Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP (1015 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Group Advises Aspirants To Defect / PDP Needs Surgery, Says Sheriff-led Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by rommyth(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
As the leadership crisis rocking the National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), continues to fester, an aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in the forthcoming governorship election in Edo State, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen, has disclosed that he would be participating in the party primaries under the Ali Modu Sheriff-led PDP.

Iduoriyekemwen, who took part in the PDP primaries held last Monday has also rejected the outcome of the party’s primary, which produced Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu as its candidate.

Leadership Sunday also learnt that the member representing Egor/Ikpoba Okha at the national assembly, Hon E.J Agbonyinwan has also bought nomination/expression of interest form for the primary.

Iduoriyekemwen  also pledged his loyalty to the Ali Modu Sheriff leadership of the party and added that he would participate in the primary election of the group scheduled for June 28

The former Majority Leader in the state House of Assembly, who spoke in Benin, the state capital, described the primary election as a “comedy” which was “clinically manipulated” to favour the preferred candidate of the state leadership of the party.

He said, “Having looked at all the processes, starting from the clinical manipulation and rigging of the primary, I hereby fully dissociate myself from every process that led to that so-called primary which ended on June 20.

“I and members of my team across the state reject the outcome and we pledge our loyalty to the authentic leadership of the party headed by Ali Modu Sheriff. They have drawn up the programme for the PDP primary and I hereby declare that I and my team are participating in that primary.

“I and members of my campaign team have met, we have tried to review all that transpired and we have come up with the fact that what transpired that day could best be termed a comedy, in the sense that the processes that led to the event of that day were clinically planned and orchestrated like the party had indeed endorsed a candidate.” http://leadership.ng/news/539232/2-aspirants-to-contest-edo-guber-ticket-under-sheriff-led-pdp

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by UAE123(m): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
It is really high time this PDP comedy of a thing stop. The founders of the party that are still alive today should urgently meet with the different factions and help to resolve this issue that has been dragging on for long. They are not even playing the role of an opposition party which is really important in a vibrant democracy.

1 Like

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by StepTwo: 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
UAE123:
It is really high time this PDP comedy of a thing stop. The founders of the party that are still alive today should urgently meet with the different factions and help to resolve this issue that has been dragging on for long. They are not even playing the role of an opposition party which is really important in a vibrant democracy.

those leaders are as kwarapt, do you know how many of them must have benefited from the pockets of sherrif?

its difficult for them right now. i dont see this crisss ending anytime soon.
Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by babyfaceafrica: 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good
Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Jirate(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
As for Me and My House Hold, we would cast our Votes for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the real PDP, any other Aspirant can go to Blazes. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Eboski(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
SAS pls live Edo state for us, cos we are ready to give Oshiomole the run of his money.
You want to conduct primary election with just two Aspirants.
pls go and work with the leaders of PDP.
come to Etsako West local govt area my village is close to Oshiomole village "Jagbe" which is my village no roads,the school there is just two teachers,
no light for good 8 years.
Did my village offended Oshiomole?

1 Like

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Eboski(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
for me and my villagers including my family is Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the real PDP, any other candidates are fake including the fake SAS......

1 Like

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Dezolo(f): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good for them..

*goes back to bathroom*
Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Reinvented: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Abeg Edo PDP have since moved on. All those making noise are as confused as Sheriff. Ize Iyamu is few months away from Edo Government House.

1 Like

Re: 2 Aspirants To Contest Edo Guber Ticket Under Sheriff-led PDP by Caseless: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sherrif my guy. I love that guy cool

Good job!

(1) (Reply)

Special Forces Deployed To Ibafo By IG Are Extorting 100 Naira From Okada Men / Peter Obi & Daughter @ The Creative Writing Workshop @ The Oriental Hotel Lagos / Dino Melaye: The Thug With A Presidential Dream By Emmanuel Ugwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.