Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Why Do You Really Goto Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Really Goto Church (338 Views)

10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ / Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? / Why Do You Really Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Really Goto Church by dauntless15(m): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2016
Going to church isn't really a do or die affair and the bible didn't command you to go to church every Sunday, you can worship God with all your heart from anywhere at anytime even your room in the middle of the night, God just needs your devotion and the church shouldn't be the only way to show it, so going to church every Sunday is unnecessary, there are actually other reasons why people goto church besides service to God,

1. To show your new or cool outfit: this group goes to church everytime looking like they are going for a pageant, they most times come late and draw attention to themselves while trying to take a sit, they make sure everyone sees them

2. To show off: this group of people want people to know they are financially buoyant they flaunt it any chance they get, when they ask for support for widows you see them donating ten 10k and the pastor will ask for a loud applause for his generosity, they give testimony about school to indirectly tell you they are graduates, about how they nearly hit a chicken to show to have a car and lots of other stuff just to boost thier ego and image in the church.

3. To check ladies or guys out: guys do this mostly, i do this most times, they think they're alot of hot girls and guys around and theres a chance you can find a partner too a decent one at that. I usually go with shades so you wont see my eyes scrutinizing you.

4. The ones praying for a marriage partner: those ones are already fed up, and thier list of qualities they want in a partner has become very short (God fearing man or woman) thats all and they goto church everytime to try and see if God will pick thier call, they try to look hot and modest at same time, especially the Girls Because time is running out.

5. Because others are going and you don't want to be tagged a sinner: its very bad in my area that the moment you stayed at home you are automatically a bad person, so i have to go to avoid that name tag always.

6. The real church goers: those ones will kill to go to church, i had a roomie in my fresh man year in school, he's belongs to this class, i didn't know until he moved in with me, deeper life for that matter, i almost died of frustration during the one semester we spent together and i quickly take to my heels immediately the semester was over, he will never allow me to have my way when it comes to church issues, he will prepare my food, press my cloth, fetch me water to enaure i have no excuse to miss church, or come late, haba could you believe he didn't allow me to listen to secular songs for a whole semester?

7. The hypocrites: those ones pray loud and make sure everyone sees them praying, they dance the most while doing offerings which isnt above #50, they come with alot of change to ensure they do all the offerings, they shout alleluia the loudest, amd they are the first to be taken over by the holy spirit.

8. The church fanatic: they have thier fingers in every pie in the church, they are in the choir, the band, the drama group, the breakthrough voice, the prayer warrior and the church politics they wont miss church even if its raining brimstone outside

9. Compelled to: those are the pastors family, the mummies and dadies in the church, you don't dare miss church under the guidance of such people, the consequences are very bad and not worth it.

Which group do you belong to add yours
Re: Why Do You Really Goto Church by dauntless15(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2016
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Memories Embedded In Time / Do You Have A Dream? / Christ Embassy Online Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.