Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Why Do You Really Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Really Go To Church? (9527 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Where Do Dead People Really Go? Stories Out Of The ORDINARY!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:01am On May 15, 2016
Here is something to think about.

Have you ever sat down and thought to yourself why you spend time worshipping and praying to God on Sundays.

To be completely honest, most people don't even know why they go to church. For some, it's just to fulfil all righteousness while for others, they see it as a way to genuinely connect and communicate to God.

While I on my own part see church services as a form of social gathering where we dance and sing more like in a party celebration. Depending on the kind of church you go to, you will always get some kind of vibe that's similar to going to a party, a lecture or even a seminar.

The issue I'm having now is that depending on the various reasons we all go to church, there's one particular thing we spend a lot of time doing which is "PRAYERS".

This is where I have a problem and I strongly believe our problems as Nigerians and African as a whole lies there.

We want God to do so much for us that we forget to use our brains to solve the numerous problems plaguing us day by day.

White people spend so much time doing research that ends up as invention that solves their personal problems and that of millions of other people and these innovations keep coming up day by day while we waste productive hours in church praying to God who already has a long list of prayer requests.

I think it's about time to set our priorities straight and start using what God has already given us to solve our problems.

Have a nice day and enjoy your time worshipping a true and living God. Not your pastor.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2016
Thanks to the Mods for the opportunity to bare my mind on certain sensitive issues.
I will also like to use this opportunity to invite you to my blog where i write about other issues that affects us as Nigerians.

Here is "RUNDOWN OF A GAMEBOY"
http://ybnr..com.ng/2016/05/qualities-and-description-of-game-boy.html
I'm giving out 10,000 recharge card on this post.
Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Heterodox(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2016
Who church don epp?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:09am On May 15, 2016
Oga! Shey you don't want people to go to church this Sunday ba?
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by level10: 8:43am On May 15, 2016
TO LOOK AT THE BUILDING

THE CONSTRUCTION WORK HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 13YEARS

SO I JST GO THERE ONCE IN A WHILE TO SEE HOWFAR THE HAVE GONE

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Apelex(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2016
K
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Dottore: 8:43am On May 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by meeky007(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2016
WITCH K9N ? BE DIS
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by computerboy: 8:43am On May 15, 2016
1. To charge phone
2. To show off designers wears
3. To avoid query from mum
4. To find new boo
5. So neighbours won't see you as devil
6. To clear your conscience especially if you did that "thing" Saturday night

90% go to church for the above but the 10% (which I'm included) go to church because

1. most of us can't pray well at home because of distractions and we hardly read the Bible. Even when we do, we do it with carnal knowledge.

2. In these hard times, most of us feel relieved of stress after going to church and especially after singing praises. It help to keep our hopes high.

3. To receive blessings, communion and prophetic declarations from real powerful men of God

atheists don't quote me please

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Fastnerd: 8:44am On May 15, 2016
To serve God ofcus
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by firstolalekan(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2016
TO GIVE PASTORS ALL MY LIFE'S SAVINGS angry

TO GO AND "SHADOW" HOT NEW BABES FOR MY JOHN-TOMOS MINISTRY cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by hakeem4(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2016
Because my mother said I should go grin

But I don't see any reason going to church when we can just do family devotion at home

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by ybalogs(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2016
I don't go to church. I'm a Muslim.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by ProHuntConsult: 8:45am On May 15, 2016
In my opinion, everyone should make their own heart the home of God. Its not all about going to church but how much you practice what the Bible teaches you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by PAnaceA7(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2016
I go to church to remain closer to Him...... Even when sad, I find peace each time am in church

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by moscobabs(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2016
to hear my pastor lies

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2016
To Renew my faith with God and uplift my spirit for the spiritual task ahead cool cool cool

One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.. cool cool

Holy Trinity Catholic Church Maitama cool

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:46am On May 15, 2016
To charge phone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:46am On May 15, 2016
Go to church for consolation
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Analorgue(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2016
.either of the following reasons...
1.To check out chics
2.when the chics no fine, I get lost in thought
3.if I'm not fantasizing, then I'm scrutinizing the congregation trying to decipher as many people that would definitely be hypocrites
4.the very few times I listen, I look for flaws in the pastor's message and trust me I always find.
so u see, I offend God more by going to church.. so I just stay indoors chilling most Sundays..

