Iye' project? Where today are the trees the project managers claimed will be planted under the scheme?

XI- We must ask Ogbeni, why he is collecting taxes through consultants. What exactly is the duty of the workers employed in the State Inland Revenue Service? Are they just supposed to sit in the offices while some consultants go out to collect tax and deduct percentages from an amount that could not even serve Osun state well?

XII- We must as well ask Aregbesola, what role is his son Kabiru playing in his government? Why has he so degraded our institutions of government that his biological son now has access to government decisions and even wield so much influence? Under what arrangement did he award the contract for the supply of the disappeared 'Opon Imo' to his own biological son?

XIII- We must ask Aregbesola why he has refused to release Local Government allocations to the LGs thereby grounding all activities at the LGs?

XIV- We must ask Aregbesola on his role in the current  face-off between the Muslim body and Christian Association of Nigeria [CAN].

XV- Aregbesola has received over #250 billion as allocations in the last five and half years. Yet, his total budget covering the last six years has been around #900 billion. We must ask him, how did he plan to raise the deficit? We must as well ask, has he landed us in so much debt if he has borrowed such huge deficit? Can we justify a budget of #900 billion by the level of growth and development that we see in our dear state?

Dear Osun people, if our state must live again, we must start asking questions now. We must put Aregbesola and his cohorts on their toes so that they may understand that at any time soon, we may begin to lynch them based on the vast knowledge we now have of the atrocities that has been committed in the last five years.

Our society will be free again I believe.
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by DaBullIT(m): 10:02am On Jun 26, 2016
Someone can just wake up and write anything

Show us paper works like sahara reporters does

copy and paste does not prove your case

Buh bye

1 Like

Re: That Osun State May Live Again by editor123: 8:01am On Jun 27, 2016
Even an idiot knows without a doubt that the accusation thrown here are lies. I will take my time to empirically refute all the lies who have conjured here.

Your intention is to kill the legacy of a man and his family, for the crime of having the gut to take Osun out of the 13th century.

Truth be told, Osun now stand tall in the comity of states despite the current challenges it is facing. The Over 300km of rural and urban roads constructed during the tenure of Ogbeni, the over 150 modern schools, and several other projects embarked upon by his administration will disagree with the lies who conjured just to discredit him
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by Histrings08(m): 8:07am On Jun 27, 2016
Ok
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by Peteru64(m): 9:29am On Jun 27, 2016
editor123:
Even an idiot knows without a doubt that the accusation thrown here are lies. I will take my time to empirically refute all the lies who have conjured here.

Your intention is to kill the legacy of a man and his family, for the crime of having the gut to take Osun out of the 13th century.

Truth be told, Osun now stand tall in the comity of states despite the current challenges it is facing. The Over 300km of rural and urban roads constructed during the tenure of Ogbeni, the over 150 modern schools, and several other projects embarked upon by his administration will disagree with the lies who conjured just to discredit him
How much did they pay u I wonder evn if u ever lived in osun state or u r jxt in 1 p@ of oshogbo n saying all dis r lies. U said dey built school some of which collapsed evn b4 it st@ed running tell me w@ will happen if students r dere? Some of dis project r wit substandard materials
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by Dasini: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2016
There was something I discovered while reading the various allegations he levied against him, he only made complaints about various prices fixed for those projects. He never denied that those projects were done." Am from osun state and can clearly say, aregbe has done well!" Inspite of the salaries he is yet to pay, things are gradually changing for good. He is not the only governor going through this. For those who are only out to condemn him, he still remains the best in the history of that state. No one has done has much has he had done and still doing. Let us support this man, because those in the opposition in osun are people, given chance can't achieve anything reasonable. They lack knowledge of administering state, and are known looters. It is workers that are fighting aregbe, osun citizens(non civil servants) who form 99% of the state population are solidly behind him. We love his works, because his intentions are good. Go round the entire osun state, his good works are all over. He said he had received 900billion over the years, don't forget, recurrent expenditure over the years are part of the money, capital projects inclusive and we can see many things he had done, from health, to security, to tourism, infrastructure, education and many more. The 900 billion you shout, if u commit to the entire education sector in the state, it will still not stop all the problems. And mind you, if you condemning is allowed to this same position, yours may be catastrophic. His many projects obviously caused his inability to meet up on salaries, but truth be told, it is for the good of the state. We lack good infrastructure before he came in, even despite all he had done more is still required. For me osun of our dream can only be achieved with more works from him, leave the hate campaign, join this man to make osun beter. Osun a dara
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by Johnnyessence(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dasini:
There was something I discovered while reading the various allegations he levied against him, he only made complaints about various prices fixed for those projects. He never denied that those projects were done." Am from osun state and can clearly say, aregbe has done well!" Inspite of the salaries he is yet to pay, things are gradually changing for good. He is not the only governor going through this. For those who are only out to condemn him, he still remains the best in the history of that state. No one has done has much has he had done and still doing. Let us support this man, because those in the opposition in osun are people, given chance can't achieve anything reasonable. They lack knowledge of administering state, and are known looters. It is workers that are fighting aregbe, osun citizens(non civil servants) who form 99% of the state population are solidly behind him. We love his works, because his intentions are good. Go round the entire osun state, his good works are all over. He said he had received 900billion over the years, don't forget, recurrent expenditure over the years are part of the money, capital projects inclusive and we can see many things he had done, from health, to security, to tourism, infrastructure, education and many more. The 900 billion you shout, if u commit to the entire education sector in the state, it will still not stop all the problems. And mind you, if you condemning is allowed to this same position, yours may be catastrophic. His many projects obviously caused his inability to meet up on salaries, but truth be told, it is for the good of the state. We lack good infrastructure before he came in, even despite all he had done more is still required. For me osun of our dream can only be achieved with more works from him, leave the hate campaign, join this man to make osun beter. Osun a dara
love this reply bro i will always say it here no matter pdp rubbish infrastructure project in d state of osun people will not still take them serious. ogbeni has provide a good level playing ground for u to work except u are lazy. till 2018 aregbe still wins vote of d people. pdp is 90% dead in d state of osun. quote me any where.
Re: That Osun State May Live Again by EdoBoy90(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
@ Johnnyessence, u are speaking from illusion. How far for the Ife test run they did? who won the election? APC took 4th position in that election. I am in Ilesa, osun state. After Ilesa general hospital, that is where I live. u don't hv anything to tell me about osun state. those who are supporting ogbeni has their sense in a reverse gear.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Monday Morning / One Of These Standing Trial, Allowed His Village To Be Overrun By A Rag-tag Army / PMP Sacks Dr Ibe Kachukwu As The GMD NNPC, Appoints Dr Maikanti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.