13 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Aspireahead(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2016
ask me why I stopped going to church..
1. most pastors are liars, they preach what suits them.
2. I began to judge them. when ever u am sitting in the judge and the pastor is preaching... i Will like..ah, ah, ah..pastor don lie again. and I hated it.
3. Most Christians are hypocrite, only second to some Muslims and followed by APC supporters (take the APC part as applicable to you if you are a PDP fan).
4.Churches exalt prosperity above Christianity, except Deeper life.
5. I discovered life is to short to waste every Sunday morning listening to someone read a book I can read myself.

they are more reasons.....and..let me not forget this one
6. I no longer live with my parents.

I got unplugged.. (watch matrix)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by gaetano: 8:47am On May 15, 2016
because of that beautiful choir mistress, o gawd

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:47am On May 15, 2016
People will see my new clothes
Everyone will let know I go to church

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by segzicres(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2016
Some go to reset their sins for the week

other go for miracles, turning it into a babalawo center

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:50am On May 15, 2016
I'm proud Atheist, I don't go to church since I learnt myself universal truth is NEVER measured in mass appeal. If a God is so mighty enough to create the mighty sun and create the earth, damn it, he wouldn't fit in a building called church.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:50am On May 15, 2016
We only have church goers in Nigeria and they are the worst sinners in the world

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Boldwinner(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2016
StillBrandnew:
Here is something to think about.

Have you ever sat down and thought to yourself why you spend time worshipping and praying to God on Sundays.

To be completely honest, most people don't even know why they go to church. For some, it's just to fulfil all righteousness while for others, they see it as a way to genuinely connect and communicate to God.

While I on my own part see church services as a form of social gathering where we dance and sing more like in a party celebration. Depending on the kind of church you go to, you will always get some kind of vibe that's similar to going to a party, a lecture or even a seminar.

The issue I'm having now is that depending on the various reasons we all go to church, there's one particular thing we spend a lot of time doing which is "PRAYERS".

This is where I have a problem and I strongly believe our problems as Nigerians and African as a whole lies there.

We want God to do so much for us that we forget to use our brains to solve the numerous problems plaguing us day by day.

White people spend so much time doing research that ends up as invention that solves their personal problems and that of millions of other people and these innovations keep coming up day by day while we waste productive hours in church praying to God who already has a long list of prayer requests.

I think it's about time to set our priorities straight and start using what God has already given us to solve our problems.

Have a nice day and enjoy your time worshipping a true and living God. Not your pastor.

[b]What is the AIM of bringing this topic to front page?

That you don't feel like going to church because you think there are people who go there for entertainment or people who depend only on praying without taking any action DOES NOT mean that everyone else should stop going to church.

As far as I am concerned, there are still good and vibrant people, making a contribution to the world via their actions, who go to church.
Going to church or NOT is a choice! If you want to advise people on how to take action regarding their problems, fine, go ahead and do that. Stop trying to bring the church into it simply because you don't go.

Allow those who choose to go whether good or bad, lazy or active, responsible or irresponsible, hypocrite or saint.. Allow them, it's none of your business. Your business is your own choice which will affect you and you alone. Don't cry for other people or try to drag them into not going to church when they want to.
Peace.

[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by donholy28(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2016
To charge phone when NEPA no gree bring light

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by jtwest(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2016
See question Sunday morning wey I wan go bathe to dey go church, e be like say rain wan fall sef. Ok make I pitch my tent here, grab soda and pop corn to read comments till evening, maybe dat way I can come up with an invention.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by steppin: 8:51am On May 15, 2016
I go to church cos I believe in God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by donholy28(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2016
Last seen in church...31/12/2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:52am On May 15, 2016
Most Nigerians go to church because they are told to do so! I don't need a church if it doesn't add to my life!What has the church done to improve Nigeria's society as a whole? Nothing!!!! People steal and go to church to donate...the church is corrupt! I will rather commune with my God on personal terms and be a good citizen of the world according to his teachings!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Was Excommunicated From The Church - Pastor W F Kumuyi / Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.